U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 PM

58 posts, read 73,609 times

Advertisements

I heard about this on the news this morning...

Amid Anger Over Grisly Collision, China Recognizes a Humble Hero - Global Spin - TIME.com

What the news reported was that a man ran over a child, and then after seeing what he had done, ran over her a second time "because he knew how expensive the medical bills would be if she lived".

Unreal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 06:31 PM

26,346 posts, read 83,036,714 times
After reading about the holocaust, not much surprises me about people.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 PM

58 posts, read 73,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
After reading about the holocaust, not much surprises me about people.

I suppose that says it all.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,354,537 times
Although I have to see the guy's point about not wanting to prolong the suffering...yikes.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,122,449 times
Did anyone watch the video ? I have never done that before and I don't quite understand why I did.....it was horrible. The child was treated like a sack of potatoes. The service worker who pulled her out of the road, just threw her over to the side of the road and walked away. I have never seen the like..... I am sorry I looked at it.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:35 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,354,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Did anyone watch the video ? I have never done that before and I don't quite understand why I did.....it was horrible. The child was treated like a sack of potatoes. The service worker who pulled her out of the road, just threw her over to the side of the road and walked away. I have never seen the like..... I am sorry I looked at it.

Now, I just watched the video and did not see her run over a second time, and did not see anyone try to move her. What horrified me is all the people who walked or rode right past her without looking down, as she lay there waving her arms and struggling.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:38 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,791,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Yeah I watched it just the other Night. It is unbelievable. She was run over by that truck, he stops, runs over her with the back wheel and continues on, 5 or 6 people walk on by her like who cares, then ANOTHER truck hits her, then a few more people walk on by, then finaly someone helps.

Mods feel free to cut this but I have to say it. I think everyone there that day who didnt so much a raise a brow to help this girl needs to be hunted down and shot! The good news is, they are in china so theres a possibility of this happening. Maybe we'll get even luckier and they'll feed'em to the lions!

Old 10-19-2011, 04:18 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,737,753 times
Interesting take on "Collective Consciousness" in regards to making sure she was dead, because of the cost of her medical bills. They take that very seriously in China. China is an interesting culture, I don't really understand it much. And they don't bother much with other people there, they take care of their families, but not anyone outside of their immediate circle.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:31 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,791,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting take on "Collective Consciousness" in regards to making sure she was dead, because of the cost of her medical bills. They take that very seriously in China. China is an interesting culture, I don't really understand it much. And they don't bother much with other people there, they take care of their families, but not anyone outside of their immediate circle.
You know what? One fact I failed to consider was that this was a 2 yr old little GIRL...... female children dont seem to matter as much over there in China, so there likely will be no justice after all.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:05 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,737,753 times
That is really sad. I know a family who has adopted two beautiful little girls from China. They are cute as buttons. The irony is that they got a "two for one deal" because one little girl is blind, she was in the orphanage, and my friend felt badly for her, she was basically in a corner, malnourished, alone, they were just sort of leaving her alone to die, or whatever...when my friend wanted to take her too, the officials did the paperwork in a nano second--unheard of--and she took home both girls. And those girls are smart, attractive, vivacious, exceptional...absolute dolls. Both of them.

The little "blind" girl, had glaucoma, and with surgery here, is doing very well...they did not even bother to get her surgery, or glasses to correct her vision...incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or