U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-02-2011, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Dublin, CA
3,813 posts, read 3,666,070 times
Reputation: 3967

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Everyone have a donut & chill.
How about everyone STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN to the REAL world. Not some imaginary thoughts they have and what "feels good to them." The criminal justice system is based upon laws. Laws. Not what makes people feel good.

Therefore, what law enforcement, the courts, and corrections (I can guarantee most people here have not clue there are three components of the criminal justice system) do and say is the CORRECT issues. UNDER THE LAW.

If you and all the other internet CLOWNS, want something different. GREAT. Change the laws. But they aren't changed and never will be. Its easy to say such things, when your not involved. When YOU, your family member, etc are, well things are different. Why didn't the police do this? Why didn't they do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-02-2011, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,814,128 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Yes. It is based upon ignorance and, moreover, with this comment: STUPIDITY. You have no clue what you are talking about. You are not a law enforcement professional, trained in my aspects of law enforcement, etc. You are, to be quite honest: a NITWIT.

You sit in your chair. Comfortable and read a few lines of a 3-4 paragraph newspaper report. The report says "X" and you immediately jump on X and agree with it.

You and others here, have no training, no experience, no life experience, no nothing with it comes to police work and the modern criminal justice system. All YOU have is your "feelings." And your "opinion." Your opinion and feelings, in the criminal justice world, are worth what they are printed on: NOTHING.

Its funny. You and others feel as if you have some sort of "right" to make opinions and feelings, based upon what? The fact you watch CSI? COPS? What? You don't go on a board for doctors, electrician's, plumbers, et al and make your "opinions" made known to them? Why? Because you have NO CLUE what you are talking about (unless you are one of them).

Yet, you feel totally justified and happy, sitting in your chair, with a few cocktails, and make statements about something you KNOW NOTHING about. Your a kid. I have been doing this job for 23 years and, again, YOU nor anyone else have any clue what you are talking about and what is going here. You weren't there and DO NOT know the full facts of what occurred.

But hell, COPS and CSI told you all you need to know...
How would you know what experience I have or do not have in the field of criminal justice? It seems that YOUR opinion here is based upon ignorant assumptions. { something tells me you are one of those cops I was talking about. Bet you have more than a few ethics complaints in your jacket. } How dare you sit in your comfortable chair and pretend to know anything about me or who I am.

FYI, I don't watch CSI or COPS.....Yet another IGNORANT assumption. { I know how to use caps lock too } and I find that anyone who bases their opinion off of what they watch in those shows are laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
How about everyone STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN to the REAL world. Not some imaginary thoughts they have and what "feels good to them." The criminal justice system is based upon laws.
Laws. Not what makes people feel good.

Therefore, what law enforcement, the courts, and corrections (I can guarantee most people here have not clue there are three components of the criminal justice system) do and say is the CORRECT issues. UNDER THE LAW.

If you and all the other internet CLOWNS, want something different. GREAT. Change the laws. But they aren't changed and never will be. Its easy to say such things, when your not involved. When YOU, your family member, etc are, well things are different. Why didn't the police do this? Why didn't they do that?
Why dont you just say what you really mean Phil, which is "you THINK you aere smarter than everyone else" ???

In my experience, those who openly hold themselves to be of a higher intelligence standard than evryone else tend to be of the the most ignorant.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 12-02-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2011, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,514,586 times
Reputation: 8779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Yet, you feel totally justified and happy, sitting in your chair, with a few cocktails, and make statements about something you KNOW NOTHING about. Your a kid. I have been doing this job for 23 years and, again, YOU nor anyone else have any clue what you are talking about and what is going here. You weren't there and DO NOT know the full facts of what occurred.

But hell, COPS and CSI told you all you need to know...
Ok, tell us something that we don't know. Something we do not see on tv or read about.

The fact remains that when a society hands over the ability to use force against its citizens to police, it does not come free of responsibility.

Maybe a deaf person should not be out driving in traffic, and the cop had no way of knowing that the fellow had a pre existing condition. On the other hand, perhaps there was no emergency situation in which the cop HAD to use the taser. Maybe it was just the easiest route for him to take, not the wisest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,814,128 times
Reputation: 7242
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Ok, tell us something that we don't know. Something we do not see on tv or read about.
Yweah no kidding. You don't have to be a trained police veteran to know that some of these cops are out of hand with their trasers......you just need to watch the videos. I seen one where a cop tased a lady who was sitting in her car!!!! Yes she was being disagreeable, but that doesn't constitute an electrical shock. It's all a big "you better do what I say, or I'm gonna taze your ***...." game to SOME of these cops.

Quote:
.
On the other hand, perhaps there was no emergency situation in which the cop HAD to use the taser
.

This is what I'm talking about. There is no denying the tazer is a valuable tool to most officers, but as with everything, some are going to abuse their authority with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 04:27 AM
 
Location: Virginia-Shenandoah Valley
6,601 posts, read 10,926,324 times
Reputation: 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What ever happened to the three foot lead weighted trudgeon? If a person has a knife - let a skilled cop break his arm with one blow...problem is that most of our cops are really not street wise nor are they proper tough guys that have the smarts to street fight - This leads to little weasils or fat pigs using deadly force because without their gun - or tazer - the cops can not take care of him or herself in a fight....Cops are getting more and more useless and of lower and lower quality - with this lowering in natural ability the public is put in peril.
As a retired LEO (30 years) I was going to jump into this debate and offer an opinion. But after reading a few moronic and stupid posts like this I think I'll just stay out. Can't discuss/argue with nitwits like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 44,664,465 times
Reputation: 58626
Perhaps the wiser thing would be to issue a special decal for helmets for those people who are hearing impaired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,814,128 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Perhaps the wiser thing would be to issue a special decal for helmets for those people who are hearing impaired.
I agree but this would come with it's own problems, mainly on the emotional effects of the handicapped themselves. Some people who have handicaps have somewhat of a complex about it and wouldn't want a sign literaly on their forehead that said "hey, I'm deaf".

Now if having the decal would be optional and voluntary, I think it would be a great Idea! Just shouldn't be mandatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 12:56 PM
 
Location: So. of Rosarito, Baja, Mexico
6,662 posts, read 18,721,344 times
Reputation: 6116
Wearing a helmet or other such object would be a stigma of sorts...maybe a tattoo on the forehead.

We are just getting too far out of line in many ways.

I have a Handicap card for my car yet most of the time the spaces are already filled and I just have to walk the parking lot and NO... I'm not complaining as the exercise is good for me. Having the card is an asset in a way but am still only able to use it 30% of the time for what it's worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2011, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Planet Eaarth
8,955 posts, read 17,741,639 times
Reputation: 7193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
As a retired LEO (30 years) I was going to jump into this debate and offer an opinion. But after reading a few moronic and stupid posts like this I think I'll just stay out. Can't discuss/argue with nitwits like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 07:51 PM
 
288 posts, read 243,514 times
Reputation: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Wearing a helmet or other such object would be a stigma of sorts...maybe a tattoo on the forehead.

We are just getting too far out of line in many ways.

I have a Handicap card for my car yet most of the time the spaces are already filled and I just have to walk the parking lot and NO... I'm not complaining as the exercise is good for me. Having the card is an asset in a way but am still only able to use it 30% of the time for what it's worth.

Think it would be good to have a special license plate for hearing impairment..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top