U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 08:23 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,767,200 times

Advertisements

Wow! Thanks for the timeline. That really makes me sick, they knew this guy was a pervert, for YEARS!!! What is with that?! Yuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 04:46 PM

5,273 posts, read 6,560,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here is also very interesting reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Sandusky
It states: “Sandusky is married and has six adopted children. He also took in foster children.”

Of course there is going to be attention on how our Children and Youth services did their job. There was one case where a natural mom opposed placement of her son with the Sandusky’s. We haven’t heard anything from his own adopted children, their foster children or his wife.

This whole thing is a mess and it will not go away.
Omg. His poor kids. This guy better be put away for life and his sidekick Joe Pa in the same cell... Makes me ill thinking about all the poor innocent victims..

I cannot fathom how the Penn State students can defend Jo Pa. How his wife stands by him makes me nauseous...

Old 11-12-2011, 07:13 PM

25,921 posts, read 39,224,403 times
The people in charge in athletics (football) and academics will all face civil suits and I hope this will sent a signal to others not to act the same...

When you see an adult rape a 10 yr old and his pants is on the floor why didn't the guy who saw it attack the rapist...? That would have saved many other kids from being in the same situation...reporting is one thing but he could have done more just as the head coach...I'm glad he got fired, young students have no clue what the victims go through and their parents ...I mean the ones standing behind the head coach and destroying stuff to keep him....perhaps they need a wake up call and would think differently if they were the victims or were the parents of the kids being raped.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:21 PM

13,694 posts, read 15,660,000 times
This article makes me wanna vomittttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Revealed: How Sandusky's adopted son tried to kill himself months after moving in with Penn State 'paedophile'
Penn State scandal: Jerry Sandusky's son Mark tried to kill himself | Mail Online

Old 11-14-2011, 10:27 PM

288 posts, read 243,394 times
Jerry Sandusky Tells Bob Costas He Is Innocent Of Child Sex Abuse Charges

He sick! He says that he's innocent, but he did shower with boys and touched their leg, but it was nothing sexual now how sick can a person be?

Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times
District Judge Leslie Dutchcot ruled that the 67-year-old could pay nothing unless he failed to attend a court hearing. Prosecutors had asked for Sandusky’s bail to be set at $500,000 and wear a leg monitor. Judge Dutchcot ordered that Sandusky be freed on a $100,000 unsecured bail ... paid nothing and walked.

According to her profile, Judge Dutchcot is a volunteer for Sandusky's group, The Second Mile. Sandusky turned himself in the morning of Nov. 5, a Saturday, at Judge Dutchot's Centre County office. He was released, under the aforementioned terms, shortly thereafter.

It just seems that, given the nature of the charges, the small-town atmosphere, and her relationship to Second Mile, Judge Dutchcot should have recused herself from being involved with this process. Or that could be precisely why she did not.

Judge Who Set Unsecured Bail For Jerry Sandusky Is A Second Mile Volunteer [UPDATE]

Old 11-14-2011, 11:16 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,767,200 times
I was talking to my daughter about that, I taught school for 20 years, Special Education, no less, often took kids swimming, supervised them on travel (Space Camp, ie..), never, ever in that time, did I ever take a shower with a child. If I did have to help a child, it was usally in the company of other children, with other adults around. This guy is a pervert. There is no justification for his behavior.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:50 AM

1,422 posts, read 4,642,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
District Judge Leslie Dutchcot ruled that the 67-year-old could pay nothing unless he failed to attend a court hearing. Prosecutors had asked for Sandusky’s bail to be set at $500,000 and wear a leg monitor. Judge Dutchcot ordered that Sandusky be freed on a $100,000 unsecured bail ... paid nothing and walked.

According to her profile, Judge Dutchcot is a volunteer for Sandusky's group, The Second Mile. Sandusky turned himself in the morning of Nov. 5, a Saturday, at Judge Dutchot's Centre County office. He was released, under the aforementioned terms, shortly thereafter.

It just seems that, given the nature of the charges, the small-town atmosphere, and her relationship to Second Mile, Judge Dutchcot should have recused herself from being involved with this process. Or that could be precisely why she did not.

Judge Who Set Unsecured Bail For Jerry Sandusky Is A Second Mile Volunteer [UPDATE]
This is all so abhorrent! He's not in jail and his bail is unsecured!!!! Are you kidding me????????????????

Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 AM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
This is all so abhorrent! He's not in jail and his bail is unsecured!!!! Are you kidding me????????????????

I couldn't believe it either ... she should have recused herself ... it's like keeping it all in the family. Surely someone higher up on the judicial chain, PA Attorney General, will have her removed.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:08 PM

13,694 posts, read 15,660,000 times
Did you see the aerial picture of his HOUSE and the PROXIMITY TO A SCHOOL AND PLAYGROUND!!??

READ THIS!

Quote:
Former Penn State University football coach Jerry Sandusky is out on bail. He's accused of sexually abusing at least eight kids over a 15-year period. A judge told him to stay away from kids, but Sandusky lives right next to an elementary school. Many parents are worried.

When he was charged with 40 counts of sexually abusing children, Jerry Sandusky was released on $100,000 bail.

One condition, the former Penn State defensive coordinator was told not to go near children. But check out where his house is located. Sandusky has a clear view of the Lemont Elementary School playground from his back porch.
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/articl...mentary-school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or