U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:43 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,891,390 times

Advertisements

In most cases names are not released into the media.

So why not release anything sealed and unreleased related to the Anthony case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 08:04 PM

7,150 posts, read 5,418,163 times
They said on the news this morning that media was constantly coming to their residence. Most of them pulled the blinds and locked the doors. So I have a feeling they aren't feeling to safe in their houses right.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:52 AM

13,930 posts, read 19,149,139 times
Pretty sad it's come to this. People doing their civic duty (and doing it well) are put in danger because of it.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:37 AM

1,328 posts, read 2,450,832 times
What is the point of releasing jurors names? To get them stalked or killed in retaliation for the verdict? This doesn't make any sense and serves no real purpose.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:58 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,302,997 times
If I recall correctly, I read one of the jurors that spoke out (may have been an alternate.) After they reached a verdict they agreed as a group, made a pact to not speak about the deliberations and verdict. I know I read that somewhere I just can't find it.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:18 AM

9,193 posts, read 9,271,792 times
I wish they wouldn't publish these lists. Speaking from inside the system, its hard enough right now to get people to serve on juries. There are all the excuses of employment, children, poor health, old age, and transportation issues that constantly come up when juries are selected. Now, we have to add to this list the idea that jurors may wish to avoid service out of fear that they will be beaten up, killed, or just harassed because they returned a verdict people disagreed with.

I've seen situations where out of 50 jury summons sent out, only 11 or 12 people appeared in court. This problem is just going to get worse as this country becomes angrier and more polarized.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:55 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,437,108 times
The only reason I even looked at the list was because I live near Pinellas and grew up in Pinellas. I wanted to make sure no one I knew was on the jury. I would hate to see someone I cared about being threatened just because they did their job and the prosecution didn't.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,117,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I would just like to put a face to the descriptions we always heard or read about ... the church lady ... the policeman's daughter ... the handyman ... Juror #2 the last one to hold out for guilty ... Juror #6 the guy that put his story up for bid starting at $50k. Of course we may never see pictures just names. I don't wish them harm and I hope they are not harassed. I have mental pictures.

Plenty of people at least 50 visitors were allowed in the courtroom each day in addition to the press. No photos were allowed but comments from various sessions ... a male juror in his 50's appeared to doze off during some of the testimony.

I don't even care about the who, what and why they reached their verdict. It's over and done with and my only problem with the whole deal is why the Princess is getting all this special treatment.
As always, a thoughtful post. I agree with everything said here and I am not obsessed (sp).....

Old 10-26-2011, 02:02 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,784,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
I don't really see a point of them releasing the names..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superduy View Post
Why would they even release the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
What is the point of releasing jurors names? To get them stalked or killed in retaliation for the verdict? This doesn't make any sense and serves no real purpose.
Well...... It may be because this country was founded on a system of openess to the public, and where our government can't hide things from us. Not to mention that the jurors aren't given the prvilege to remain anonymous in any other case { except perhaps mobster trials } and therefore, these jurors shouldn't be given that privilege either. Just my guess though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Pretty sad it's come to this. People doing their civic duty (and doing it well) are put in danger because of it.
lol yes.....yes bosco, we all know how you feel about the verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
In most cases names are not released into the media.
?
Huh? Quite the contrary Virgode.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 PM

13,930 posts, read 19,149,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I wish they wouldn't publish these lists. Speaking from inside the system, its hard enough right now to get people to serve on juries. There are all the excuses of employment, children, poor health, old age, and transportation issues that constantly come up when juries are selected. Now, we have to add to this list the idea that jurors may wish to avoid service out of fear that they will be beaten up, killed, or just harassed because they returned a verdict people disagreed with.

I've seen situations where out of 50 jury summons sent out, only 11 or 12 people appeared in court. This problem is just going to get worse as this country becomes angrier and more polarized.
Exactly. It's really ridiculous when you think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime