U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:59 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,681,156 times

Advertisements

And what kind of crazy parent leaves her toddler in an unlocked car parked on the side of the street for an hour?

Missing boy's father takes polygraph, results inconclusive | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

Quote:
Two-year-old Sky Metalwala was last seen by his mother who left him in her stalled car on a city street as she walked away for an hour to get gas.

The mother, 30-year-old Julia Biryukova, told investigators she left the boy alone Sunday as she and her 4-year-old daughter walked a mile to a gas station, Bellevue police said. When she came back an hour later, the boy was gone, she said.
Unfortunately, mom's story isn't adding up.

It sounds to me like they should be giving her the polygraph test instead of the father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 09:03 AM

7,106 posts, read 9,339,065 times
Oh, this is Susan Smith/Darlie Routier/name the murdering parent all over again.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:30 AM

Now they're saying that nobody but the mom and the four-year-old sister had seen the little boy in the last two weeks. The little girl is saying that the boy was in the car but I wonder if the investigators can just assume that's the case. Kids have very little concept of time and can also be easily manipulated by an adult.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:31 AM

7,106 posts, read 9,339,065 times
Maybe he was in the car. Wrapped in Hefty bags in trhe trunk.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
Right. I would leave my child, at night, in an unlocked car. NEVER. Does not pass the "sniff" test to me...

Old 11-09-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Right. I would leave my child, at night, in an unlocked car. NEVER. Does not pass the "sniff" test to me...
Another story that I read (I'll have to see if I can find it) said the mother claimed she was on her way to the hospital with the little boy because he wasn't feeling well. So......not only do you leave your baby in an unlocked car by the side of the road for an hour, you leave your sick baby alone in an unlocked car by the side of the road for an hour?

I don't think this is going to end well for that little boy (and I really do try to not jump to conclusions normally).

Edited to add:

Quote:
Biryukova claimed she had been driving to a Bellevue hospital because Sky wasn't feeling well when the car ran out of gas, police said. The hospital wasn't the closest one to her home in nearby Redmond, but she reportedly told detectives she liked the Bellevue hospital better. It wasn't immediately clear what might have been wrong with the boy.

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/n...#ixzz1dEesCwtX

Old 11-10-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
BELLEVUE, Wash. -- The mother of a missing Bellevue boy had not run out of gas on the day the toddler disappeared as she has claimed, police said.

Bellevue Police Maj. Mike Johnson said Julia Biryukova had enough gas in her fuel tank "to travel a considerable distance." Investigators planned to test-drive the vehicle on Thursday to determine whether any mechanical issues would have caused it to stall.

Biryukova had told investigators that her 2-year-old son, Sky Metalwala, vanished Sunday in Bellevue when she left him sleeping alone in her unlocked car for an hour after it ran out of gas. She and her 4-year-old daughter walked to get gas, she claimed, and when they returned an hour later, the boy was gone.

Earlier, Johnson said that Biryukova claimed she was taking the boy to a hospital because he didn't feel well, even though she left her purse, wallet and identification at home. It wasn't clear how she expected to get gas for the car or have her son treated without the items, he said.
Police: Missing Bellevue boy's mother had not run out of gas | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

I wonder why this story hasn't gotten the national attention that the Baby Lisa case has gotten?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:46 PM

2,994 posts, read 6,481,074 times
I read that there was no evidence of a gas can at the scene when the police arrived. So sad and strange.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I read that there was no evidence of a gas can at the scene when the police arrived. So sad and strange.
I guess they're going to test the car today for any mechanical problem that might have caused her to think she ran out of gas (probably checking for fuel filter and/or pump problems) since the car had plenty of gas in it.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:53 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,298,562 times
I hope they find the little boy safe ... he looks just like his dad.

I just have a bad feeling about this one but I hope I am wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or