U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 08:10 PM

6,590 posts, read 6,844,443 times

Advertisements

He was too scared to come foward because of threats made by Robert Wagner???My Grandma wouldn't be afraid of Robert Wagner!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 09:28 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,142,123 times
This can get solved by Jonathan Hart.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:30 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,950,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Why didn't the captain say something when this happened ... was he paid off and now repenting just in case his number is about to come up.

I never believed it was an accident when it happened.
If the Captain took a pay off to keep his mouth shut hes guilty of a crime.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:25 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,788,273 times
Sure looks like Robert Wagner is the one, and only focus of the re-open. It looks more and more like publicity for the captian's book.

Either way, the captian is a liar, either he is lying now or 20 years ago.

Spending tons of tax payer money..sending detectives to Hawaii to investigate the boat, now in Hawaii.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:11 PM

922 posts, read 1,028,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishiis49 View Post
he was too scared to come foward because of threats made by robert wagner???my grandma wouldn't be afraid of robert wagner!!

lol!!!

Old 11-21-2011, 02:28 AM

15,185 posts, read 13,475,048 times
I just don't see what they think they can PROVE with this new investigation.

DNA? How could any DNA have survived on a boat that has been refinished and that has been sitting in salt water for 30 years?

So they find RW's DNA.....so what....that won't prove anything.

So Natalie and RW had a fight.....that doesn't prove he pushed her overboard.

So someone heard Natalie calling for help.....others didn't......he said/she said.....still can't PROVE anything.

If they want to nail RW for not calling for help in a timely manner.....wouldn't that mean the boat captain is just as guilty? And.....what can they do about that now? What could they charge them with that would have any consequence now?

The "ear witness" did call for help.....and no one responded.....so, if RW had called for help.....can anyone prove things would have turned out differently? The hardor master wasn't answering the phone. He wouldn't have answered if RW had called either.

The only thing here that can be PROVED.....is that the boat captain LIED to LE. So, what is there to investigate? They now know he lied......that's all that can be proved. They can't prove if he was lying then or if he is lying now.

I just see this as a publicity stunt for certain people to make money off of the 30 year anniversary of Natalie's death. Shame on law enforcement for buying into it and wasting tax payer money.

Last edited by Annie53; 11-21-2011 at 03:50 AM..

Old 11-21-2011, 03:43 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,950,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

The only thing here that can be PROVED.....is that the boat captain LIED to LE. So, what is there to investigate? They now know he lied......that's all that can be proved. They can't prove if he was lying then or if he is lying now.
I agree...
The captains book was published two years ago, he said he told the truth and no one listened. At that point he had waited 28yrs to change his story. Its all he said/she saids that can't be proven.

Theres more than the boat captain involved in the timing of the case at the 30yr mark, hes not the only person who stands to benefit financially by the case reopening.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:57 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,788,273 times
I can see why they had to re-open the case, if they had not, the captian could say, "See, they would not have listened to me anyway, becaise RW is rich and famous".

Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM

4,577 posts, read 7,078,067 times
I don't get it...if you hear someone crying "I'm drowning, help me" then why wouldn't you move your boat over to where the sound is coming from (most likely not too far away). By the time helicopters or any response team would have gotten there, it would have been too late, so why didn't they try to reach her themselves...couldn't they have shouted out...we hear you, help is on the way, or something! How could they have gone back to sleep.

Another thing I don't understand, if a person can't swim (which she couldn't) then I don't see how she could have been in the water, probaby treading water, for that long, especially under the influence of alcohol and with clothes on. She would have sunk pretty fast I would think. Was she hanging on to the side of the dingy?

Old 11-21-2011, 02:45 PM

18,836 posts, read 4,956,920 times
So many unanswered questions. I wonder if the truth will ever come out.
Sounds like some kind of a cover up. Even if RW isn't a suspect something doesn't fit.
Timelines are off, people changing their stories, why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or