U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-11-2013, 01:00 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
Reputation: 8053

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
All of the evidence points to Amanda's innocence.

The way this trial was conducted reminds me of the Salem witch trials...... pathetic.

If I was Amanda, I would not go back to Italy unless I was forced to.

And I hope she makes tons of money from her book.....she has more than earned it after what she was put through.
Defending her in Italy her family lost everything financially. I wouldn't go back either. They would have to put me in a straight jacket screaming and shouting. Jails/prisons in other countries are not as accommodating as the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2013, 02:26 PM
JL
 
7,351 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Reputation: 7198
she looks average to me...not sure why the media keeps saying that she is beautiful...at least this book deal should pay for her legal expenses or repaying her parents for their time and $
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,164 posts, read 13,429,410 times
Reputation: 20595
I would like to point something else out.

In the United States, Amanda and her boyfriend would not have even been put on trial.

There was zero evidence against them and 100% evidence against that man who is now sitting in prison....as he should be.

And....that raving lunatic of a prosecutor would be disbarred in the United States too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 01:40 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,543,632 times
Reputation: 18436
Default I'm not interested in her book

If it is discovered that she was responsible for the death, after initially lying, I hope she is sent back, and if convicted, spends the rest of her life in jail. This spoiled brat was over there misbehaving and someone's daughter died. What a little conniving liar, given the utmost consideration in this country simply because of her race.

If she looked like Whoopi Goldberg, the American media wouldn't even notice her "predicament." Race is so important in this country regarding who gets the utmost consideration and who doesn't, who is assumed to be innocent until proven guilty, and who is assumed guilty until proven innocent.

OJ Simpson was assumed to be guilty. Knox assumed to be innocent. Pretty pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 03:39 PM
 
6,791 posts, read 7,110,972 times
Reputation: 6970
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
If it is discovered that she was responsible for the death, after initially lying, I hope she is sent back, and if convicted, spends the rest of her life in jail. This spoiled brat was over there misbehaving and someone's daughter died. What a little conniving liar, given the utmost consideration in this country simply because of her race.

If she looked like Whoopi Goldberg, the American media wouldn't even notice her "predicament." Race is so important in this country regarding who gets the utmost consideration and who doesn't, who is assumed to be innocent until proven guilty, and who is assumed guilty until proven innocent.

OJ Simpson was assumed to be guilty. Knox assumed to be innocent. Pretty pathetic.
She's being given the consideration because of the lack of evidence, Jodi Arius is a pretty white girl, yet NO ONE is giving her any consideration, most want her head on a platter. Evidence is what matters. Meredith Kerchner's killer, Rudy Guede, the one whose DNA was all over the place is already in jail for her murder, he's the one who killed her. There is no evidence that Amanda and Raphael were involved, they were convicted because the prosecutor has some weird obsession with American women supposedly being whores who easily kill if someone won't join in their crazy sex games. As an American woman I find that absurd. There is also no indication she is a spoiled brat, she worked a number of jobs to fund her trip to Italy, it wasn't handed to her on a platter. Her family was middle class, not wealthy.

Amanda has been convicted and served time for her lies, only given under INTENSE police pressure. That was wrong, but quite understandable given the circumstances of being a very young woman in a foreign country being threatened with arrest for murder, especially since she immediately retracted those lies after a break in interrogation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,479,274 times
Reputation: 8777
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
If it is discovered that she was responsible for the death, after initially lying, I hope she is sent back, and if convicted, spends the rest of her life in jail. This spoiled brat was over there misbehaving and someone's daughter died. What a little conniving liar, given the utmost consideration in this country simply because of her race.

If she looked like Whoopi Goldberg, the American media wouldn't even notice her "predicament." Race is so important in this country regarding who gets the utmost consideration and who doesn't, who is assumed to be innocent until proven guilty, and who is assumed guilty until proven innocent.

OJ Simpson was assumed to be guilty. Knox assumed to be innocent. Pretty pathetic.
I think the issue is race, but more significant is money and contacts. If you have money and/or contacts you can get the ear of the right people, which can act as a filter over what the public hears.

This girl did not behave herself in an exemplary or careful way while being in a foreign country. A strange thing is, we are to believe that her behavior shifted dramatically the moment she crossed the ocean because all her friends in the US got a lot of media coverage in their claims that she was a little angel.

OJ, the first hearing, was decided upon by jury nullification. He had enough money to hire a lawyer who got a change in venue in which the people were already suspicious of cops lying - and then the cops lied again, right on the stand. I understand their dismay.

I believe in our right for juries to do this, but that does not say he didn't commit the crime. He's a hot head. If he were a person who lets his logical mind, rather than his emotions, guide his behavior he would never have gone after those guys to get his possessions back. Actually, even before that, he may have been more careful of the 'friends' that he associated with. Why did he think he could take the law into his own hands and get away with it? Maybe too many drugs screw with your reasoning ability.

