U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 PM
 
Location: 2 blocks from bay in L.I, NY
1,767 posts, read 1,437,614 times
Reputation: 2743

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Deputies Arrest Man Accused Of Raping 1-Month-Old - Albuquerque News Story - KOAT Albuquerque

What are we coming to ? I could post so many of these and in the same area......some of the most horrendous cases.

What should the penalty be ? What can we hope for as the economy drops lower and more people are here, wanting work or needing resources....? I don't know the answer. If I were a religous person, I would say we are approaching the end times...it can't get much worse, as we are seeing more and more crimes and assaults against children, horrific crimes.
Where was the mother of the infant when this happened? I don't understand how an entire news article could be written about this horrendous crime committed against a baby by the mother's boyfriend and not mention where the mother was when this happened nor her reaction. So the police and EMS arrived and found a man and a one-month dead baby who'd been raped and bitten but no one else in a home? Did the man call 911 and report his own crime? Is the reader to assume that the police removed the baby's body and arrested the man but didn't think to find the mother and inform her of this tragedy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2012, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,029,506 times
Reputation: 6128
How come all of you are deciding what the punishment for this man should before when he hasn't even been charged yet - let alone tried and convicted? It is sad how many people are ignorant of the criminal justice system. Everyone reads a news story - discovers someone has been arrested and immediately assume the person is guilty. I hope that none of who so quick to condemn the man ever are on a jury - or perhaps it would be better if you were accused of a crime you were innocent of and let the mob condemn you. Patience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2012, 05:30 AM
 
Location: Chambersburg PA
1,739 posts, read 1,759,744 times
Reputation: 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
Nancy Grace is not an idiot. I have never seen her accuse someone who wasn't guilty. And the attention she brings to children's cases, anyone should be ashamed for themselves to think otherwise. If you can just get past her harshness and loudness, see the point of the cases.

I admire her work, without it who the heck would care? Not much out there like her, it's too bad.
The Duke Lacrosse players weren't guilty, and she tore them a new one.
Just because she won all her cases in Georgia doesn't mean they were all actually guilty. It just means that she's "good" at her job. If she's like at least a couple of the DAs in my town, that means that's she's willing to threaten, and twist, and outright lie, to get the job done.
And yes, one of our DAs was overheard coaching a witness and also stating that she didn't care if the defendant was guilty or not, she just wanted a conviction with so little evidence.
One thing is for sure Nancy Grace is a "B"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 AM
 
Location: Chambersburg PA
1,739 posts, read 1,759,744 times
Reputation: 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How come all of you are deciding what the punishment for this man should before when he hasn't even been charged yet - let alone tried and convicted? It is sad how many people are ignorant of the criminal justice system. Everyone reads a news story - discovers someone has been arrested and immediately assume the person is guilty. I hope that none of who so quick to condemn the man ever are on a jury - or perhaps it would be better if you were accused of a crime you were innocent of and let the mob condemn you. Patience.
Thanks, for your voice of reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
 
892 posts, read 1,596,858 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
The Duke Lacrosse players weren't guilty, and she tore them a new one.
Just because she won all her cases in Georgia doesn't mean they were all actually guilty. It just means that she's "good" at her job. If she's like at least a couple of the DAs in my town, that means that's she's willing to threaten, and twist, and outright lie, to get the job done.
And yes, one of our DAs was overheard coaching a witness and also stating that she didn't care if the defendant was guilty or not, she just wanted a conviction with so little evidence.
One thing is for sure Nancy Grace is a "B"
Sorry for forgetting this one. My main concentration is on all the ones she is right when it comes to children, and for that she gets a big A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 AM
 
892 posts, read 1,596,858 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How come all of you are deciding what the punishment for this man should before when he hasn't even been charged yet - let alone tried and convicted? It is sad how many people are ignorant of the criminal justice system. Everyone reads a news story - discovers someone has been arrested and immediately assume the person is guilty. I hope that none of who so quick to condemn the man ever are on a jury - or perhaps it would be better if you were accused of a crime you were innocent of and let the mob condemn you. Patience.
Oh ya, our lovely justice system that let's creeps like this roam around when they have done crimes in the past. Forgive me for not waiting for them to decide. Who knows, maybe they will do a better job this time around. And noone is choosing his fate, if only one could am sure he would never make it to a trial. All I know is when it comes to not only my children, but any child on this earth, you protect them at all costs against predators . A child predator is a child predator, and this man is just that. Read the article aghain and it will tell you that.

BTW, just went to see if any updates and saw the man is illegal and uses different aliases, which will be interesting to see them all tied together with all crimes he has commited.
http://www.examiner.com/law-enforcem...-illegal-alien

Last edited by laina1980; 01-16-2012 at 11:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,029,506 times
Reputation: 6128
@ laina1980 - the previous charge was "assault and injury" of a child. That could be anything - in this screwed up day and age it could mean that he disciplined his own child by spanking his/her backside once. "Assault and injury" does not make one a child predator - only in your Nancy Grace world does that become so. We don't know the facts of that case and the article clearly states that even the investigators do not know the entire facts of this one. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for being part of a virtual lynch mob. Protect your kids - do not rush to judgment in a case where a man has not even been charged yet. An arrest has been made - their is likely probable cause that a crime has been committed and this man did it. Let the system work and if he is guilty rest assured justice will be served. Don't perpetuate injustice by condemning someone simply on the merits of a news report. Someone called me the voice of reason in this thread. I am happy to continue providing that voice. Let's sit back and chill for a while - this man isn't going anywhere for a while. Be patient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
 
892 posts, read 1,596,858 times
Reputation: 557
Harrier, I think if it was just discipline it wouldn't be on the article and have a feeling thier may be more on him in Mexico. That seriously is my own opinion and anything I say here is my own opinion, not a fact. And I stand by that. I value others opinions also, but I don't have to agree with that. I don't agree when anyone automatically says "We don't know the facts" when something awful happens in this world. As for Nancy Grace, she is a media personality. For me I like her and will always be on her side. I know many aren't. To each his own. Yes, you are right he is not going anywhere. And like others have said I would like to say where he should go, but won't.

Also anyone is free to make any assumptions they want, so if you want to choose to wait to see what our wonderful judicial system will have for him, good for you. In the meantime, I or anyone can say what we want and assume what we want it if it our choosing to do so.

Last edited by laina1980; 01-16-2012 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,904 posts, read 6,116,810 times
Reputation: 6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Where was the mother of the infant when this happened? I don't understand how an entire news article could be written about this horrendous crime committed against a baby by the mother's boyfriend and not mention where the mother was when this happened nor her reaction. So the police and EMS arrived and found a man and a one-month dead baby who'd been raped and bitten but no one else in a home? Did the man call 911 and report his own crime? Is the reader to assume that the police removed the baby's body and arrested the man but didn't think to find the mother and inform her of this tragedy?
according to this expanded article, she was at a casino. More info at this piece.

Accused baby killer in U.S. illegally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top