U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 07:26 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,588,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This makes me ill, a 9 year old girl is missing. She was at a male nieghbor's house, and the "story" sounds pretty biazarre.
Did you mean to include a link, Jasper? I can't figure out to whom you are referring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 07:32 PM

3,637 posts, read 5,401,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I must honestly say that when I hear/read stories like this one, I get extemely upset - as a mom [parent] who lost a child [3 1/2 yrs old] I acknowledge that I can not be objective at all, as much as I try to be. I have exceptionally strong opinions about missing / assaulted / murdered children, for whatever the reason seems to be, or does, in fact become.

And, I can also honestly admit that as much as I believe I am a fair, reasonable and 'just' [in the context of just in judicial proceedings] I cannot in cases involving children as victims. No doubt I am not alone w/this sentiment.

I know I could never sit as a juror in such a case and no defense attorney would want me on a jury either.

What I do believe and would much rather see, always, is a parent [mom] relinquishing that child, whether on a church step, fire station, wherever, and not face criminal charges for leaving that child if that parent believes that they [parents] know they will not be stellar parents, that they may hurt that child somehow - and that parent not be criminally charged - if that action can save a child from future abuse, assault, death -

It has been years since my daughter's death, yet, to this day, I cannot even watch a show that entails any harm / death to a child when in all likelihood that child could have been saved from that life of hell.

How can this little child be missing? Not hardly did this child crawl out of the room, unlock a front door and leave...
I'm very sorry for your loss.

This case involves two parents with past issues. The father was taking care of the child because the mother was attending a two week drug rehab.

The mother has been on the local news (although not so much now) basically accusing the father of possibly abusing the child. The father has denied this. The state attorney general has become involved.

The mother filed for full custody the day before this child went missing. I'm hopeful that the child may be with a family member who took her and is hiding her due to the custody mess.

It's a very sad situation all around. I hope they can find her soon.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:20 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,742,630 times
^^^someone has watched way too much X-Files.

But, with so many children missing, is this another explanation that merits discussion? I will defer this to "the tribe". I almost wish it was a valid explanation, rather than acknowledging that in most of these cases it was most likely a care giver responsible, horrible as that is to admit.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:10 AM

22,888 posts, read 19,323,900 times
Quote:
^^^someone has watched way too much X-Files.

But, with so many children missing, is this another explanation that merits discussion? I will defer this to "the tribe". I almost wish it was a valid explanation, rather than acknowledging that in most of these cases it was most likely a care giver responsible, horrible as that is to admit.

Nah, I vote to snuff out the torch. Not a subject to be glib about.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:31 AM

9,916 posts, read 9,310,188 times
I am afraid this one is going to end up like the others that just disappear.

The police now suspect foul play!

Page 2: Missing Maine Toddler Ayla Reynolds: Police Suspect Foul Play - ABC News

At least they are suspecting foul play, in Baby Lisa's case no LEO has mentioned foul play.

I just wish they would find these babies alive and well somewhere.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:22 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,742,630 times
Not to de rail the thread, but so many babies and kids just "disappear", and no one is caught, or held accountable. I saw Kyron's Mother on tv the other day, they "suspect" his Step-Mother in his disappearance, but they never found his body. She has not even been charged.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:07 AM

19,878 posts, read 18,888,113 times
At first I thought it was the husband because the baby was at his house. The news said he had people over that night so one of them could have taken the baby. But also, he didn't know that the wife had filed for custody that very day and he had just been given custody so he wouldn't have had to take her.

Then I read that the "family" (who? mother? sister?) of the wife had been caring for the child and then custody was taken away from them and given to the father because the wife was being treated for drugs.

The family is said to have been concerned about "mysterious" bruises on her legs. Also, she had a BROKEN ARM and her arm was in a splint. How weird is that.

So now I'm leaning toward someone in the mother's family taking the child for safe keeping. Her family must suspect the father of abuse.

Now they've been taking stuff out of the shed and house of the father. I can't make any sense of that.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:49 PM

9,916 posts, read 9,310,188 times
Quote:
Not to de rail the thread, but so many babies and kids just "disappear", and no one is caught, or held accountable. I saw Kyron's Mother on tv the other day, they "suspect" his Step-Mother in his disappearance, but they never found his body. She has not even been charged.
There is so many that just disappear!!! The step-mother has always been a suspect in Kyron's disappearance ... but no Kyron!

Adults and children just vanish ... Holly Bobo, Robyn Gardner, Michelle Parker ... nothing is being mentioned about 2-year-old Sky Metalwala since he disappeared out of his mother's car (dumb woman leaving the child in the car alone!) Aaliyah Lunsford in bed sleeping in WVA and poof gone since September.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:31 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,356,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Ayla Reynolds, 20 months old, disappeared from her bed this past Friday night. She was in her bed asleep at 10:00 PM
and gone Saturday morning. Her father reported her missing at 8:50 AM Saturday.

This is just weird ... Baby Lisa just disappears and now this baby is gone. Apparently these people don't lock their doors.

The mother is bashing the dad ... but DSS placed Ayla with her dad in November as the mother was in rehab for substance abuse.

Missing Maine Toddler Ayla Reynolds: River Search Reveals Nothing - ABC News

Well, another possibility is that one baby disappears and someone else hears about it and says, "hey, that's not a bad idea."

Old 01-06-2012, 11:11 AM

4,907 posts, read 6,123,619 times
See my post under Deputies Arrest Man for Raping One Month Old. The sites I listed are filled with cases such as these or worse. It is mind boggling, almost more than a body can comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime