U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sandusky, Full Trial?
Full Trial 23 69.70%
Plea Deal 10 30.30%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:36 AM

33,890 posts, read 42,123,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Well only from this world...I believe God will have some retribution and criticism to measure out to Joe Pa...

Here's why I don't have a real issue with Paterno. If PA abuse reporting laws were anything like MD's at the time he did what he was required to do, report to his superior. That's what we in MD had to do until about 10 years ago, That has since been changed to the direct observer making the report to CYS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 04:49 AM

6,587 posts, read 6,824,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Here's why I don't have a real issue with Paterno. If PA abuse reporting laws were anything like MD's at the time he did what he was required to do, report to his superior. That's what we in MD had to do until about 10 years ago, That has since been changed to the direct observer making the report to CYS.
I do have a problem with Paterno...because if McCleary came to Paterno with the same set of facts except he told Paterno it was his own granchild he saw in the shower with Sandusky...do you think Paterno would have not bothered officials over the weekend and continued to let Jerry use the locker rooms??

Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,885,451 times
I voted Full Trial because (correct me if I'm wrong) Penn State is paying his legal fees, so why wouldn't he go for the crap shoot of a full trial. In addition, he truly believes he did absolutely nothing wrong or improper which is typical sociopath and narcissistic behavior.

Whenever I hear him speak he just sounds so infantile. I believe he will testify (it's obvious he doesn't listen to his attorney) and he's already proven (from his media interviews) that if given enough rope he'll hang himself.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I voted Full Trial because (correct me if I'm wrong) Penn State is paying his legal fees, so why wouldn't he go for the crap shoot of a full trial. In addition, he truly believes he did absolutely nothing wrong or improper which is typical sociopath and narcissistic behavior.

Whenever I hear him speak he just sounds so infantile. I believe he will testify (it's obvious he doesn't listen to his attorney) and he's already proven (from his media interviews) that if given enough rope he'll hang himself.

Why would PSU be paying his legal fees?
He wasn't an employee at the time of the offenses and, in fact, the university barred him from using its facilities after Paterno took McQuery's report to his superiors.

They are paying for Spanier and Schultz. The Second Mile insurance carrier has asked to be excused from paying.

There were too many links for me to post, from ESPN, to Fox to State College.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 02-22-2012 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: cleaned up odd letter

Old 02-22-2012, 07:01 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
I didn't think Penn State was paying his legal fees ... the first judge that had ties to Sandusky's The Second Mile let him out on his own recognizance ... the second judge set his bail at $250,000.00. He used $50,000 cash they had on hand and put up $200,000 in property he owns as collateral.

On Feb 13, Judge Cleland ruled that Sandusky can visit with his grandchildren! He will be able to see his grandchildren at his home provided a parent is in attendance at all times. Sandusky will also be able to talk to them on the telephone, exchange emails or video chat through the computer.

Judge Cleland ruled in addition to his grandchildren, Sandusky will also be able to receive adult visitors. He is to provide a list of 12 people excluding family members that he would like to see.

He ruled Sandusky can leave the confines of his home to assist his defense team, provided he alerts Centre County probation at least 36 hours in advance and provide a detail itinerary of when he will be leaving, where he will be going and who he will be with.

He will also be allowed to sit on his back porch even thought an elementary school playground is just feet from Sandusky's yard and from inside classrooms, children can see Sandusky when he's outside, and it's been disturbing to classes.

The judge denied a change of venue and the request to select a jury from outside Centre County.

In addition Sandusky's contact with three of his grandchildren will be contingent upon the decision of another judge, who is arbitrating a custody dispute between those children's parents. Sandusky must have divorced children and the ex must be objecting to visitation.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:04 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,876,260 times
Trial is near State college. Hell get a trial and the yokels will let him off.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Trial is near State college. Hell get a trial and the yokels will let him off.
I don't think he'll even go to trial. My belief is that his whole publicity aim, whether his lawyer approved it or not and I think he did, is to pollute the jury pool so a jury can't be found.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times
Well, they could always get jurors from another county, and sequester them. Maybe from Pinellas County...

Old 02-24-2012, 12:04 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't think he'll even go to trial. My belief is that his whole publicity aim, whether his lawyer approved it or not and I think he did, is to pollute the jury pool so a jury can't be found.

The judge seems to be under the impression he can find a jury there in Centre County. I don't think so ... Sandusky's name like OJ and Anthony is well known across the country.

Can't Sandusky's defense team request no jury and the judge hear the case? With the things the judge has approved thus far ... visits with grandchildren, visits with 12 friends, allowed to sit on back porch and leer at the elementary school yard as the children play, leave his home to assist his defense team (assist defense team doing what????)

He's going to end up walking away from this! I hope I am wrong.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:38 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times
Interesting perspective CW. Will he walk away scott free? Is there enough evidence, witnesses, and other information to convict? The bar is pretty high on "proof" and evidence in child molestation cases, which is why pedophiles get away with so much, prior to be caught. Things are often "reported", but not to the point of charges and court appearances. Most parents just want the whole thing over, and don't want their children involved in testifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or