U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:02 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,467,297 times

Advertisements

Jasper12, how true, how horrible and unacceptable ... I might have been afraid, I must say, if I jumped in to do something of being beaten or killed, but I sure as he** would have called someone - actually, on second thought, I might have at least picked up something that was around and hit the perpetrator with it. Outrageous.

Coincidentally, an old movie true story] was on last night, The Tracy Thurman Story, which involved police officers NOT doing their job regarding a woman in CT - I actually remember the case - and what brought everything to a head was the estranged husband once again, cornered Tracy Thurman, dragged her outside of their home, and in additional to stepping on her head, stabbing her many times AND the police were there and were surrounding the scene as were neighbors, nothing was done, absolutely nothing including attempting to subdue the husband - not taking away the knife, nothing. She was severely injured - she ended up suing the Town of Torrington, police department, I think 29 police officers, individually and in their official capacity and she won against the police department for nothing doing their jobs, at all.

I am not one of those sue-crazy people however, perhaps if there were one or two lawsuits placed on those individuals who did nothing, do nothing AND don't say anything, if that alone would be motivation for others to finally step up to the plate - clearly it would be sad and unfortunate if it were because of financial reasons / or fear of being sued for not doing something but something has to make a strong message to those people who watch and do nothing to help.

I would truly hate to think that we have become such an indifferent and uncaring society. There still have to be at least some people who give a dam**.

Thanks for your post!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:09 PM

15,801 posts, read 15,046,279 times
The man is one sick human being.
U.S. News - Alleged victim says cries for help from Sandusky basement went unheeded

Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 PM

12,276 posts, read 11,337,192 times
Thanks Double H. I am posting here in response to loves to read in the now closed thread.

It would only be fair to say that he should be interviewed by psychiatrists to determine if he is sane. I agree that he keeps the other half his perverse monster on a short leash. However we have to bear in mind that his knowledge of this other side is up for debate. That does not make him innocent in the eyes of the people or the law. Now that he languishes in jail, rightly controlled, his happy go lucky aw shucks mentality on the shelf I would not be surprised if his other more demonic side surfaces. Suicide is a very real possibility. Maybe that is the best way and good riddance IMO.

On the other suggestion that he is somehow part of a system which protected multimillion dollar organization and the cover up and denial e.g. lack of police report was ordained....that is the milk toast that the catholic church has been selling on the front line since it's very inception. Tickets for heaven. And they wonder why people don't believe in god. Their shtick is deception, cunning and betrayal. What would Jesus do?

Jesus? He should arrive with a flamethrower finger on the trigger to this desecration in his name. Bang.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
Please stay on topic of Coach Sandusky. This is not a religious thread. It is "True Crime".

BTW, I have heard about several pervert coaches in the news this week. Sickos. And sad because there are some excellent coaches out there, who are not pedophiles, who will now be viewed with suspicion.

Last edited by jasper12; 12-07-2011 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 12-08-2011, 03:44 AM

4,131 posts, read 4,783,390 times
I always wondered how Sandusky's wife didn't know...when I read the report last night I was sick to my stomach-he is a sicko plain and simple and he is going down...I'm sure he will have another interview claiming his innocence

Old 12-08-2011, 06:31 AM

Sanduskys denial and committing of the crimes is part and parcel of his religious viewpoints where also many people have been convicted of the same crimes. They are absolved or forgiven. It's consistent and relevant to how the crimes are perpetrated condoned and forgiven without consequences. They do these things as they are absolved from any wrongdoing (at least in their minds) by god. True crime means (at least to me) figuring out why they do it. This is a component of that investigation. If that is not consistent with this forum, the topic should be moved where a full examination of why people commit crimes can be discussed imo. It is the very silencing of these connections which led to the coverup for decades. True Crime.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,199,724 times
Sandusky has opened people's eyes to the widespread nature of this crime, and how it's been ignored by many, forgotten by many. Certain organizations have hidden behind laws in place, technicalities, and even the protection of their members. Not this time. For some reason, the public, and the media, has now finally drawn a line in the sand. NOW they're outraged, now it's OK to persecute the criminals and tell the story. Better late than never.

There's now a battle going on in PA.
Monica Yant Kinney: Penn St. fallout may be a boon | McLaughlin & Lauricella Trial Attorneys

This is highly pertinent to the issue, and to the crimes Sandusky is accused of. Laws are for everyone, and not everyone likes that. The very same people that have focused on the leaders of the school in these cases, persecuted the program, the school, should look at this article and figure out why the very same level of outrage and discussion is not applied to all criminals.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:49 AM

880 posts, read 1,756,778 times
Why is there a time limit of 7 years to prosecute ?He rapes a child ten years old 7 years later he is free cannot be charged.The 10 year old should be allowed to press charges when he is an adult.Me personally I wold rather see him on the street this is where a honor killing comes into place

Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 AM

Denial works wonders especially when instututionalized.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 26 days ago)

8,736 posts, read 10,862,655 times
The enablers around him are as sick as he is. How many people must have heard rumors or felt something was seriously off w/ this guy and did nothing? He was a predator and no one stopped him basically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or