U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 01:50 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,128,474 times

Advertisements

The short life and brutal death of Baby Brianna (http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/The_short_life_and_brutal_death_of_Baby_Brianna_07 6886 - broken link)

Is anyone familiar with this story? It is one of the worst I have ever read about. The pictures of this poor baby cannot be borne and now the family has put a cage around her grave so that people cannot leave tributes, etc. The city, I think, or local people paid for her funeral. How can this be among good people that something like this can go on......? It happens all too frequently. But, I have heart that more and more people are becoming aware of the problem of child abuse and trying to take a stand. A lot of people can't deal with horror so they turn away and that allows it to continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 09:38 PM

3,430 posts, read 3,983,444 times
I was not aware of this case, and now that I have read it, I wish I was still unaware of it. I cried after reading this story. Child abuse, both sexual and physical, became mainstream knowledge in the 1980's, and it boggles my mind that it still occurs as terrible as this case. How does it still go on long enough for the child to die? I guess people are afraid to get involved, given the sue-happy attitude in society today. I am thankful that this precious child did not have the capacity to understand what was happening to her by her own parents and family member.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:58 AM

4,907 posts, read 6,128,474 times
I am sorry to shock you, Michigan Transplant, but it happens every day and we all have to do our part to stop this. To me, those people were no more than animals and should have been put to death. But, they were not and now, they have refused to let people honor that poor child in her place of repose. They say the grave site is all grown up and neglected and the family never paid a dime for her interrment (sp). There will be a special place in hell for people like this.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:32 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,062,253 times
I have heard about this story a few years ago. It's one of the stories I have never forgotten, never will, and affected the rest of my life. Up until this one, I had heard and read about child abuse, but never imagined that people, especially parents, could do such unimaginable things to a 5 month old baby. I don't understand why the family has any say about her grave site after they didn't even claim her body or bury her. Last I heard people were petitioning to remove the fence around her grave, but I don't know if it ever happened.

Stories like this make me absolutely furious. Briana was a beautiful baby. So many people would have loved to have her and would have loved her like she deserved to be. I hate the fact that people like this are blessed with children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or