Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
He makes my skin crawl..pedophiles can never be rehabilitated. Lol @ his teeth being chicklets..
Hes a piranha.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
makes me think of Hansel and Grettle and the witch...
just feel sorry for those 6 children they adopted...
odds are at least 1 of them was abused as child by Sandusky...not that there will be an confessions
they are too indoctrinated by him and his wife to acknowledge to themselves what happened--much less the world...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ed-towns-water

do you notice similar pattern of denial between Sandusky and Dottie and the guy with a drilling/fracking company--
heck no, we aren't doing anything wrong...according to them...

Old 12-08-2011, 10:01 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I always wondered how Sandusky's wife didn't know...when I read the report last night I was sick to my stomach-he is a sicko plain and simple and he is going down...I'm sure he will have another interview claiming his innocence
Why would she know? This is a crime that is very secretive, note the lack of reporting by any victim for all those years. His job as assistant coach for a very high-profile team, and his founding of an organization for high risk kids (were any girls members of this organization?) would not be unusual or suspicious. Their house might have been large enough that she would not have heard anything from the basement if she was on the other side of the house, say in the den with the TV on, or upstairs, in a bedroom or bathroom far enough away from the basement. It would not be unusual for young boys to always be around, they had adopted children (boys only?) and with his job in sports it would not raise suspicion.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
makes me think of Hansel and Grettle and the witch...
just feel sorry for those 6 children they adopted...
odds are at least 1 of them was abused as child by Sandusky...not that there will be an confessions
they are too indoctrinated by him and his wife to acknowledge to themselves what happened--much less the world...
1 out of every 4 children will be sexually abused, at least one of his kids.

Lets hope they have the courage to come forward and not protect him.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:51 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Why would she know? This is a crime that is very secretive, note the lack of reporting by any victim for all those years. His job as assistant coach for a very high-profile team, and his founding of an organization for high risk kids (were any girls members of this organization?) would not be unusual or suspicious. Their house might have been large enough that she would not have heard anything from the basement if she was on the other side of the house, say in the den with the TV on, or upstairs, in a bedroom or bathroom far enough away from the basement. It would not be unusual for young boys to always be around, they had adopted children (boys only?) and with his job in sports it would not raise suspicion.

Don't you think it would be suspicious if your spouse spent a lot of time with children? Alone? We never was with little girls just little boys...I just would think this would raise a red flag-if my spouse was always with children ( always with one) going places, sharing hotel rooms..I don't know I would think it a little odd-

Haven't you seen Sandusky's house? It's not big by any means..a modest house...it still makes me sick

Old 12-09-2011, 06:14 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Dnvrsoul makes an excellent point. It is not the "norm" for a grown man to shower with a young boy, take a young boy on a trip, exclusively play, buy gifts for young boys. Creepy.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:24 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Apparently his wife may be culpable under PA law. That may be the reason that she is saying "I nevah heard nuthin".

Either way it is starting to appear that the man is going to jail. Hope he has not opted out for a speedy trial.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:50 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Don't you wonder what goes on in the mind of someone who has even an inkling that their spouse is some sick bastar*? Even with strong denial, you wonder how she kept the lid on this for so long. With one incident, maybe the denial thing would work, but knowing your spouse has a propensity for this for probably years, how do you stay blind to it? It isn't the 50's or early 60's anymore. What did she tell herself? We all have denials of some sort, but something this strong, you wonder...the mind and emotions are very tricky.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:55 AM

78,369 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Well, what's important in this whole thing is the Penn State is still playing football.......<sarcasm> /puke.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:20 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Don't you wonder what goes on in the mind of someone who has even an inkling that their spouse is some sick bastar*? Even with strong denial, you wonder how she kept the lid on this for so long. With one incident, maybe the denial thing would work, but knowing your spouse has a propensity for this for probably years, how do you stay blind to it? It isn't the 50's or early 60's anymore. What did she tell herself? We all have denials of some sort, but something this strong, you wonder...the mind and emotions are very tricky.
Like yourself I wonder. I guess it's this way.

Tell the truth and the whole house of cards comes down. e.g. Income, position in community, house, kids, complete humiliation and devastation. No wonder she is covering her tail now and covered his then. A real nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime