U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:47 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,880,032 times

Advertisements

This is in answer to post #19
^^^
Sorry, your suppositions about everyone on here are completely and totally incorrect. (No cutie pie winkies either.) If one of my relatives was a murderer, I would not stick up for them, nor would I defend them to "outsiders." I certainly would not LIE IN COURT nor BREAK THE LAW to defend the indefensible for family.

Maybe you would stick up for a murderer in your family, but that is you, personally. In this case you can only speak for yourself, not the entirety of CD's posters.

Once again, the real victim, Caylee, is totally disregarded ... just like her body was literally thrown out as trash. Any sympathy for "Cindy and the rest of the family" is completely misplaced and inappropriate when compared to the real tragedy ... Caylee's murder. "Cindy and the rest of the family" at least still have a life. I cannot even muster up any sympathy for them. Caylee's done forever and nobody is going to pay for what happened to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,780,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I haven't said anything here that hasn't been posted by others.
I realize that and I was talking to all of you, hence my commoent, "as if most of you wouldnt do the same thing"

Quote:
Why is what I post about the CA case so important to you?
Its not you in particular, you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or maybe you just say things that reflect the attitude of the group and thats why I quote you.

Quote:
Frankly, I haven't missed your appearences in the threads I post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
This is in answer to post #19
^^^
Sorry, your suppositions about everyone on here are completely and totally incorrect. (No cutie pie winkies either.) If one of my relatives was a murderer, I would not stick up for them, nor would I defend them to "outsiders." I certainly would not LIE IN COURT nor BREAK THE LAW to defend the indefensible for family.
Yada yada yada....... once you've been in that situation, then you can come back and tell me this or that. You know, half the battle is actualy believing they are a murderer, and Cindy Anthony, clearly does not. NO parent would want to believe that about their own flesh and blood, even if they had to create a delusional reality for themselves in order to reconcile it.

Quote:
Maybe you would stick up for a murderer in your family, but that is you, personally. In this case you can only speak for yourself, not the entirety of CD's posters.
Unfortunate to say, but I do have and alleged murderer in my family. I am the only one that refuses to make excuses for this persons actions, and I am the only one that is willing to say without a doubt that they did it, or at least had a hand in it and are as guilty as the one who did. I have experienced first hand the denial and delusion that otherwise sane family members create for themselves in order to cope with the fact that a loved one is capable of such horrendous crimes. Ignoring facts that are staring them straight in the face, making up reasons for why they may have done this or that, etc etc. This is why I can somewhat understand the attitude of Cindy Anthony towards her daughter, maybe, better than any of you. Hopefuly better than any of you. I hope that no one here ever has to experience such thngs for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails
But No Casey!-1319492676845.png  

Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,698,893 times
I just hope I am never in a situation where my child is accused of a crime with the death penalty. The stress alone would make me forget stuff, I would be a wreck.

I saw a few minutes of the show on E tonight, it was pretty much the same stuff we have seen before. Nothing new that I saw.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:32 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Yada yada yada.......

Old 10-25-2011, 10:24 AM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
NBC is wheeling and dealing to get the first Casey Anthony interview without paying for it! They can then tell their viewers we do not pay for interviews.
The NBC director can't locate a publisher for a Casey Anthony book deal.

Simon and Schuster: “We are 100% not interested. We are NOT NOT NOT interested. Simon & Schuster is not publishing, and has never intended to publish, any book by Casey Anthony, her family, or any member of her team.

Harper Collins: “We are planning on publishing the Prosecutor’s book who was involved in the Casey Anthony case, so we have no plans in releasing a Casey Anthony book. We’re sticking with the prosecutor.”

Penguin Group: "We have no plans on doing a book deal with Casey Anthony."

Another publisher went so far as to say, "Hell no ... it's blood money."

Book Publishers to Casey Anthony: HELL NO! | TMZ.com

Old 10-25-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Post #24

OK.......???..........

That makes no sense virgode, the first thing you need to know about posting reaction pics is, they have to be a reaction or response to the post you are replying to. And nowhere in that post you quoted was I whining or crying so........

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 10-25-2011 at 12:40 PM..

Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yada yada yada....... once you've been in that situation, then you can come back and tell me this or that. You know, half the battle is actualy believing they are a murderer, and Cindy Anthony, clearly does not. NO parent would want to believe that about their own flesh and blood, even if they had to create a delusional reality for themselves in order to reconcile it.
Likewise, you cannot assume that all of us here on C-D would be carbon copies of Cindy if the situation happened to us. I think your assumption, about people you don't even know, is the more onerous by far than my speaking for myself.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
The NBC director can't locate a publisher for a Casey Anthony book deal.

Simon and Schuster: “We are 100% not interested. We are NOT NOT NOT interested. Simon & Schuster is not publishing, and has never intended to publish, any book by Casey Anthony, her family, or any member of her team.

Harper Collins: “We are planning on publishing the Prosecutor’s book who was involved in the Casey Anthony case, so we have no plans in releasing a Casey Anthony book. We’re sticking with the prosecutor.”

Penguin Group: "We have no plans on doing a book deal with Casey Anthony."

Another publisher went so far as to say, "Hell no ... it's blood money."

Book Publishers to Casey Anthony: HELL NO! | TMZ.com
Even (usually) financially voracious corporations understand that it's wrong to turn a profit off a MURDERED child. Too bad the dead child's family doesn't.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:23 PM

7,106 posts, read 9,341,059 times
Quote:
I wonder how old Octomom is doing with all those children! Last I heard she was on the Welfare rolls. Lohan is where she belongs cleaning toilets at the morgue. She will get out of that duty too.
"Cleaning toilets at the morgue"? Literally?

Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Likewise, you cannot assume that all of us here on C-D would be carbon copies of Cindy if the situation happened to us. I think your assumption, about people you don't even know, is the more onerous by far than my speaking for myself.
I'm not saying that you would do exactly as Cindy is doing. For one thing, you wouldn't be able to because most of these things the public never hears about despite the fact that they happen every day, and if you ask me, thats the way this case should have stayed, local.

All I AM saying is, if you were suddenly thrust into that position, I think you would handle it alot differently then you think you would. Nobody here is in a position to say how they would handle it, because they have never been put into that position. Your mind changes, your judgment is clouded, your emotions make you stupid and oblivious, no one here can make any definate statements about how they would react.

On a separate note, thank you to the poster who gave me rep points for my blog entry, I hope you enjoyed it, and your comments on the subject are welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime