U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-27-2011, 02:11 PM
 
4,574 posts, read 7,063,489 times
Reputation: 4222

Advertisements

but LE can still track all the calls that came in and out on those phones, so taking the phones doesn't really accomplish much. All I can think of is that someone's VM is still on the phone which would incriminate somebody or it was just another part of the staging.

I see now the parents have "cancelled" all appointments, media was supposed to get a tour of the house and any other events they had going on until next week...they need to "rest", per their attorney. Gee, that means another week goes by without anything from them. Don't they know if Baby Lisa is still alive, that time is their enemy. The "abductor" could be taking her further and further away. Course, if you know she's not going anywhere, I guess it doesn't matter if you delay, delay, delay. I'm getting mad now

Search of the nearby pond today didn't result in anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2011, 02:31 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
.
I think those cell phones contained some type of incriminating evindence.....and that is why they disappeared.
Bingo... Who would want their damn cell phones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 PM
 
5,339 posts, read 8,043,087 times
Reputation: 9624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The missing cell phones are the big, red flag for me.

Why would a kidnapper stop to steal not one cell phone.....but three?

Why would a kidnapper take the time to search out THREE cell phones and not take her purse.....or her jewelery?

This stinks to high heaven, IMO.

I think those cell phones contained some type of incriminating evindence.....and that is why they disappeared.

The missing phones story sounded odd to me f.rom the beginning. Reportedly the phones were taken so that they were unable to call 911. How would the intruder know that they had three cell phones? And where each was located?

And how can you choose to cancel "appointments" with investigators? As if they were no more important than a hair appointment?

If they truly wanted their baby to be found why are they making themselves unavailable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2011, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,164 posts, read 13,438,598 times
Reputation: 20600
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
The missing phones story sounded odd to me f.rom the beginning. Reportedly the phones were taken so that they were unable to call 911. How would the intruder know that they had three cell phones? And where each was located?

And how can you choose to cancel "appointments" with investigators? As if they were no more important than a hair appointment?

If they truly wanted their baby to be found why are they making themselves unavailable?
Good point!

And....how would taking their cell phones prevent them from calling 911?

All they would have to do is run over to a neighbor's house.....it's not like they live out in the middle of nowhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2011, 02:40 PM
 
5,339 posts, read 8,043,087 times
Reputation: 9624
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Bingo... Who would want their damn cell phones.

Maybe they threw the the phones in the lake themselves, then reported them stolen, to support the break-in and kidnapping story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2011, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,164 posts, read 13,438,598 times
Reputation: 20600
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Maybe they threw the the phones in the lake themselves, then reported them stolen, to support the break-in and kidnapping story.
Yep.....that is what I think too or something close to it.

But.....there could have been evidence on their phones proving they colluded to sell the child too.....I kinda doubt it.....but it can't be ruled out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2011, 02:47 PM
 
5,339 posts, read 8,043,087 times
Reputation: 9624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Good point!

And....how would taking their cell phones prevent them from calling 911?

All they would have to do is run over to a neighbor's house.....it's not like they live out in the middle of nowhere.

Right! That is why I thought the story sounded fishy from the first time I heard it! Mom was quoted as saying, "someone took the baby and all three cell phones to keep us from calling 911."

What I can't figure out is mom's motive. Why would she want to get rid of the baby? Or did the baby die accidentally and mom is trying to cover it up? What if mom fell asleep on baby or passed out on baby, then panicked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
 
4,574 posts, read 7,063,489 times
Reputation: 4222
I thought I heard that all 3 phones were in the kitchen, together. I guess because they were "inoperable/cut off", they just left them in the kitchen??? Why 3 phones anyway, there were only 2 adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2011, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,164 posts, read 13,438,598 times
Reputation: 20600
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Right! That is why I thought the story sounded fishy from the first time I heard it! Mom was quoted as saying, "someone took the baby and all three cell phones to keep us from calling 911."

What I can't figure out is mom's motive. Why would she want to get rid of the baby? Or did the baby die accidentally and mom is trying to cover it up? What if mom fell asleep on baby or passed out on baby, then panicked?[/quote]
^^^This is what I think happened. It is even more likely since she says she was drunk at the time. Passed out on the baby, dropped the baby.....an accident and then panic and then the cover up.

I really don't think she killed the baby on purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2011, 03:48 PM
 
5,339 posts, read 8,043,087 times
Reputation: 9624
And the way the mom acts during the interviews I have seen just doesn't seem right. To me, at least, she doesn't appear to be a frantic mom hoping and searching for her baby, she almost appears to not have hope of finding the baby. If she really thinks the baby was kidnapped, wouldn't she be doing everything within her power to help find her? Cancelling "appointments" and refusing interviews won't help the police find her baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top