U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:14 AM

22,919 posts, read 19,356,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
If I said what I think the penalty should be, I'd probably get banned.

I think I'm thinking along the same lines, Osito. I'm hoping it might happen in jail.

This is the second time I have heard of a case like this...one of my mother's ER stories was of a 1 month old being raped and dying from it. This was way back in the 1940's that the crime was comitted. Mother didn't think I could hear her but I did. Mother also had the same idea of punishment too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 09:44 AM

1,328 posts, read 2,457,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This is very true. I worked in a prison (I taught classes on "Thinking Errors", and helped prisoners covered under IEP's graduate HS, and coordinated other education for prisoners). Anyway, the rapers are treated very poorly on the tier of "respect" in prison. They get no respect from anyone, and don't even have a group to hang with, prison is very interesting, inmates form groups of friends to hang with, who help each other out. And if you don't have a group, your time is quite difficult.
Aren't rapists and child molesters/abusers all housed in the same unit? I know that virtually all prisons have protective custody and/or a housing unit for sex offenders and child abusers so when would they come in contact with the other inmates?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:54 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,777,758 times
Not always. Some are in general pop, until there is a reason for isolation. It takes extra money and space to have a "special" wing...and there are SO many who could be considered "special" where do you draw the line? Gay prisoners, transsexuals, young ones, baby rapers, famous felons, the list could go on and on...where I worked everyone was in the same population, until it was too much work on guards to deal with the problems. Then they went to a special area, but were transitioned back out.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:23 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,468,595 times
Osito, I am with you on this one - probably banned for months for what I would truly want to post.

There is no word that I can come up with to describe this case, this offender and what should clearly happen to him.

Worse than horrible!

Old 01-02-2012, 02:48 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,130,430 times
They are many, many cases very similar to this one. It is not an isolated incident. Along with more mundane information on the internet, these types of stories and websites dealing with individual tragedies have proliferated. Try going to "Unforgotten Angels" on Facebook or "FindMissingKids.com" or "museumofinnocense.org" or "angelizdsplace.com".You will be horrified. Unforgotten Angels has 6 albums of 100 cases each, so far. There are many other websites that try and memorialize and remember these young victims and there will be 100's also. We spend so little on protecting our youngest and oldest members of society, the truly helpless, in my estimation....I hope that we are becoming more aware of this terrible crime and find ways to protect these innocent children

Old 01-02-2012, 03:28 PM

515 posts, read 625,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
They are many, many cases very similar to this one. It is not an isolated incident. Along with more mundane information on the internet, these types of stories and websites dealing with individual tragedies have proliferated. Try going to "Unforgotten Angels" on Facebook or "FindMissingKids.com" or "museumofinnocense.org" or "angelizdsplace.com".You will be horrified. Unforgotten Angels has 6 albums of 100 cases each, so far. There are many other websites that try and memorialize and remember these young victims and there will be 100's also. We spend so little on protecting our youngest and oldest members of society, the truly helpless, in my estimation....I hope that we are becoming more aware of this terrible crime and find ways to protect these innocent children
And yet we spend millions of dollars on monsters such as this to house and "rehabilitate" them!

As a society we have become far too tolerant of the malignant creeps who prey upon our young; I used to be anti death penalty...because of the good old "not a deterrent" argument before I realized that the DP sure is a deterrent for the monsters...one at a time.

I am sickened to read of this incident and incensed enough to begin to advocate for public executions. We need to demonstrate that we are no longer tolerant of those monsters who prey upon our young.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:23 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,062,990 times
Sometimes I read these things, and wish I could give myself a lobotomy. It's hard to believe that there are people this evil walking around the earth with the rest of us.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,380,893 times
If he can rape a one-month old, he will rape his mother......CASTRATE HIM, then put him in prison for life WITHOUT PAROLE.....

Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,468,595 times
Latina7, I vaguely recall that, and I may be incorrect w/the particular state, a representative from Maine [?], many many years ago proposed a bill to in fact castrate sex assault offenders and it was clearly not passed because it was, and I am being general with this, an infringement on rights, too invasive and some other similar sentiments - again this was many many years ago - I am wondering if such a proposal was reintroduced how it would fair now?

However, I also recognize that people are also sexually assaulted with objects as well so even castration would not necessarily make a difference.

I suppose placing all violent sex offenders especially those assaulting children, elderly and the infirm on a remote island to fend for themselves might be considered cruel and unusual punishment; however, there has to be some type of true punishment, rather than rehabilitation possibilities [since I firmly believe one cannot rehabilitate a sociopath].

I don't know what the right answer is but certainly letting out a repeat offender is not feasible or responsible.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:55 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post

However, I also recognize that people are also sexually assaulted with objects as well so even castration would not necessarily make a difference.
Yes but from what I understand, offenders who assualt with objects arent in it for sexual pleasure, but more for the power they have over the victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or