U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 01:13 PM

5,175 posts, read 6,373,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Either way there are currently eight victims who have appeared in court to confront Sandusky. They are not changing their story...
None of the victims have testified in court publicly. They have only appeared before a grand jury. Today would have been the first time they testified publicly in court but the preliminary hearing was waived by Sandusky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 04:25 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,136,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
None of the victims have testified in court publicly. They have only appeared before a grand jury. Today would have been the first time they testified publicly in court but the preliminary hearing was waived by Sandusky.
Yep, and it was a dastardly thing to do to the alleged victims. For weeks now they've had to think about facing Sandusky, and telling the grand jury the gory details of how they were molested.

At the last minute, that creep called things off, and once again, put his victims through hell for nothing.

He's an extremely thoughtless and selfish human being.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:28 PM

12,276 posts, read 11,339,377 times
The reason they waived the prelim is so that the lawyer who represents this whack job could speak in front of the huge media throng and he did so for one hour after they left court. So instead of any open airing of charges and accusations he turned it into a media special on behalf of his client. That is what he is getting paid to do. He knows full well his dirt bag client is guilty as sin itself. he knows it. Was he going to let his client appear in court face his accusers with the chance that he could truly meltdown? Nope. The monster which I said would appears wicks out of another chance to be seen by the world, and instead we get a sideshow. They are working on a plea deal I would bet any money. He knows his client is fragile, sure to break and with that he looks he did not help him as his attorney. Twenty years. Calling it.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,756,753 times
I agree with that, anyone who saw Sandusky on TV during the interview, knew he was guilty as sin. That interview was a major bad move, but typical for an child molester who continues to think he is a great guy, and how much he really "helped" those kids. He is going down. I bet he is begging for a plea...but, I could be wrong, he may go to trial. And smear everyone's testimony, and harp on the time factor...

Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 AM

12,276 posts, read 11,339,377 times
Agreed. I'm waiting for the photo which shows the monster inside. Here is one of Ted Bundy taken in court. Revealing no?

W

28063_f260.jpg
Y

Old 12-14-2011, 03:36 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,467,548 times
Pinetree: This news story makes me so angry! Sandusky is a perverted predator and should live out the rest of his days in prison. However, the coaches, athletic director... who knew about this and did nothing but restrict the predator from their campus are to be blamed as well. This sick individual was caught with a young boy and his bosses were informed and they chose to protect their institution rather than protect the boys that this man had contact with. They did not do the morally right thing. I don't care if they committed a crime - they were wrong!

Many of my postings for other threads address [as many know - smile] my issue regarding accountability, or lack thereof. I think it is worse than outrageous and egregious that the adults! -- the directors and coaches were fully aware of what was going on and did nothing - to me - and it might be posted elsewhere regarding this topic, is equal to aiding / abetting a criminal - and that is not acceptable.

Think of how many additional lives have been affected / suffered / abused & ruined so unnecessarily had someone stepped up to the plate to do something to stop this horrible abuse.

There is, in my opinion, no acceptable excuse, rationale or justification. I think all should be tried on felony charges and I think that there should be a massive class action suit brought on by all victims and their families. I am not a sue crazy person; however, I think that some lawsuits are well worth their salt. And, I am not necessarily suggesting that a class action suit be instituted for specifically monetary damages [although there should be ample monetary awards given for counseling for those kids] but rather as an example of what can and should happen to school faculty when in fact, they choose not to protect their students and in fact, allow violent crimes to continue.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:14 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,945,205 times
As usual, I agree with sugarmaple

This entire ordeal has sickened me so much, I rarely can even check my own thread....just too nauseating...

I feel so much RAGE towards him and those that allowed this to continue...and his denial of guilt/avoidance of responsibility makes me even angrier... may justice be done-outside and inside prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Pinetree: This news story makes me so angry! Sandusky is a perverted predator and should live out the rest of his days in prison. However, the coaches, athletic director... who knew about this and did nothing but restrict the predator from their campus are to be blamed as well. This sick individual was caught with a young boy and his bosses were informed and they chose to protect their institution rather than protect the boys that this man had contact with. They did not do the morally right thing. I don't care if they committed a crime - they were wrong!

Many of my postings for other threads address [as many know - smile] my issue regarding accountability, or lack thereof. I think it is worse than outrageous and egregious that the adults! -- the directors and coaches were fully aware of what was going on and did nothing - to me - and it might be posted elsewhere regarding this topic, is equal to aiding / abetting a criminal - and that is not acceptable.

Think of how many additional lives have been affected / suffered / abused & ruined so unnecessarily had someone stepped up to the plate to do something to stop this horrible abuse.

There is, in my opinion, no acceptable excuse, rationale or justification. I think all should be tried on felony charges and I think that there should be a massive class action suit brought on by all victims and their families. I am not a sue crazy person; however, I think that some lawsuits are well worth their salt. And, I am not necessarily suggesting that a class action suit be instituted for specifically monetary damages [although there should be ample monetary awards given for counseling for those kids] but rather as an example of what can and should happen to school faculty when in fact, they choose not to protect their students and in fact, allow violent crimes to continue.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:58 PM

5,273 posts, read 6,558,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
As usual, I agree with sugarmaple

This entire ordeal has sickened me so much, I rarely can even check my own thread....just too nauseating...

I feel so much RAGE towards him and those that allowed this to continue...and his denial of guilt/avoidance of responsibility makes me even angrier... may justice be done-outside and inside prison.

Greatblue--It is very NAUSEATING! I am sick about it, especially all the people that were privy to the information and didn't do a darn thing about it! Karma is a b-!

Old 12-14-2011, 06:17 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,756,753 times
I won't say what I think about him being out on bail. Most of you know how I feel that the entire legal system is skewed. 50 counts of child molestation, and he is "not a danger" to society?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,467,548 times
Jasper12 - I still cannot kudo you yet and if I could, it would have to be x 3 for each of your comments!

I guess I am not quite clear about how the judicial system defines 'danger' and perhaps their difficulty is as simple as not reading the definition noted in a dictionary. It is simply atrocious re: bail - oh brother! And, the judiciary / law enforcement wonders why people are so angry and say disparaging remarks about these branches --

No doubt, the 'accused' is possibly concerned about a lynching and/or name-calling - and/or perhaps was apprehensive about having to face a victim or two or three....he would probably be safer in a protected area in jail... hopefully, although I would not be the least bit surprised, if, even with all of the conditions of release including inability to leave the state [generally a condition of release], he does not take off to hide who knows where.

In keeping with my previous comments about victims and their families ultimately, filing a class action lawsuit against him AND the other faculty members, the one case that comes to mind for me is the amazing case, and victory, regarding all the victims who filed a class action suit against the VT Roman Catholic Diocese - it was incredible and Jerry O'Neill, attorney, did a spectacular job.

This particular case [although I think pretty much all of the RC cases are similar in that covered up] reminds me a lot of this current case ......

Vermont Roman Catholic diocese, priest abuse victims reach $17.65 million settlement | Burlington Free Press | burlingtonfreepress.com

There comes a time [and we are certainly wayyyyyyyy past due] that offenders are held accountable for their actions; that those persons who clearly know what someone is doing and they do not come forward, must also be held accountable.

I recognize, sadly, that generally, unless taught as a child, to have ethics, values, morals and a some kind of code of responsibility, we can not pop someone in the head as a mechanism to instill those values and ethics, and perhaps even a conscience...so perhaps the one mechanism we still have to implement would be a successful lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or