U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:50 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,495,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sometimes, I think the punishment should fit the crime. I don't want this woman to have "community service". Even jail is too easy for her. I almost view this as a terrorist act, she committed a serious crime, that affected many innocent people, and children. Just so she could get a big screen tv first? That is completely amoral, and sociopathic. I really think she should serve her sentence, and be sprayed in the face with pepper spray on a weekly basis. Too bad no one else is amoral enough to want to punish someone like that.

But, I must admit, retailers need to take some social responsibility for these crazy acts of violence, having reduced discounts on high ticket items, for those who get there first, is part of the problem.
You know, years back I remember Sears advertising a major appliance for a ridiculously low price in the paper, and whenever you went to the store to enquire about the item,it had been already sold. Later on in life, my marketing teacher mentioned that they only had one of those items on sale, just so they could advertise it.

So, yes, business practices do feed the ruthless competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Detectives have reviewed videos that indicate the 32-year-old woman may have feared for her life. "There was a stampede at Walmart from people getting Xbox games for half off," he said. "There was no control. People were getting stampeded and trampled. There were people screaming, yelling that they were being trampled or crushed. This woman may have fired her pepper spray in self-defense."

Walmart pepper-spraying may have been self-defense, police say - San Jose Mercury News
It seems to me that someone is laying the situation out for a court hearing.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:58 PM

828 posts, read 1,450,236 times
IF people act this way for a toy,WHAT will they be like when food and bottled water and other supplies runs low or out?

Old 12-09-2011, 06:24 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
Ha ha. I have always felt that some cities are three days away from complete anarchy...just look at the disaster in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Complete break down of society.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:56 PM

17,004 posts, read 20,705,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If she's not charged with a crime, it'll be the police or DA who don't hold her responsible.

The image I had was of the woman spraying other customers so that only she could get to the merchandise. The video apparently shows a different story. If she was being trampled or people were grabbing what she had, her reaction might not be criminal.
Yet she managed to stick around and pay for that merchandise and then leave, if you feel you're unsafe in a situation you leave the area right away.

And all of the 20 people or so that were injured by her were grabbing for what she had?

She is full of beans.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:26 AM

Well, as we heard she has a lawyer.
I don't know - people have replayed the security tape and she said she was ready to get trampled and was only defending herself. I don't know how elucidating the tape images are.

There is another rumor that she may sue Walmart.

Who knows where the truth lies? I would feel horrible to say such bad things about her if she were only defending herself.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Well, as we heard she has a lawyer.
I don't know - people have replayed the security tape and she said she was ready to get trampled and was only defending herself. I don't know how elucidating the tape images are.

There is another rumor that she may sue Walmart.

Who knows where the truth lies? I would feel horrible to say such bad things about her if she were only defending herself.
Sorry, if you're that afraid and feel you're in danger you drop the merchandise and leave the store.

She didn't do that, she pepper sprayed people and then went to the cashier, she also didn't tell any store employees what was going on.

If you're that afraid you get yourself out of the situation as quickly as possible.

She didn't do that.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Sorry, if you're that afraid and feel you're in danger you drop the merchandise and leave the store.

She didn't do that, she pepper sprayed people and then went to the cashier, she also didn't tell any store employees what was going on.

If you're that afraid you get yourself out of the situation as quickly as possible.

She didn't do that.
Maybe she couldn't move. People are trampled to death in these things. Is the video on utube yet? Can we see the tape?

Old 12-21-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Maybe she couldn't move. People are trampled to death in these things. Is the video on utube yet? Can we see the tape?

After pepper spraying people and getting the item she wanted, she waited in line like any other customer, paid the cashier, never mentioned anything about being in fear to any store employee, and left the store with her merchandise.

Someone who is worried about their safety would have removed themself from the situation as quickly as possible.

The first chance they got they would have said the heck with this and gotten out of the store.

Not stand in a line and hand money to a cashier. And then not even say something to the cashier like "you better let a manager know this getting out of control in here"...because she was one of the problem people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime