U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,137,338 times

Advertisements

If you want to know just how bad things are, go to Unforgotten Angels on FB. There are page after page of horrible crimes against children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 11:04 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,487,969 times
Ugh, so horrible, this just makes me sick!
WTF is wrong with these people???
And every time, it just amazes me how these wastes of space just keep reproducing! When families who are wishing for a child have to jump through countless hoops to adopt. Urgh, I absolutely think there SHOULD be some sort of law to determine a person's right to have children, at least basic mental capacity. The kids who do survive these types of upbringing will most likely grow up to become abusers and sociopaths themselves and perpetuate the cycle. These "mothers" should be forcibly sterilized, imo.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:54 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,065,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I had followed this for sometime on FB. I didn't realize the trial was still going on. That story is one of the worst, if that can be possible.

I follow a lot of these crimes, writing letters, signing petitions, etc, what ever I can do to bring awareness to these awful things. I buy up stuffed toys for authorities to give to abused children who are brought in. I buy suitcases for foster children so they don't have to carry their clothes in garbage bags. But, periodically, I have to back away because I become so overwhelmed by the terrible, terrible things that are done to the most defenseless in our society and I fear it is getting worse.....

We recently had another thread similar to this one where I named several "mothers" who knowingly participated in the abuse by standing by or actively abusing themselves and they only received minimal sentences for going against the boyfriend....it sickens me. I dont understand it, why they both can't be charged equally. I also started another thread on here about the case in Canada where the prosecutor stated that we punish crimes against animals harder than we do for children......then there is the thread on the BBC story about child abuse in America....

Sorry, I am on a rant. I had written much more but I have just become so disheartened at the way our children are being treated and the lack of punishment for that treatment. Some get it, others don't.
Exactly, Annie. It makes me absolutely sick how these mothers are getting off lightly for allowing their children to be tortured. Literally tortured. What kind of person can sit around, eat, sleep, watch TV, work, go on with their lives like normal, while their own child, their baby, is being tortured to death? Even the ones who do end up doing time, it's never enough. They get a deal for testifying against the boyfriend, they have a sob story about how they were so scared they couldn't help their child, and get some measly little sentence that's really a slap in the face of the dead child. The 27 year sentence of Brianna Lopez's mother is exactly that kind of case.

But yet, 27 years is better than 4. Ohio should be ashamed, that is just a travesty. That poor child didn't even get to live 4 years, and his mother who pretty much gave her boyfriend her blessing to beat, rape, and torture him gets to spend that little bit of time in jail, then probably get out to have more children to neglect. It sickens me.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 AM

22,858 posts, read 16,918,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Brutal death ended life of pain and fear | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Just when I think I've heard it all, I come across something else that makes me even sicker. Before you click on this link, please be advised this story may keep you up tonight, because it sure kept me up. It happened in 2006, but I just now heard of it.

On top of being heartbroken at reading about this poor little boy, I was infuriated. His mother got only a four year sentence for knowingly leaving him in the care of her boyfriend, who she KNEW was beating her child. Child endangerment. Really? That's the same thing people get charged with for running in the store for five minutes and leaving their kid in the car. Usually, people do that without the expectation that their child will be dead when they get back. But this foolish woman left her precious baby with a man who had already beaten the boy so badly he had to be hospitalized. There was a court order that the man was not to be in the home when Trustin was visiting. Not only was he in the home, but she LEFT him there alone with him. Relatives reported that Trustin was so afraid of his so called mom's boyfriend that he vomited and wet his pants when he saw him. So there is no way that that woman had no clue of what was going on.

