U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 09:35 PM

7,495 posts, read 9,753,950 times

Advertisements

For Stillman twins, darkness reigned for years - The Denver Post

I just had to talk about how horrified I am to learn of this case, right here in my own stomping grounds. I'd never heard of it when it happened, and I wonder why, considering that this seems to be the kind of case that should cause a public outrage.

I stumbled upon this article completely by accident. I'm sickened to know that something like this can happen in modern-day society, especially the way the government and it's authorities are supposed to be keeping an eye on its citizens and how things are done.

There were NUMEROUS red flags that were completely overlooked in this case that might've pointed out that something was not right in the house in which these poor kids were raised. I demand to know who the heck was working at Will's school when he told once of being abused and they did nothing. Schools are supposed to report this stuff, it's the law and I have to wonder why school officials and several people in positions of authority were not penalized over non-action in this case???

In any case, all I want to do is give these two twins a big hug. I hope Kristen's children were sent to good homes and I hope they're all healing from this horrible chapter in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 05:27 PM

I forgot the second part of their story as told by the Denver Post, so here it is.

The Stillman twins: Making a break for their lives - The Denver Post

Old 11-23-2011, 06:06 PM

957 posts, read 1,940,188 times
Such a horror story! I wish them both the best, after all they have endured. I can't believe the DHS wanting to charge Kristen $30,000 for having her children in foster care. They should pay Kristen and Will MILLIONS of $$ for failing to protect them from that monster.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:27 PM

I know, right? My guess is the whole city would be bankrupt if those two were compensated and got what they deserved...unbelievable!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:31 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,698,893 times
Not unlike Nubia Barahona in Miami. Red flags every where...Nubia is dead now, her twin brother almost died.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/pal...,4425511.story

Last edited by jasper12; 11-23-2011 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 11-25-2011, 09:06 PM

957 posts, read 1,940,188 times
That is so horrible. Those poor children.................... How in the world were those people able to adopt special needs children?!?! I don't understand how people can be so cruel.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Not unlike Nubia Barahona in Miami. Red flags every where...Nubia is dead now, her twin brother almost died.
Nubia Barahona case: Documents reveal teachers' concerns before Miami girl's death - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
I just read about that. This is just so horrible. R.I.P., little Nubia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindiana View Post
That is so horrible. Those poor children.................... How in the world were those people able to adopt special needs children?!?! I don't understand how people can be so cruel.
I guess somehow these people make it through the screening process. In some cases I guess it's almost better to leave the kids at home than put them in the system. Awful I tell you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or