U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 02:35 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times

Advertisements

The Mother was "worried" about the neighbor's, but leaves her kids with a guy her Father met in prison? Okay.

My next question is...there is a "fund" set up for this little girl. Why? She is dead. I have major issues with that, what is the fund for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,760,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
No offense meant ... but are you a sex offender or have a family member on the sex offenders list?

The 15 in the trailer park included registered sex offenders with convictions for sexual abuse of a minor and child molestation. This trailer park was not a safe place for children.

Plumadore doesn't even have the excuse of being a registered sex offender. He is just pure evil. Only evil could cut a child's head off and mutilate the rest of her body.
i have a loved one on the registry. It's a long story but he was railroaded for the sake of a custody dispute (the short version) and after going through a circus of a trial and getting a hung jury, he took a plea. We all knew there would be no justice after the DA was overheard saying she didn't care about his innocence or guilt, and after we heard the Uncle asking the accuser "if she used her words, turned on the waterworks, and if they bought it?" We reported it, nothing was done.
They got custody, my loved one took a deal, the accuser called the day after her 18th birthday, apologizing and admitting she was wrong.
I am a survivor of actual childhood sexual abuse. I find the registry a joke. When we stop putting people on who don't belong, when investigators actually INVESTIGATE a crime. THEN...maybe we can have the people on it who deserve to be.
A half-blind half-wit could've looked into my loved one's situation, scratched the surface on the Uncle and would've seen who the real abuser was.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:25 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times
Valid point. But that is what we have, which is better than how it was 30 years ago, when there was nothing. My friends bought a home, and later found out a guy on the block living with his Mother had recently been released from prison for a bunch of nasty stuff. She says if she had known, she would not have purchased that house.

I am not sure how effective the registry is anyway, as many perpetrators kill and were never on the registry. And others molest many times, and never get on the registry because of how hard it is to prove things, and many parents just want to not put their kids thru a trial. And in the case of Jessica Lunsford, the pervert never told anyone where he was, he did not check into the police station when he came to town, "hello, pervert here". He just slunk in, and waited.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:55 PM

6,587 posts, read 6,824,609 times
Never rely on a registry... you never know who is visting or working in the area!The government is not going to protect your kids(it isn't capable) that is mommy and daddy's job!Sad to say some children have the misfortune of being born to morons that in a perfect world shouldn't be allowed to reproduce!!The freak cases of say Elizabeth Smart or Polly Klauss are few and far between(thankfully)most of the stories of child abductions and murders are usually the result of poor parenting!!Never leave your kids out of your sight!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:00 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
i have a loved one on the registry. It's a long story but he was railroaded for the sake of a custody dispute (the short version) and after going through a circus of a trial and getting a hung jury, he took a plea. We all knew there would be no justice after the DA was overheard saying she didn't care about his innocence or guilt, and after we heard the Uncle asking the accuser "if she used her words, turned on the waterworks, and if they bought it?" We reported it, nothing was done.
They got custody, my loved one took a deal, the accuser called the day after her 18th birthday, apologizing and admitting she was wrong.
I am a survivor of actual childhood sexual abuse. I find the registry a joke. When we stop putting people on who don't belong, when investigators actually INVESTIGATE a crime. THEN...maybe we can have the people on it who deserve to be.
A half-blind half-wit could've looked into my loved one's situation, scratched the surface on the Uncle and would've seen who the real abuser was.
I am sorry you were abused, I realize this may seem merely like lip service to you but I really am sorry. I cannot conceive of anyone abusing a child, sexually or physically. I am glad to see you are a survivor ... you really are as nothing that happened to you as a child was your fault. Children are totally defenseless and dependent upon adults.

I am sorry for your uncle too. I have read about custody battles and these things happening. Adults can place ideas into a child's head and before long the child thinks it happened. I don't know anyone personally but I have read of cases.

I do know a guy I went to school with ... he likes little boys and has been in and out of prison. They need to kill him because he will not stop. He is a registered sexual offender and earned that designation.