I wish there could be a law passed with a mandatory sentence of at least 10-20 years for mothers who date these monsters and put them before their children's lives and safety. In almost every child abuse case I hear about, it always seems to be mother's boyfriend, mother's new husband, mother's booty call, etc. And mother always seem to be right there, doing nothing, or even participating. They do seem to get harsher sentences than four years though. Nixzmary Brown's mother got a longer sentence than the killer stepfather in New York. In New Mexico, Stephanie Lopez claimed to be asleep while her husband and brother beat and raped her 5 month old daughter. She is serving a 27 year sentence, asleep or not, because she knew the child was being abused. In Oregon, Tesslynn O'Cull's mother is serving a life sentence for standing around while her boyfriend tortured her 3 year old daughter, and in my home state of Illinois, Alicia Abraham is serving a life sentence for watching television while her boyfriend hung her 4 year old son upside down in a closet and left him there to die. What's wrong with Ohio? I don't understand this one. Even though the mother wasn't there when the man killed little Trustin, she should have had a pretty good idea it would come to that. If I walk by a lion's cage, toss my kid in, and walk away, isn't it my fault when the lion kills her? I think the same principle applies here. In my opinion, Trustin Blue's mother is just as guilty as the man who killed him. She didn't strike the blows, but she set the situation up and allowed it to happen. Four years for that is just a travesty. This child will never get to experience the life that was rightfully his because of these people. If there was any case that should have sparked a law like that in Ohio, it should have been this one.

I just had to vent. Reading this story has me so upset, I almost wish I'd never heard of it.
All of those involved need to be prosecuted. The mother, the jack@**, the social worker...they all need to be charged.

This poor little baby.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM

22,858 posts, read 16,918,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I had followed this for sometime on FB. I didn't realize the trial was still going on. That story is one of the worst, if that can be possible.

I follow a lot of these crimes, writing letters, signing petitions, etc, what ever I can do to bring awareness to these awful things. I buy up stuffed toys for authorities to give to abused children who are brought in. I buy suitcases for foster children so they don't have to carry their clothes in garbage bags. But, periodically, I have to back away because I become so overwhelmed by the terrible, terrible things that are done to the most defenseless in our society and I fear it is getting worse.....

We recently had another thread similar to this one where I named several "mothers" who knowingly participated in the abuse by standing by or actively abusing themselves and they only received minimal sentences for going against the boyfriend....it sickens me. I dont understand it, why they both can't be charged equally. I also started another thread on here about the case in Canada where the prosecutor stated that we punish crimes against animals harder than we do for children......then there is the thread on the BBC story about child abuse in America....

Sorry, I am on a rant. I had written much more but I have just become so disheartened at the way our children are being treated and the lack of punishment for that treatment. Some get it, others don't.
I could not possibly agree with you more on that. I'm a bit biased as to why but it's still there, my 100% agreement.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:42 PM

12,083 posts, read 34,234,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Maybe you should give the office a call and ask them why!
Maybe you should call your Dr's office and ask why they would assume those activities might be happening in your home.

My Dr's offices for me, the DW, and the kids all know our family, they don't feel the need to ask. NONE of the Dr's offices I have ever been in have asked those questions.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:44 PM

12,083 posts, read 34,234,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
All of those involved need to be prosecuted. The mother, the jack@**, the social worker...they all need to be charged.

This poor little baby.
Agreed 100%. Despicable

Old 11-02-2011, 09:23 PM

6,547 posts, read 7,504,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
There IS a law against parents like these. In my own neck of the woods, Dominic Calhoun's mom just got 25 to life for exactly the same thing, accessory to murder. By pleading to this charge she avoided being tried for murder herself. Murder by omission, in this case. She stood by and did nothing as her creepy-adze boyfriend pounded her 4-year-old to death over the course of 2 days. In an especially nice touch, she made a trip to a doctor's office while the killing was going on and said nothing. Here is Michigam, you cannot set foot in a doctor's office without being asked whether anyone at home is being hit or forced into sexual activity.

The boyfriend is still on trial.

I was visiting the area where the case you are talking about occured shortly after it was reported. When I was there I read the description of what happened in their local paper. I wish I had not done that, for sure it is the worst case of child abuse I have ever heard of. It was more than child abuse, more than murder, it was a case of torture. I could not sleep, or get that hideous story out of my head for days after hearing what happened to that poor little boy. We need a return to the death penalty in Michigan for people like his mother and boyfriend. Im not sure there really is a punishment that truley fits that crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime