U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2011, 10:25 PM
 
Location: I live between Myrtle Beach SC and Raleigh NC.
393 posts, read 562,773 times
Reputation: 418

Advertisements

She will end up like Amy Winehouse and I could care less. Its just a matter of time with her. If this were you or I we would be under the jail but this idiot keeps getting free passes. Her last free pass will be a short ride to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2011, 03:33 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,898,417 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
She will end up like Amy Winehouse and I could care less. Its just a matter of time with her. If this were you or I we would be under the jail but this idiot keeps getting free passes. Her last free pass will be a short ride to hell.
Kind of harsh. The American culture is full of people with the same problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 08:11 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Reputation: 26118
I don't think addicts should be incarcerated. It over burdens our prison population, but addicts who cause harm to others should be in prison. Those who are just using and causing harm to themselves, should be given tons of community service, or put in some sort of work program with intensive substance abuse treatment and counseling for a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,747,850 times
Reputation: 16599
I don't get the anger towards celebs like Lohan. "Go to hell"? "Skank"? Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 11:08 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Reputation: 26118
Urban Dictionary: SKANK

I actually looked up the word, it should have a picture of Lindsay Lohan under it.

Pock marked, poor hygiene, usually white, female low class and trashy looking. Yep, sounds like Lindsay. Sad, but true. She has looked pretty rough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't think addicts should be incarcerated. It over burdens our prison population, but addicts who cause harm to others should be in prison. Those who are ,just using and causing harm to themselves should be given tons of community service, or put in some sort of work program with intensive substance abuse treatment and counseling for a year.
How much experience with addicts do you have J12? How would you define "harm" when you say "addicts who cause harm to others"??? Physical or mental?

Sadly, many in my family have struggled with addiction { myself NOT included } and I can tell you one thing, there is no such thing as an addict who is "just using and causing harm to themselves" unless of course they live by themselves, hold a job and supprt their own habbit, and have no family members to speak of. There may be some like this, but very few.

They may be causing physical harm only to themselves, but the psychological and mental effects on those around them are enormous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 06:32 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Reputation: 26118
Both of my parents were addicts. I have a license in substance abuse counseling (LSAC), and have worked in residential treatment centers, as well as in the state prison system.

That is how much experience I have with addicts.

I define "harm" to others in terms of committing crime while using, such as theft, driving under the influence, harm and neglect to children, and any other criminal act. Those people should go to prison. But Lindsay is just self destructing, she needs treatment, not jail.

Last edited by jasper12; 11-06-2011 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Reputation: 7242
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Both of my parents were addicts.
There is the personal experience I was looking for. You can't truly speak about addicts and their effects on others until you have suffered it personaly.

Quote:
That is how much experience I have with addicts.
Did my post come off as snarky? I apologize. It is so hard to capture the tone of the written word.

Quote:
I define "harm" to others in terms of committing crime while using, such as theft, driving under the influence, harm and neglect to children, and any other criminal act. Those people should go to prison. But Lindsay is just self destructing, she needs treatment, not jail.
Personaly I believe addicts should be removed from the very society they can't seem to fit into. Since jail isn't treatment, I agree that rehab would be the best option, forced rehab in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 09:51 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Reputation: 26118
The sad thing about Lindsey, is that she still thinks she is all that. She is not unlike Dana Plato, Dana Plato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see Lindsay ending up like Dana if she does not get treatment. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2011, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The sad thing about Lindsey, is that she still thinks she is all that. She is not unlike Dana Plato, Dana Plato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see Lindsay ending up like Dana if she does not get treatment. Sad.
To be quite honst I couldn't care less. She is a celebrity, big woop. Thousands of regular people out there with the same and worse problems and we dont hear anything about them. { nor do I want to for that matter }
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top