This young girl died a horrific death and I sincerely hope Michael Plumadore will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of Indiana laws.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:16 AM

26,160 posts, read 15,362,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12
I won't comment. It just makes no sense at all to me.
I cant comment either Jasper,its very sad

Old 12-31-2011, 05:21 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,894,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Apparently prior to moving in to help her sick father, the mother asks him about two of the men.

Please look at this article in the Chicago Tribune ... "Aliahna's family moved there to help take care of 66-year-old James E. "Shorty" Lemmon, who also was a convicted sex offender and died Dec. 3." (5th paragraph) It seems according to this article that even Aliahna's grandfather was a registered sex offender.

Mother of slain girl worried about neighbors in trailer park - chicagotribune.com
The stories confusing me. In earlier reports, it mentions nothing about the grandfathers death Dec 3. And states he refered to Plumadore as a 'trusted family friend'.

Also stated Aliahna's mother had the flu, lived with her boyfriend who worked night work and slept during the day and took her kids to her fathers where Plumadore lived helping to care for the children as well as the father.

This article states, she moved with her children, to take care of her father, who is also a sex offender who did jail time with Plumadore.

So, who did she actually live with? If the father died, why was she still living in the trailor park and what happened to her boyfriend who she reportedly was living with?

Perhaps she moved there in desperation bc of her own circumstances and not only to help take care of her sick father.

IMO...the reports don't add up.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:33 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,429,410 times
Shumaker was in jail with Lemmon {the father/grandfather}, not Plumadore.

Shumaker knew Plumadore, and introduced him to Lemmon.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:43 AM

4,130 posts, read 13,311,035 times
The mother could have had her father move in w/ her - or in a hospice - rather than uproot herself and her 3 daughters and move into a seedy trailer park w/ residents of questionable characters. There was a photo of her and her mother on a couch - too bad her mother couldnt have stepped in and helped her (if she was really so sick w/ the flu) or watched her granddaughters while her ex was sick or her daughter was suffering w/ the flu - lots of what-if's - too bad it does no good now. I just hope the other 2 girls are taken better care of, anyone know where they are - ?

Old 12-31-2011, 08:48 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The stories confusing me. In earlier reports, it mentions nothing about the grandfathers death Dec 3. And states he refered to Plumadore as a 'trusted family friend'.

Also stated Aliahna's mother had the flu, lived with her boyfriend who worked night work and slept during the day and took her kids to her fathers where Plumadore lived helping to care for the children as well as the father.

This article states, she moved with her children, to take care of her father, who is also a sex offender who did jail time with Plumadore.

So, who did she actually live with? If the father died, why was she still living in the trailor park and what happened to her boyfriend who she reportedly was living with?

Perhaps she moved there in desperation bc of her own circumstances and not only to help take care of her sick father.

IMO...the reports don't add up.
It doesn't add up to me either ... Tarah Souders, mother of Aliahna, moved with her 3 daughters to take care of her father 66-year-old James E. "Shorty" Lemmon.

Annie53 is correct Shorty was not in prison with Plumadore another neighbor Greg Shumaker was in prison with Plumadore and introduced him to James E. 'Shorty' Lemmon.

James E 'Shorty' Lemmon died December 23. Here is the obit:

JAMES E. LEMMON Obituary: View JAMES LEMMON's Obituary by Fort Wayne Newspapers

I read Plumadore's trailer was moved from the park by the police.

Mobile home where girl died moved from park

I read the articles in the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette ... this is another strange one ...

JournalGazette.net - Police and fire | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

In conclusion ... I have no earthly idea of the living arrangements in that trailer park with Tarah, her three daughers, her father and Plumadore.

I don't know where the mother and two daughters are now. I just hope the mother has the two other daughters out of harms way.

According to Aliahna's step-grandfather, David Story, she was abused in Iowa on two different occasions.

JournalGazette.net - Police and fire | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

This is such a sad story and a horrible death for a beautiful little girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime