U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:26 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,648,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, Murray shouldn't be held responsible for his own irresponsible behavior?

I say BULL!, get him out of the profession before he hurts anyone else, let him go stand on a corner like any other dealer.

Haha yeah and so should all the other thousands of doctors peddling pain meds while making millions. There will be a lot of out of work doctors and busy street corners that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 03:34 PM

242 posts, read 198,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
WOW they blame Murray for MJ's addiction....unbelievable.

yup exactly.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:43 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,900,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I usually agree with you, but I am still glad he was found guilty. Yes, I think Michael Jackson was a scum bag and I normally think, if you take drugs and kill yourself, regardless of how or where you got them it is your own fault, but this was one time, the doctor knew what he was doing and should be held responsible for the death..

Nita
And i think i agree with you. You uphold to do the right thing for your patient as a Medical Licensed Doctor. If you cannot say no to your patient when it is for their own good, You have no business being a Doctor. I think in this case, it was what was not done, and there was plenty that was not done right.

What was done was adding fuel to the fire, and walking away from the fire!

This was not about Jackson's Character flaws, but a Doctor who was very negligent, in how he treated this patient. Very very irresponsible, and very recklessly. Administer a highly dangerous drug without monitoring the patient, come on now.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 PM

6,315 posts, read 6,679,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
WOW they blame Murray for MJ's addiction....unbelievable.
No, violated proper procedures in dispensing a highly dangerous drug so recklessly and irresponsibly that in causing MJs death that most certainly constitute manslaughter.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 PM

19,385 posts, read 17,495,338 times
I heard that on the radio and tried to get a live reaction on MSNBC, the only news channel ( well, sort of) the kitchen TV can get while we ate dinner. As usual it had Chris Matthews and some left wing pundit talking about the republican candidates. I guess MSNBC has dropped most news coverage for Obama's re election campaign.
I thought Murray would get off. I thought he used poor judgement in dealing with Jackson, the man was obviously a danger to himself and not someone easy to be around. But I don't think his careless actions rose to the level of manslaughter. Jackson had a whole house surrounding him of those who knew he needed help and did nothing for him. Family, employees, business associates, his handlers. They were just as guilty as the doctor, why aren't they facing charges?

Old 11-07-2011, 03:59 PM

124 posts, read 149,845 times
He looked so scared in the eyes.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:01 PM

7,495 posts, read 4,249,454 times
4 gallons of propofol? Pharmacist takes the stand – In Session - CNN.com Blogs
"more than four gallons of propofol"
Holy Cow! Is there any hospital
that has that much on hand?

Old 11-07-2011, 04:11 PM

31,375 posts, read 19,632,006 times
Murray was as guilty as an anesthesiologist would have been if a patient died while an anesthesiologist was performing a heart catheterization in his garage.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:13 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,525,560 times
A drug addict who found a willing doctor, an only too willing doctor.

Seems both got what they deserved. Justice has prevailed.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:24 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,870,939 times
Wow people can be so cold...Jackson was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime talent. Yes- he was also a drug abuser and responsible for his own death. To me that is SAD.
The Dr. allowed lethal doses of medicine to be available to Jackson without proper supervision. He is guilty of manslaughter, and got the proper verdict in my opinion.
The whole thing is needless and sad. Certainly nothing to rejoice about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or