Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:43 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,950,417 times

Advertisements

Halloween night here in South Carolina a group of children were trick or treating.

A 28-year-old woman told police she went up to some kids she recognized and joked she was going to take their candy.

A 10-year-old boy pulled a 9mm handgun on a woman ... the gun was not loaded but the kid had a clip of ammunition in his trick or treat bag!!!!!!!!!!!! The 10-year-old exclaimed, ""no you're not you bytch," and pointed the gun at her. ABC affiliate WJBF also reports that the boy started cursing as he held the gun.

The boy's brother told police he, too, had a gun. Authorities confiscated both weapons. Apparently, the boys stole them from their grandfather without his knowledge.

The first article that came out said the grandfather gave the boys the gun to protect them while trick or treating.

The whole world is going crazy ... kids with guns or having access to weapons. So much evil in this world right now. In a few years we will see headlines where this kid has killed students at school or robbed and killed someone.

10-year-old pulls 9mm gun on woman after candy theft joke on Halloween - Crimesider - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 12:37 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,307,156 times
Interesting. We have always had guns in our home, my kids would sooner walk on hot coals than touch a gun without their Dad's permission. Taking a gun? Even my son with ADD/and other issues, would have NEVER done that...

They all know how to shoot, and have gone out doing target practice...but are responsible with guns, and know that guns are not toys...I wonder what the difference is...

Old 11-07-2011, 01:12 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,734,847 times
The difference is that they were taught to be responsible with weapons, and this trick-or-treater clearly wasn't.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:08 PM

We have guns, bows, crossbows, swords, knives out the ying yang. Our children are grown and out and about on their own now but they were raised to respect weapons. In addition we have a special walk-in closet with our gun safes ... all weapons secured in safe and closet has a steel door locked.

Now that the children are grown and gone we have the guns out in the house unless grandchild visits and we .... secure the premises. LOL That is what I call it.

My husband use to hunt big time and after a year in Vietnam he gave up killing anything but still collects guns and other weapons.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:09 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,734,847 times
All it takes is a little intelligent caution.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:52 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,878,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Halloween night here in South Carolina a group of children were trick or treating.

A 28-year-old woman told police she went up to some kids she recognized and joked she was going to take their candy.

A 10-year-old boy pulled a 9mm handgun on a woman ... the gun was not loaded but the kid had a clip of ammunition in his trick or treat bag!!!!!!!!!!!! The 10-year-old exclaimed, ""no you're not you bytch," and pointed the gun at her. ABC affiliate WJBF also reports that the boy started cursing as he held the gun.

The boy's brother told police he, too, had a gun. Authorities confiscated both weapons. Apparently, the boys stole them from their grandfather without his knowledge.

The first article that came out said the grandfather gave the boys the gun to protect them while trick or treating.

The whole world is going crazy ... kids with guns or having access to weapons. So much evil in this world right now. In a few years we will see headlines where this kid has killed students at school or robbed and killed someone.

10-year-old pulls 9mm gun on woman after candy theft joke on Halloween - Crimesider - CBS News
Oh lets give thekid a gun to protect themselves instead of gettingour lazy a$$ off the couch and going with them,real smart.

This is the kind of thing anti-gunners thrive on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting. We have always had guns in our home, my kids would sooner walk on hot coals than touch a gun without their Dad's permission. Taking a gun? Even my son with ADD/and other issues, would have NEVER done that...

They all know how to shoot, and have gone out doing target practice...but are responsible with guns, and know that guns are not toys...I wonder what the difference is...
Sounds a lot like the home I was brought up in. I was never allowed to just play around with a gun. I wasn't even allowed to directly point my TOY guns at people.

I'm a responsible gun owner to this day because of the way I was taught to think and act around weaponry.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,504,260 times
Why was this woman threatening to take their candy? Maybe she really frightened them, and with the huge amount of crime out there, why should everything be taken as a joke?

Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,307,156 times
Valid point. But children should be educated to come to parents with problems, not allowed easy access to weapons at that age to solve their own problems.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:40 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,878,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Why was this woman threatening to take their candy? Maybe she really frightened them, and with the huge amount of crime out there, why should everything be taken as a joke?
And I suppose this justifies the actions of the child in your opinion?

Or that of the lazy irresponsible grandparent who gave the child the weapon or at the very least left it within reach?

Old 11-10-2011, 08:50 PM

I have never trick or treated in my life. As a child our school would have a Halloween Carnival that night with cake walks, fortune telling, apple bobbing (not me even as a kid I thought that tub of water and kids sticking their heads in there was gross.) We got candy at the school that the parents provided and went home.

I married a professional trick or treater (when he was a kid.) He would take our children out each Halloween ... I would drag along behind and tell the kids ... ask for Rib eye & T Bone steaks. Of course they didn't they just wanted candy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime