Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 10:25 PM

393 posts, read 652,373 times

Advertisements

She will end up like Amy Winehouse and I could care less. Its just a matter of time with her. If this were you or I we would be under the jail but this idiot keeps getting free passes. Her last free pass will be a short ride to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 03:33 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
She will end up like Amy Winehouse and I could care less. Its just a matter of time with her. If this were you or I we would be under the jail but this idiot keeps getting free passes. Her last free pass will be a short ride to hell.
Kind of harsh. The American culture is full of people with the same problem.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:11 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I don't think addicts should be incarcerated. It over burdens our prison population, but addicts who cause harm to others should be in prison. Those who are just using and causing harm to themselves, should be given tons of community service, or put in some sort of work program with intensive substance abuse treatment and counseling for a year.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
I don't get the anger towards celebs like Lohan. "Go to hell"? "Skank"? Yikes.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Urban Dictionary: SKANK

I actually looked up the word, it should have a picture of Lindsay Lohan under it.

Pock marked, poor hygiene, usually white, female low class and trashy looking. Yep, sounds like Lindsay. Sad, but true. She has looked pretty rough.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:11 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't think addicts should be incarcerated. It over burdens our prison population, but addicts who cause harm to others should be in prison. Those who are ,just using and causing harm to themselves should be given tons of community service, or put in some sort of work program with intensive substance abuse treatment and counseling for a year.
How much experience with addicts do you have J12? How would you define "harm" when you say "addicts who cause harm to others"??? Physical or mental?

Sadly, many in my family have struggled with addiction { myself NOT included } and I can tell you one thing, there is no such thing as an addict who is "just using and causing harm to themselves" unless of course they live by themselves, hold a job and supprt their own habbit, and have no family members to speak of. There may be some like this, but very few.

They may be causing physical harm only to themselves, but the psychological and mental effects on those around them are enormous.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Both of my parents were addicts. I have a license in substance abuse counseling (LSAC), and have worked in residential treatment centers, as well as in the state prison system.

That is how much experience I have with addicts.

I define "harm" to others in terms of committing crime while using, such as theft, driving under the influence, harm and neglect to children, and any other criminal act. Those people should go to prison. But Lindsay is just self destructing, she needs treatment, not jail.

Last edited by jasper12; 11-06-2011 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Both of my parents were addicts.
There is the personal experience I was looking for. You can't truly speak about addicts and their effects on others until you have suffered it personaly.

Quote:
That is how much experience I have with addicts.
Did my post come off as snarky? I apologize. It is so hard to capture the tone of the written word.

Quote:
I define "harm" to others in terms of committing crime while using, such as theft, driving under the influence, harm and neglect to children, and any other criminal act. Those people should go to prison. But Lindsay is just self destructing, she needs treatment, not jail.
Personaly I believe addicts should be removed from the very society they can't seem to fit into. Since jail isn't treatment, I agree that rehab would be the best option, forced rehab in my opinion.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:51 PM

The sad thing about Lindsey, is that she still thinks she is all that. She is not unlike Dana Plato, Dana Plato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see Lindsay ending up like Dana if she does not get treatment. Sad.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
The sad thing about Lindsey, is that she still thinks she is all that. She is not unlike Dana Plato, Dana Plato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see Lindsay ending up like Dana if she does not get treatment. Sad.
To be quite honst I couldn't care less. She is a celebrity, big woop. Thousands of regular people out there with the same and worse problems and we dont hear anything about them. { nor do I want to for that matter }
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime