Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Oh please. Blame theparents, blame the freindly uncle, blame the world, for god sakes blame somebody but don't blame me!!!

At what age do we begin to take accountability for ourown actions?
When will the hypocrisy between crowing about how children are raised and how adults turn out end?

banjomike has it right. She was never properly educated nor raised. Her mother partied with her, she is surrounded by yes-men and has not lived any sort of normal life from age 13 on.

Garbage in, garbage out. Why would you expect someone raised in such a bubble to have any clue what normal is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 12:30 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Well ... she spent a few hours in jail ... less than five. So ... it back to the morgue for Lindsey ...mopping and cleaning toilets.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:27 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its fashionable in this country to want everybody convicted of a criminal offense to be locked up for long periods of time. .
I think it's more about wanting the celebrities to be treated like everyone else when it comes to committing a crime and doing the time.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Lindsay needs a hard fall.

When it's easier for her to get arrested than hired for a job or invited to a party, she'll wake up.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 PM

I assure you if any average John/Jane Doe stole/shoplifted a $2000 necklace from a jewelry store ... nothing to do at all if we had drug and alcohol problems ... John and Jane Doe would not Pass Go but go to jail and not for just a few hours.

December 2006. Lohan, after difficulties on set and living a hectic party lifestyle, enters rehab.

May 2007. Lindsay doesn’t lie low after rehab – instead, she’s picked up by the cops for driving her Mercedes under the influence; there are also suspicions that there was cocaine in her car, but she was released because of her injuries. She enters rehab, again.

July 2007. She didn’t learn her lesson – She was picked up by cops again, in Santa Monica, California, for – you’ve guessed it, driving under the influence, and, possession of cocaine. This time a car-chase was involved. She enters rehab again. Do we sense a theme here?

August 2007. Lohan gets charged with seven misdemeanours, escaping more serious felony charges. She was given a three-year probation period, which included attending alcohol awareness classes, and had to serve one day in jail, as well as 10 days of community service. She also had to pay fines.

November 2007. In what may possibly be the shortest jail term ever, Lohan serves 84 minutes in prison. Authorities claim it’s because of prison overcrowding.

October 2009. All quiet on the Lohan front for a couple of years… until she’s called up in court to explain why she didn’t attend the aforementioned alcohol education classes. She’s given another year’s probation and is warned that she will have to spend time in jail if she doesn’t inform the court that she won’t be able to attend classes in future.

May 2010. Lohan doesn’t show up at another hearing – because she was at the Cannes Film Festival. She’s ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring bracelet, and to attend another education program.

July 2010. A judge finally decides to send Lohan down, for 90 days, because of her non-attendance at the previous hearing in May. Tough justice – until she’s released after 14 days.

September 2010. Lohan's probation is violated again; she goes to jail for another few minutes, and is released, again, and enters rehab, again.

February 2011. Things get worse. Lindsay Lohan is found guilty of stealing a $2,000 necklace, is sentenced to 120 days, and given – you guessed it – a probation order; she also has to attend shoplifting programs (programs that help you not to shoplift, rather than ones that help you to shoplift).

May 2011. As part of a plea bargain, the actress is placed under house arrest instead of going to prison.

November 2011. She’s sent to prison. Again. She serve a few hours of that. She also has to return to court in December, and attend monthly court appointments to check up on her. Now it's back to cleaning the morgue.

No other facility will take her for community service because as the Womens Shelter stated ... Lindsay Lohan is a bad influence on our women.

I don't know if Lohan goes before the same judge each time but I do know one thing this judge needs to retire and get the heck out of the legal profession.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:54 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
I think it's more about wanting the celebrities to be treated like everyone else when it comes to committing a crime and doing the time.
Larceny from a store is unlikely to land a perpetrator in jail for anything more than a brief period of time unless they keep doing it over and over again. You may believe Lohan got treated much better than you would have. If that's your point, I'm skeptical of it.

Anyone who doubts what I'm saying should go attend sentencing hearings in the justice court which typically hears misdemeanor offenses. Virtually, every case is dealt with by imposing a monetary fine. Probation violations are common and consume much of the judge's time. Many of these offenders escape jail just like Lohan did for a long time by simply promising to do better if they were given another chance.

The jails and prisons are crowded these days. There's even limited court time available to hear many cases because many smaller courts have been consolidated.

My focus is less on everyone receiving the same penalty than it is on specific steps being taken in each case to put together the sanctions that will keep each individual offender from re-offending. The ultimate goal of the system is not punishment its stopping or reducing some types of behavior.

Last edited by markg91359; 11-07-2011 at 08:03 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Larceny from a store is unlikely to land a perpetrator in jail for anything more than a brief period of time unless they keep doing it over and over again. You may believe Lohan got treated much better than you would have. If that's your point, I'm skeptical of it.

Anyone who doubts what I'm saying should go attend sentencing hearings in the justice court which typically hears misdemeanor offenses. Virtually, every case is dealt with by imposing a monetary fine. Probation violations are common and consume much of the judge's time. Many of these offenders escape jail just like Lohan did for a long time by simply promising to do better if they were given another chance.

The jails and prisons are crowded these days. There's even limited court time available to hear many cases because many smaller courts have been consolidated.

My focus is less on everyone receiving the same penalty than it is on specific steps being taken in each case to put together the sanctions that will keep each individual offender from re-offending. The ultimate goal of the system is not punishment its stopping or reducing some types of behavior.
Yes but I believe she was on probation wasn't she? That should have sent her to jail.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:29 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
The truth is that if she was a poor African American girl from Watts, she would still be in county on any of those charges. Anyone who does not realize that has not seen the number of minorities incarcerated.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The truth is that if she was a poor African American girl from Watts, she would still be in county on any of those charges. Anyone who does not realize that has not seen the number of minorities incarcerated.
The majority of us would be in jail and like you said an African American or Hispanic female wouldn't see the light of day for a long time.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The majority of us would be in jail and like you said an African American or Hispanic female wouldn't see the light of day for a long time.
Was a good commentary until someone went and needlessly made it a racial issue.......

I'm out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime