U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 06:17 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,144,150 times

Advertisements

I didn't know if anyone else is following this. What a horrible, horrible story.

Quote:
KINGSTON, Ont. Accused multiple murderer Mohammad Shafia talked of wanting to kill his eldest daughter Zainab, the Montreal man's murder trial has heard from a male relative of the Shafia family for the second time this week.

"He said, 'I'm not happy . . . and she didn't do a good thing, if I was there I would have killed her,' " Latif Hyderi testified Thursday, recounting a conversation with Shafia.

Sisters Zainab, 19, Sahar, 17 and Geeti Shafia, 13, and Rona Amir Mohammad, 52, were found dead in a Nissan Sentra submerged in a canal in Kingston on June 30, 2009. Rona was Shafia's first wife, whom he married in Afghanistan.

Shafia, 58, his wife Tooba Mohammad Yahya, 41, and their son Hamed, 20, are each charged with four counts of first-degree murder....snip...
Father talked of wanting to kill eldest daughter, uncle tells court
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 AM

7,120 posts, read 9,392,698 times
Man, what offense is enough to get your dad thinking about killing you?

Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM

They wanted more freedom and were becoming too westernized in his eyes (nut job, along with 2nd wife and son). They killed the 3 girls and the 1st wife. Sad. Sad. Sad.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 PM

Default Guilty !

[LEFT]KINGSTON, Ontario A jury on Sunday found an Afghan father, his wife and their son guilty of killing three teenage sisters and a co-wife in what the judge described as "cold-blooded, shameful murders" resulting from a "twisted concept of honor" in a case that shocked and riveted Canadians.
Prosecutors said the defendants allegedly killed the three teenage sisters because they dishonored the family by defying its disciplinarian rules on dress, dating, socializing and using the Internet.
The jury took 15 hours to find Mohammad Shafia, 58; his wife Tooba Yahya, 42; and their son Hamed, 21, each guilty of four counts of first-degree murder. First-degree murder carries an automatic life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years.....snipped.....

Read more: Jury Finds Afghan Family Guilty In 'honor' Killings | Fox News

Some justice has been found, though not enough, in my estimation. This was a horrible crime.[/LEFT]

Old 01-30-2012, 02:17 AM

34,563 posts, read 41,729,137 times
The 3 girls were good looking and into the usual social scenes of todays youth, if this miserable excuse for a man was that concerned about his girls social life why didnt he move the family back to his precious Afghanistan where this barbaric honor system would be more in keeping with the local culture,yes cover your women in a tent (Berka)and stone/whip them if you dont like what they are doing.
How murdering your daughters because they might hang around with guys makes no sense to me and in no way reflects my ideals of honor.
I hope this cretin rots in jail for the rest of his life and i hope the inmates make his life a living hel l..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or