Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 11:48 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times

Advertisements

Bush, Blair found guilty of war crimes in Malaysia Tribunal: Complete Text of Judgment
Just like any other war criminal many soldiers and civilians payed the price of their crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 02:20 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Bush, Blair found guilty of war crimes in Malaysia Tribunal: Complete Text of Judgment
Just like any other war criminal many soldiers and civilians payed the price of their crimes.
I question the validity of posting this here, given that this "War Crimes trial" (put in quotes, as it's really a domestic political ploy done by an anti-western leader) has as much legal legitimacy as one put on by your neighborhood school children, and as much objectivess and unbiasness as one conducted by Iran or North Korea.

I beg of you, lets not bring the politics forum crazies here.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I question the validity of posting this here, given that this "War Crimes trial" (put in quotes, as it's really a domestic political ploy done by an anti-western leader) has as much legal legitimacy as one put on by your neighborhood school children, and as much objectivess and unbiasness as one conducted by Iran or North Korea.

Since this is the "True Crimes" forum and this is a story about a 'true crime' where else would it belong??

The world court ,or a branch of the world court which this court is, has jurisdiction has over war crimes and genocide crimes.

Last edited by Grandpa Pipes; 11-25-2011 at 03:54 PM..

Old 11-25-2011, 03:49 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
This amounts to a Grand Jury Indictment which means they could be arrested and put on trial by some country they are visiting. The charge is essentially Waging Aggressive Warfare under the definitions of the Nuremberg Doctrine. Sounds fare to me, under the same Doctrine we are all guilty until they are put on trial

Old 11-25-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
This amounts to a Grand Jury Indictment which means they could be arrested and put on trial by some country they are visiting. The charge is essentially Waging Aggressive Warfare under the definitions of the Nuremberg Doctrine. Sounds fare to me, under the same Doctrine we are all guilty until they are put on trial
LOL. Did you disregard everything I posted? This "tribunal" has no legal legitamacy outside of Malaysia, it is not a recognized global court of law. I am not sure it has any legal legitamacy INSIDE of Malaysia even. This is not any sort of "branch of the world court", where do you guys come up with that nonsense? No one can be arrested or imprisoned as a result of this.

It's a court soley set up and presided by the former leader of Malaysia, a tin pot 3rd world dictator that is doing his best to turn Malaysia into his version of fascist Germany. It's, at best, a mock trial. At worst and probably more descriptive, it's a political propaganda tool. Using this method, amyone could charge and find, for instance, Mother Theresa guilty of war crimes.

It's also "investigating" war crimes against the Palestinian territories and Lebanon. See a trend here? Anti-west, anti-semite.

Again, this is a P&C topic. And I dare say your motive is to debate a political topic in the crimes forum. Take it to the forum a few sections above us. Or, if you really want to pursue this topic then we can discuss Mahathir Mohamad (Malaysian dictator and this trial's founder) and his "Jews Rule The World" anti-semitic diatrabe/speach. It won't get pretty.

Last edited by Dd714; 11-25-2011 at 06:34 PM..

Old 11-25-2011, 06:31 PM

Not sure why I am bumping this up, it's destined to be locked. But I am waiting for the next nutcase tin pot dictator to set up this for a war crimes trial:

Barack Obama accused of crimes against humanity for Osama bin Laden killing - Telegraph

Heck, I am just going to gather some neighbors in my garage and tell CNN I have a "War Crimes Trial" going on....

Old 11-25-2011, 08:22 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
"When policemen break the law, there isn't any law." - Billy Jack

When Policemen Break the Law... - YouTube

Old 11-25-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Not sure why I am bumping this up, it's destined to be locked. But I am waiting for the next nutcase tin pot dictator to set up this for a war crimes trial:

Barack Obama accused of crimes against humanity for Osama bin Laden killing - Telegraph

Heck, I am just going to gather some neighbors in my garage and tell CNN I have a "War Crimes Trial" going on....
You want this topic locked 'cause you disagree that it's possible that Bush IS a war criminal.

Then you try to spin it that Obama is also a war criminal.

One has to wonder just what your agenda here is.....

Old 11-25-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
You want this topic locked 'cause you disagree that it's possible that Bush IS a war criminal.

Then you try to spin it that Obama is also a war criminal.

One has to wonder just what your agenda here is.....
The point of course is Kangaroo courts can determine that anyone is a war criminal. News flash - the mainstream public does not think either Obama or Bush are war criminals. Extremists do. And again, the multitude of "Bush is Hitler" and "Obama is Hitler" threads can be found in the P&C forum.

Again, you are in the wrong forum. I bet their is a thread already in the P&C forum on this.
Edit - haha, there is indeed. This is a duplicate. So see I did you a favor and referenced to a post in the appropriate thread where you can add all your political anger. Get it out of your system. You can thank me later:

War Crmes Tribunal for Bush and Blair in Progress

Old 11-25-2011, 11:35 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Quote:
I agree, it's more suited to the political or great debates forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime