Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 10:00 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,576 times

Advertisements

I know that there is a controversy surrounding her death. She was with some mafia types the weekend before she died and then there is her relationship with the Kennedys that some claim she may have been pregnant. What do you think? If there is a possibility of murder her body should be exhumed so we know the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 04:04 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
I am not sure that we could determine murder after all of this time. I guess with new techniques but, I think they had already determined that she had drugs in her system. I really have mixed thoughts on this. A part of me thinks there may very well have been a murder. On the other hand, maybe it was just an accident, a drug overdose that went awry.
It is as puzzling as the Kennedy murder. We will never know, JMO.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Yes. I believe it was the housekeeper who called Peter Lawford (actor, Kennedy pal) and not the police when Monroe died. He came over and spent hours in the house before he ever called officials. Her diary was gone after officials arrived.

Supposedly she called a friend the night before and said she was going to really break loose with some secret information that she had had for a long time. She wrote everything, we are told, in her diary.

Remember, she was lovers with John and later, with Bobby, both of whom broke up with her.

After her death it was found that her home was bugged and it was only then that someone floated rumors that she had been chummy with mobsters.

It is possible that she was a loose cannon and a security risk. She may have been privy to info from the Kennedys or she may have overheard things at one of their parties.

Yeah, I think it is chalked up to a drug overdose but I seem to recollect (maybe it was some other case) that a pill bottle was missing? Or that the prescription was not indicated for her condition, or that her doctor was in the house for hours with Lawford?

I think I also remember that the body appeared to be staged for some reason.

Yes, there was definitely something strange there. I think it was involvement with the government in some manner and going to speak up, like in the Sonny Bono case.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:52 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,576 times
the theory is that she may have been pregnant with one of the Kennedys kids.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
the theory is that she may have been pregnant with one of the Kennedys kids.
I think that, when there IS a mystery and it DOES involve government wrong doing, many stories are planted to misdirect the public.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:57 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
the theory is that she may have been pregnant.
That doesn't appear to be true, according to her autopsy report. Danamo's Marilyn Monroe Pages - Autopsy

Old 11-05-2011, 05:58 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
I know that there is a controversy surrounding her death. She was with some mafia types the weekend before she died and then there is her relationship with the Kennedys that some claim she may have been pregnant. What do you think? If there is a possibility of murder her body should be exhumed so we know the truth.
I do not believe she was murdered, but I the evidence is that evidence was staged.

RFK was on his way to bang her when she called. By the time he arrived at her home, she was near death. He called an ambulance, which arrived and removed her for transport to hospital.

She died en route.

RFK ordered the ambulance to turn around and go back to her home, and the crew reluctantly did so.

Later, RFK and Peter Lawford ransacked her home looking for any incriminating evidence against RFK or JFK, and they staged her body.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:42 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
We don't even know who killed Kennedy; How are we supposed to know how she died?

Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 PM

393 posts, read 652,373 times
The Kennedy's, Peter Lawford, The ambulance attendants, etc etc were all involved in the cover up of her method of death. She indeed was supposed to meet Bobby Kennedy that evening. There is much evidence to support that there was a cover up of the way she died but not that she was killed. A case can be made for murder as she knew much about the Kennedy's and could have caused them considerable political harm if allowed to continue to be a loose cannon. She also was involved with the Mafia so there were 2 big strikes against her. She was an accident waiting to happen. We will never know but I am sure that the entire bedroom was staged.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I do not believe she was murdered, but I the evidence is that evidence was staged.

RFK was on his way to bang her when she called. By the time he arrived at her home, she was near death. He called an ambulance, which arrived and removed her for transport to hospital.

She died en route.

RFK ordered the ambulance to turn around and go back to her home, and the crew reluctantly did so.

Later, RFK and Peter Lawford ransacked her home looking for any incriminating evidence against RFK or JFK, and they staged her body.
Thank you for this story. My memory is not as good as it once was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime