U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:58 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,928,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, the states too chicken-$hit to have a death penalty instead put people like Dahmer into the general population.

Just ironic in that people can get pretty holier-than-thou about their state not having a DP but then making it so the inmate dies violoently.

If you've never read the details of Dahmers prison murder....it's pretty horrific....not saying he didn't deserve it.
I'm certain what anyone of his victims went thru would horrify us all.

Nightmare on Elm street. I watched some that trial, he brutely killed so many people he needed his notebook references
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 09:08 AM

52,081 posts, read 41,881,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
His cellmate killed him and his body was mutilated. What is so bad this is a Maximum Security Prison that is overcrowded with even 3 inmates to a cell. In addition he was missing for some length of time before they found his body ... that I don't understand.

His cellmate is serving a life sentence so he really has nothing to lose.

Molester strangled, mutilated in prison - Crime & Courts - TheState.com (http://www.thestate.com/2011/11/30/2063435/molester-strangled-mutilated-in.html - broken link)
^^^Especially in a state that doesn't have a death penalty.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:21 AM

52,081 posts, read 41,881,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'm certain what anyone of his victims went thru would horrify us all.

Nightmare on Elm street. I watched some that trial, he brutely killed so many people he needed his notebook references
The guy that killed Dahmer killed another guy at the same time who was in prison for killing his wife and trying to frame 2 black guys for it....and most of Dahmers victims were ethnic. Those guys were a major blight on Milwaukee race relations.

The killer was a convicted murder with mental issues and life in prison.

Just really really interesting that 2 guys were beaten so badly with just a broom handle that they died....guards didn't check on them for 20minutes...and of course the perpetrator is psychologically unreliable so even if he did say he was put up to it or left alone intentionally with them no one could reasonably believe him.

My personal opinion is that they wanted Dahmer and the other guy dead so they wouldn't be this recurring blight on the news like John Gacy was in Illinois during his forever stay on death row. I think it wasn't explicitly ordered but rather more like putting a badger in a room with 2 chickens and just letting nature take it's course.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:38 AM

21,093 posts, read 23,946,764 times
Hopefully a FULL, COMPLETE, and THOROUGH investigatiion into this death will NOT be forthcoming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
a Smiley face hugh... Yah Dahmer was a total monster..but this type of execution is more than barbaric..To take the naked man by the hair and repeatedly smash his scull into the concrete untill the brains are leaking out of his ears...is not justified in a civlized society - BUT - I guess that barbarism is not well established when rich jerks like Dick Cheney state that torture is ecceptable...The high moral ground must be held in a so-called Christian society...but seeing there is none of that left according to Obama - who is some sort of weird secularist Muslim Christian.. what do we expect? Killing is simply bad..IF a person is a danger to society - lock them up - put them to work...No one has the right to give life through birth and death through natural cause..other than God - as long as we sit in our arm chairs and imagine that we are God and we can murder in his name or with out - the more we look like zealots..the more we should fear the terrorist within - the more warey we should be about our selves.
And what PC adjectives do we use to describe Ricky Cooper's crime of child molestation? Over zealous tickiling?

Old 12-02-2011, 10:52 AM

6,467 posts, read 11,567,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The high moral ground must be held in a so-called Christian society...but seeing there is none of that left according to Obama - who is some sort of weird secularist Muslim Christian.. what do we expect?
Putting specific prisoners in with general populations in order to have then executed has been happening a lot longer then Obama has even been alive.

To try to blame this on him, because you don't know his exact religion, is a red herring at best, and irresponsible at worse.

Go take a look at cases in the South from the 1800's where African American Men were accused of raping White Women. A large portion of them ended up in general prison populations with whites and never made it out.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 PM

17,446 posts, read 23,986,020 times
Quote:
Michael Jackson... a serial killer? You believe this?
Some of Jackson's employees alleged that he may have been. I do not have the proof.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:30 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,314,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^Especially in a state that doesn't have a death penalty.

South Carolina does have the death penalty ... we had one exeuction this past May.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 AM

9,917 posts, read 9,314,928 times
This is really getting weird ... the prison officials went to check on Cooper after receiving an anonymous telephone call about a stabbing ... who in the world called this in to the prison. I would think they could trace the call. In addition he was "missing for some length of time before they found him."

With the overcrowding 2 & 3 to a cell I bet none of the inmates in that prison get any sleep ... no guards making rounds ... afraid to close their eyes at night.

Prisoner’s death gory, report says - Crime & Courts - TheState.com (http://www.thestate.com/2011/12/03/2067042/prisoners-death-gory-report-says.html#disqus_thread - broken link)

Old 12-04-2011, 02:43 PM

17,446 posts, read 23,986,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
My problem with the idea of a child molester or anyone else being killed in prison is two-fold:

1. It wasn't the sentence of the court. If we are going to have a sentence of "being beaten to death in prison" that should be part of the criminal code and voted on by a majority of our legislators. This is no more a part of our code than the lynch mobs of the Wild West were.
That leaves the state and thus the taxpayers on the hook for any expenses and liabilities. Merely "looking the other way" saves money.

I would favor the option of courts ordering that prisoners not be allowed to have protective custody and be forced to be in the general population for the duration of their sentences. Especially for child molestors who prey upon prepubescent kids and for violent rapists.

Quote:
It shows the authorities are not in control of the prison. The prison staff should run the prison, not the inmates.
The prison staff are outnumbered and generally favor letting the inmates "run things" as it means less work on their part. Perhaps if the number of inmates in prison was drastically reduced they could be in more control (by letting out nonviolent drug offenders, prostitutes, etc.)

Quote:
I have no sympathy for child molesters. I do believe criminal penalties should be well known and there should be nothing secret about them. I would think you would get a maximum deterrent effect on those who are contemplating committing a crime that way.
Harsh prison sentences do not deter criminals. A greater likelihood of apprehension, regardless of the sentence, has proven time and time again to be the best deterrent to crime. This has been demonstrated to be true ever since Peel's day in Victorian England, when sentences were made shorter and the number of police drastically increased and as a result crime fell rapidly.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:19 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,362,690 times
Quote:
Jeffrey Dahmer had the same ill fated shower accident....what a shame.
That was no accident. Dahmer was quote several times as saying he hoped someone would kill him in prison and once he got there, said everything he could think of to provoke someone into it. Christopher Scarver finally took him up on it. For a little more on that read Serial Killer's Soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or