I don't think most kids who were caught in Knox's situation would have had such a favorable outcome, black or white. There is certainly something very 'special' about her case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 03:49 PM
 
6,791 posts, read 7,110,972 times
Reputation: 6970
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think the issue is race, but more significant is money and contacts. If you have money and/or contacts you can get the ear of the right people, which can act as a filter over what the public hears.

This girl did not behave herself in an exemplary or careful way while being in a foreign country. A strange thing is, we are to believe that her behavior shifted dramatically the moment she crossed the ocean because all her friends in the US got a lot of media coverage in their claims that she was a little angel.

OJ, the first hearing, was decided upon by jury nullification. He had enough money to hire a lawyer who got a change in venue in which the people were already suspicious of cops lying - and then the cops lied again, right on the stand. I understand their dismay.

I believe in our right for juries to do this, but that does not say he didn't commit the crime. He's a hot head. If he were a person who lets his logical mind, rather than his emotions, guide his behavior he would never have gone after those guys to get his possessions back. Actually, even before that, he may have been more careful of the 'friends' that he associated with. Why did he think he could take the law into his own hands and get away with it? Maybe too many drugs screw with your reasoning ability.

I don't think most kids who were caught in Knox's situation would have had such a favorable outcome, black or white. There is certainly something very 'special' about her case.
All the expat students over there were partying, that was part of the culture, she didn't do anything unusual, certainly nothing to deserve being an assumed sex crazed murdereress. Her family was middle class, they got the US media on their side due to lack of evidence, they had enough money that they could spend time over there, other than that, it is not particularly special, any American/European could have done the same.

I don't give a crap what she looks like, or what her race is, lack of evidence and arrogant, dirty, moronic prosecutors using absurd theories to convict two people of murder is what disgusts me. I worry more for Raphael as he is still over there, fortunately his family IS wealthy, so maybe they can help him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,479,274 times
Reputation: 8777
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
All the expat students over there were partying, that was part of the culture, she didn't do anything unusual, certainly nothing to deserve being an assumed sex crazed murdereress. Her family was middle class, they got the US media on their side due to lack of evidence, they had enough money that they could spend time over there, other than that, it is not particularly special, any American/European could have done the same.

I don't give a crap what she looks like, or what her race is, lack of evidence and arrogant, dirty, moronic prosecutors using absurd theories to convict two people of murder is what disgusts me. I worry more for Raphael as he is still over there, fortunately his family IS wealthy, so maybe they can help him.
When you are a stranger in a strange land, you become more careful of with whom you associate. You don't do anything that might be construed as breaking the law, like taking drugs. Certainly, everyone did not do these things.

There are a lot of black people here in the states, middle class kids who are much more careful about whom they associate with and driving too fast and drug taking, etc, because they feel the police will scrutinize them more than whites if circumstances arise.

They are smart in taking care like this.

Same with Americans overseas. Foreign police might consider that 'outsiders', a certain proportion of them, are in another country because things were too hot for them at home. They may be more suspicious of outsiders, probably rightly so.

Ms. Knox may or may not be a druggie murderer, but she definitely is a liar as well as stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 04:48 PM
 
6,791 posts, read 7,110,972 times
Reputation: 6970
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
When you are a stranger in a strange land, you become more careful of with whom you associate. You don't do anything that might be construed as breaking the law, like taking drugs. Certainly, everyone did not do these things.

There are a lot of black people here in the states, middle class kids who are much more careful about whom they associate with and driving too fast and drug taking, etc, because they feel the police will scrutinize them more than whites if circumstances arise.

They are smart in taking care like this.

Same with Americans overseas. Foreign police might consider that 'outsiders', a certain proportion of them, are in another country because things were too hot for them at home. They may be more suspicious of outsiders, probably rightly so.

Ms. Knox may or may not be a druggie murderer, but she definitely is a liar as well as stupid.
There are tons of American and Europeon students there, they act like college students, that's all Amanda did, she did nothing unusual to cause this to happen to her. Did Meredith deserve to die for being a young student in Italy? She was at the same parties and bars.

Who did Amanda associate with to deserve all this? Meredith, the victim? She fell for a young Italian man who is as innocent as she is. She wasn't friends with the murderer, she never even met him. Amanda did not cause this, neither did the victim cause her own death. A horrible criminal and killer caused this by sexually assaulting and murdering a young British student. He is the one to blame, and he is in prison, the case should be closed.

Last edited by detshen; 05-18-2013 at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 04:59 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
Reputation: 3527
Detshen is correct, there are hundreds of thousands of young people from the US and other countries that go overseas to experience another culture, to study, to party and most often all of the above. It's a rite of passage for many. I know it because I did it myself (I was living in Germany when the murder occurred). Personally, I don't think someone who smokes a joint now and then is a "druggie" any more than a social drinker is an alcoholic. I don't see Amanda's behavior as anything out of the ordinary or particularly reckless compared to her peers. I just see a terribly unlucky person who was railroaded by the Italian legal system. That happens in the US too, just look at the West Memphis 3 and all the other poor souls that spend years in prison undeservedly only to be exonerated later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top