Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:58 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,032,537 times

Advertisements

The problem with any settlement is that while it reduces the bank accounts of the guilty parties, it (as you know) does not address the crime. That can only be done in a court of law in our society. Once convicted and imprisoned many of these vampires are killed. That would be true justice - elimination from society. If convicted this man will go to prison. One can assume he may be meted out the same sentence as many others who have gone before him. The men and institutions which condoned his alleged contact are held in shame.

As an R.N. if I don't report this type of issue and I can lose my license and face jail and fines. The same should hold true for these men who did nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 01:09 PM

77,982 posts, read 60,182,177 times
Meanwhile, Penn State is getting ready for their bowl game.

I'm torn by this in punishing the players would be unfair....but you know....life isn't fair.
The school should not be playing in the post season given the extensive spread of the cover-up.

I think that if this were the Penn State badminton team that they would have had their season cancelled. But hey, the university needs the money and the booster support and......hey, isn't this what got them in trouble in the first place? ugh.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:58 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,820,351 times
AADAD, I completely understand what you are saying and yes, of course, civil suits are not always/necessarily the optimal way to go - however, when the judiciary fails, when colleagues do not do the appropriate thing, such as help stop a predator, report a predator and permit it to go on, AND they are not held accountable for those actions, both moral/conscience-wise AND court wise, then, it appears that the one thing that will markedly affect them is monetarily...too bad so much ends up coming down to dollars and cents.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:47 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,272,683 times
I do think a lot of churches changed the way they did business in regards to reporting child sexual abuse after the Catholic church had their lawsuits.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:50 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,071,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Meanwhile, Penn State is getting ready for their bowl game.

I'm torn by this in punishing the players would be unfair....but you know....life isn't fair.
The school should not be playing in the post season given the extensive spread of the cover-up.

I think that if this were the Penn State badminton team that they would have had their season cancelled. But hey, the university needs the money and the booster support and......hey, isn't this what got them in trouble in the first place? ugh.
I disagree. we should not punish the players, the fans, etc. Tho' i think part of the proceeds should go to research etc. at Penn State/ Hershey hospital where so much REAL good could be done. I have to give kudos to their peds. unit

Old 12-16-2011, 02:31 PM

McQueary confirmed in court today that what he witnessed between Sandusky and the 10 year old boy was extremely sexual. He reported that to his superiors who have denied that they were told that.

Judge Rules In Hearing Against PSU Adminstrators; McQueary Testifies - Local News - Lancaster, PA - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45696499/ns/local_news-lancaster_pa/ - broken link)

These monsters all are going to jail. The sooner the better.

Nickel on Sandusky never making it out.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:08 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,820,351 times
In keeping with the above post AADAD, I do not often listen to NPR but did this afternoon - it was interesting, sad, shocking, etc. There was an interview w/a former victim who years ago, advised the school of what happened to him, specifically with a professor. Ultimately, this victim sued and successfully won against the professor; he also went to the police with the charges and that professor was in fact arrested and charged. However, the victim had tape recorded a conversation w/that professor who remembered well the victim, the victim's brother and others - further the professor also had 'tokens' of items that belonged to a couple of those victims. The initial victim brought that tape to the police and to the court [I believe]; however, because of MD law [as was discussed on NPR] BOTH parties must know of a tape recorded conversation and because the professor did not know it was recorded, it was thrown out of Court and the charges were dropped.

Further, that victim stated, on several occasions, that he had contacted the Dean/ Chancellor of the school - nothing was done. Just recently this victim wrote to the school and to date, as not had a response from anyone in the administration.

Dam#$

Old 12-16-2011, 04:39 PM

one party consent states.

Recording Phone Calls and Conversations | Citizen Media Law Project

Old 12-16-2011, 06:13 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,939,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
McQueary confirmed in court today that what he witnessed between Sandusky and the 10 year old boy was extremely sexual. He reported that to his superiors who have denied that they were told that.

Judge Rules In Hearing Against PSU Adminstrators; McQueary Testifies - Local News - Lancaster, PA - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45696499/ns/local_news-lancaster_pa/ - broken link)

These monsters all are going to jail. The sooner the better.

Nickel on Sandusky never making it out.
I sincerely hope he never sees the light of day again.

I don't understand how McQueary could have walked into that locker room and witnessed Sandusky sexually abusing that ten year old little boy and didn't say one thing or try to help the child.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:56 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,566,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I sincerely hope he never sees the light of day again.

I don't understand how McQueary could have walked into that locker room and witnessed Sandusky sexually abusing that ten year old little boy and didn't say one thing or try to help the child.
Because these people value football and their school more than children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime