Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:35 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,603 times

Advertisements

In keeping with this topic, this morning I watched a re-run of the Dr. Phil Show in regard to Chester Stiles - [2007 - fugitive capture] for sexual assault[s] and one of the most egregious assaults, on a 3 yr old and video taping the assault.

Dr. Phil.com - Shows - Sexual Predators?

One of the many issues presented on this show -- what could be warning signs that the neighbor next door, or the boyfriend, stepfather, coach, etc. could be a sexual predator were staggering. Certainly I was aware of some of those signs, but clearly, not all. Incredibly scary and ones that everyone, especially parents, should be aware of - further, these are signs that colleagues should certainly know.

In the beginning of the year, a friend of mine's husband was charged with two counts of L&L w/his stepdaughter [a minor]. It was shocking, disturbing and certainly devastating to my friend. She has always had a close relationship with her kids; they have also known they can go to her for anything and can talk to her about anything. Her daughter did not; her daughter told one of her school friends [we are talking elementary school] who told, her mom who told the teacher who called the authorities. After a short investigation, as in an or hour so, he was formally charged and led out of the house. He is out on bail w/conditions of release.

This happened in my town; everyone clearly was shocked. There are, basically, two divisions - he did it, he did not do it. It has been incredibly difficult for all of us to believe ths happened, by him as we all know him. I have vascillated back and forth.

What was astonishing to me was listening to the "criteria" [for a lack of better terminology] this morning and I must admit, everyone of the criteria described, fits this guy.

So, predators are in our neighborhoods; they can be the friendly neighbor who is always there to help pitch in when needed, they can be that coach who is helping that troubled and/or confused kid....

I hate to see anyone falsely and unjustifiably accused of any crime - no matter what, at least depending upon the crime, there is always the scarlet letter that accompanies them wherever they go, yet, to not question someone's actions that "do not feel right" and/or are not addressed when another person has knowledge that assaults are ongoing is unacceptable, egregious and irresponsible, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 09:36 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
DJacques? Are you kidding me? It is unnacceptable no matter how you cut it! The guy has admitted to having sexual attraction to boys!~ Disgusting!
I am not aware that he has admitted this. Citation?

Old 12-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
But there have been some reports about what Sandusky did that I think are undeniably sexual abuse....
There are a lot of "gray area" cases, but I don't think this is one of them.
Oh, the allegations, if true, are obviously abuse. Nobody disagrees. But the showering does not, by itself, prove the allegations are true. I think we agree on that.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:21 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I am not aware that he has admitted this. Citation?
So if he doesn't admit to the accusations it never happened...right.

Quote:
Oh, the allegations, if true, are obviously abuse. Nobody disagrees. But the showering does not, by itself, prove the allegations are true. I think we agree on that.
I see you're back to defending worthless pedophiles.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Well, that is correct. The act of taking a shower with a child does not equal child molestation. However, in Sandusky's case, there are allegations of other activities, ie..child who stated he was molested at Sandusky's home.

It seems that 9 mile, his "charity" for children, also terminated his activities with children because of "problems".

So, now, we have allegations from several sources, in various activities. If nothing else, all of these issues merit investigation.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
So if he doesn't admit to the accusations it never happened.
You are not contributing to the thread, only trolling.

Quote:
I see you're back to defending worthless pedophiles.
If that's what you wish to call it, knock yourself out. You won't waste any more of my time, however.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:26 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
You are not contributing to the thread, only trolling

I haven't admitted to the accusation...citation...

Old 12-21-2011, 08:08 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Back to discussing the pervert, oh, uh, Sandusky...

(Jasper12 is being a good mod).

Old 12-22-2011, 11:42 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
It depends on the intent of the showering. A coach could be "checking out" his or her students while in the showers, which would be inappropriate. It's hard to say whether any particular activity is or is not sexual because it depends on how it's done and the cultural context. In some cultures, nudity itself is sexual, whereas in others, it's not. A glance or a light touch on the shoulder isn't always sexual but it can be sexual. Again, it's hard to draw the line firmly in the sand. It's one of those things where you have to be there to know if a line was crossed.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:51 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
It depends on the intent of the showering. A coach could be "checking out" his or her students while in the showers, which would be inappropriate. It's hard to say whether any particular activity is or is not sexual because it depends on how it's done and the cultural context. In some cultures, nudity itself is sexual, whereas in others, it's not. A glance or a light touch on the shoulder isn't always sexual but it can be sexual. Again, it's hard to draw the line firmly in the sand. It's one of those things where you have to be there to know if a line was crossed.
"It depends on the intent of the showering." No, this has nothing to do with intent of showering. This wasn't about "showering." This was about an indecent assault. Why do people on this thread keep talking about showering? An indecent assault allegedly was commited in a shower. The crime is not showering despite the idea that some people on this discussion seem to think showering in a public facility is a crime. Read the grand jury report and get the facts straight. http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6270
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime