U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:11 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,378,355 times

Advertisements

Are the arrests because she needs help or another publicity stunt?If it's the former then how much longer until she gets herself killed like so many other celebrities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:25 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,317,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Was a good commentary until someone went and needlessly made it a racial issue.......

I'm out.
Sorry ... but it's not racial ... it's the truth. Justice is suppose to be blind but we know it's not.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:40 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,772,636 times
I reviewed this carefully, in regards to bringing up race, but I have seen racism occur very subtle, in the court and penal system. Sadly, I do believe race and socio-economic status are very much a part of our society, it permeates things.

After looking at Linsey's lengthy charges, I think she has been given more than enough chances. She should have at least been given madatory attendance at substance abuse treatment sessions.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:04 PM

58 posts, read 73,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Sorry ... but it's not racial ... it's the truth. Justice is suppose to be blind but we know it's not.
Amen to that!

Also, did everyone forget about her little "message" to the judge that she had written on her middle finger during one of her recent court appearances? Where I live, that would have gotten her SKANKY a$$ a contempt of court charge. At our government center, the bailiff's tell the young boys that come into the building through the metal detectors at the front door, to "pull up those pants, or I'll throw you out of here!"

Of course, I live in the middle of nowhere - Dogpatch, Illinois. Us hicks do things differently than ya'll "educated "folks....and we're so dumb that if we disagree with the "high tone" citified folks, it's not because we have a brain and can think for ourselves, but because we are "playing the race card"!! Well, Shazamm!
WhipperSnapper88 and the rest of the "racially/politically correct", ought to come to the "country" for a spell. See what life, real life, is like. jasper12 and CarolinaWoman are absolutely correct! CarolinaWoman's rundown of Lousy Lohan's criminal record would get a regular person locked up for more than 5 hours around here. There's always room for one more, here in Dogpatch!

I'm not, never have been, and never intend to be, "politically correct". For the time being at least, the USA is still free - THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO OUR SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN, PAST AND PRESENT - and I do, can and will continue to think for myself, and enjoy the privilege of expressing my thoughts and viewpoints. I reached my limit 3 years ago with this "politically correct" horse hockey. People speak from which they know, and there most definately is a double standard for the "outsiders" in this country. If anyone doesn't believe that, you've lived a very sheltered life.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:44 PM

8,266 posts, read 10,724,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I heard she is now going to pose for Playboy.

She looked so skanky, I can't even see why they would wamt her.
It is just the name, anyone who was mainstream then becomes willing to do a nude shoot gets instant attention for the magazine, far more than just another nameless pretty girl. Her appearance doesn't matter much as they'll airbrush her, plus what is the point there are snatch pics of her on the internet already from various wardrobe malfunctions. Or so I've heard.

I still think Casey Anthony will somehow end up in adult entertainment once her infamy can't pay the bills any other way.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:02 PM

17,004 posts, read 20,721,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgreymare View Post
How many days of her latest "30 days in jail" sentence do you think skanky Lindsey will serve this time? I think everyone needs to go to California and commit crimes...hell, they don't lock you up for more than a few hours/days!! WTF??
I am so sick of the "somebodys" getting off with a slap on the wrist, while the rest of us, (who stupidly keep supporting them by buying their movies, records, etc.) get to rot in jail for a lifetime for similar offenses!

Also, I could care less what The Kardashians are doing, or not doing! How did they even get anyone to give a flip what they do in the first place? Who ARE they? ...72 days.......Jeez......
You don't know too much about CA. While some "somebodys" may get special treatment your average citizen doesn't get away with much.

Try driving in CA with no car insurance and see what happens.

If you're caught street racing in CA they take the car and sell it at auction.

One DUI and you lose your license.

CA is tough in many scenarios.

And "somebodys" get away with a lot in other places. Whether it is the son of a cop or the daughter of the mayor, the same thing happens all across the country(especially in the south). You just don't hear about because they're not celebrities, but they're connected and also get a slap on the wrist.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:07 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,806,778 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgreymare View Post
Amen to that!
WhipperSnapper88 and the rest of the "racially/politically correct", ought to come to the "country" for a spell. See what life, real life, is like.
quote]
Your quite amusing to say the least. For your info, I'm not a "politiccly correct city slicker" I was born and raised in the country and still live there.

I know what "real life" is and I would venture to say that at least in my neck of the woods, racism is pretty much non existent. Slavery is OVER, there are no more share croppers, separate but equal is dead, and as far as I'm concerned, the only ones keeping racism alive are the same ones who think the world owes then a debt, so put that in your back woods corn cob pipe and smoke it oldgreymare, and anyone else who has an issue with it can do the same.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:54 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,806,778 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Quote:
Your quite amusing to say the least. For your info, I'm not a "politiccly correct city slicker" I was born and raised in the country and still live there.

I know what "real life" is and I would venture to say that at least in my neck of the woods, racism is pretty much non existent. Slavery is OVER, there are no more share croppers, separate but equal is dead, and as far as I'm concerned, the only ones keeping racism alive are the same ones who think the world owes then a debt, so put that in your back woods corn cob pipe and smoke it oldgreymare, and anyone else who has an issue with it can do the same.
I would also add to this that the only ones keeping it alive are people who want it to stay a presence in our society, and of course those who set out to look for possible racism i.e. "well if she weren't a little rich white girl, or "well if she were black instead of white......blah blah blah......

Old 11-14-2011, 10:04 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,317,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
While some "somebodys" may get special treatment your average citizen doesn't get away with much.
That is exactly what oldgreymare's post indicated. So he does know California and it happens in other parts of the country to those with connections. The only reason we are not aware of others that do go to jail, they are not celebrities or people of importance ... they don't rate media coverage like Lohan, Spears, Naomi Campbell, Mel Gibson and others.

seain dublin, do you live in California? If your criminal record was like that I posted of Lohan would you be in jail now?

Old 11-15-2011, 11:04 PM

904 posts, read 1,637,049 times
And watch, if she dies because of an overdose or something everyone in the media and around the world will say "Wow, what happened? What could have been done to save her?"

It's simple, everyone is letting her kill herself slowly. It's only a matter of time. I don't want to see it happen, but look at Amy Winehouse. Nobody around her is forcing her to get help. The freaking legal system is a complete joke with her. Why would she not do stupid **** if she knew that she would just get away with it anyways...which has been the case ALWAYS. Oh darn, she'll have to spend a few hours in jail then be released. Way to make her pay!

People don't learn from their mistakes if there's no consequences, plain and simple. California has failed her because they refuse to give her any discipline, and that goes for all celebrities who get in trouble.

The general public like everyone in this thread will be able to answer the questions of "What happened? What could have been done to save her?" when all the dumbass talking heads come with those questions after she kills herself during a coke binge or something.

Again, I don't want that to happen, but what makes me think it won't happen considering her lifestyle and the fact nobody does anything to help her change? And by help I mean forcing her for a long period of time to do rehab or jail time or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime