Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 01:52 PM

125 posts, read 206,616 times

Advertisements

The Bible also says we are subject to the laws of the land. Whoso sheddeth mans blood, by man shall his blood be shed. No cherry picking, just telling it like it is. There are also many documented cases of those in prison for life, murdering their fellow inmates. Inmates who were not in for murder but for some offense were killed. Again, if these persons were on death row or executed, the other may have lived to see parole. I am not going to change your mind about the death penalty, nor will you change mine. Forgiveness, yes. God's forgiveness of our sins. Being subject to the law of the land is not vengeance. I am not sure how passive Jesus came across when he turned over the tables of those selling in the temple....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 03:47 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
They are many, many cases very similar to this one. It is not an isolated incident. Along with more mundane information on the internet, these types of stories and websites dealing with individual tragedies have proliferated. Try going to "Unforgotten Angels" on Facebook or "FindMissingKids.com" or "museumofinnocense.org" or "angelizdsplace.com".You will be horrified. Unforgotten Angels has 6 albums of 100 cases each, so far. There are many other websites that try and memorialize and remember these young victims and there will be 100's also. We spend so little on protecting our youngest and oldest members of society, the truly helpless, in my estimation....I hope that we are becoming more aware of this terrible crime and find ways to protect these innocent children

Thank you God, for having people like Nancy Grace, Jane Velez-Mitchell, and many tough prosecutors that can give them justice. Otherwise, we would never know what is going on. And trust me, there is a lot of it going on. There is not a day, week, or month, that we do not hear about women and children being raped, kidnapped, sodomized, killed, etc.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Thank you God, for having people like Nancy Grace, Jane Velez-Mitchell, and many tough prosecutors that can give them justice. Otherwise, we would never know what is going on. And trust me, there is a lot of it going on. There is not a day, week, or month, that we do not hear about women and children being raped, kidnapped, sodomized, killed, etc.
Nancy Grace is an idiot. She doesn't understand what innocent until proven guilty means. Do you know how often woman lie about being raped with zero consquences? Just ask those duke laccrosse players that she we was basically hanging just on the word of a woman.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:23 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
I'm sorry, but castration is cruel and unusual punishment. You're reacting like a savage. I'd rather be raped than castrated. Maybe we should sew a woman's vagina shut permanently and cut off her clit and cut off her breasts if she gets convicted of having sex with a minor? Give me a break with this nonsense.
I just find it senseless, as it wouldn't stop someone who is bent on rape...and God help the powers that would perform a castration if the person castrated turned out to be innocent. That's the problem with such permanent soultions.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,365 times
Quote:
Nancy Grace is an idiot. She doesn't understand what innocent until proven guilty means. Do you know how often woman lie about being raped with zero consquences? Just ask those duke laccrosse players that she we was basically hanging just on the word of a woman.
I totally agree! She can't admit when she's wrong, and it's all about her. I bet she has rather interesting skeletons in her closet, and I can't wait til they come out.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:50 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,621 times
Quote:
I think that we have more idiots in this forum that Nancy Grace is, she did not get to have the position she has, if she were an idiot. That is the way she plays it with most cases. For her, they are guilty until proven innocent. Maybe that is the way her superiors want her to react.......Nancy Grace was a top Atlanta prosecutor who won 150 cases, out of 150. She was brought to NYC, because obviously she is good at her trade. NYC does not employ idiots.....they search the whole country and the world, until they find the best of the best........

That said: I do not know anything about the La Crosse players' case, so I cannot comment on it. All I know is that many times when these cases happen, the boys stick with the boys........ so it becomes hard for the woman involved to prove her point, especially, if she has had two drinks, too many.

There was a case in Northern New Jersey, for which a book "Our Guys," was written that points to this. It is a about three or four guys, who were top sports' figues in High School, who raped a severely, mentally-retarded young woman. They all stuck together to their story, and it took twp years' time for the authorities to learn the truth. So whenever I hear that a woman has been assaulted or raped by sports' figures, I know in my heart that she wold have a tough time trying to prove her case........

Old 01-15-2012, 09:10 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,946 times
How devastating!!! I don't know the mother's whole story, but this could have been prevented with some common sense choosings in her partners. They didn't say if he was the father but something tells me he is not. These days it doesn't cost much to see who you are dating especially with kids involved. I wish him nothing but ill times in prison and the mother I'd like to give her a good ol slap.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Nancy Grace is not an idiot. I have never seen her accuse someone who wasn't guilty. And the attention she brings to children's cases, anyone should be ashamed for themselves to think otherwise. If you can just get past her harshness and loudness, see the point of the cases.

I admire her work, without it who the heck would care? Not much out there like her, it's too bad.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but castration is cruel and unusual punishment. You're reacting like a savage. I'd rather be raped than castrated. Maybe we should sew a woman's vagina shut permanently and cut off her clit and cut off her breasts if she gets convicted of having sex with a minor? Give me a break with this nonsense.
Your kidding me right? See, here is the thing, he won't be castrated, but she was raped. To say you'd rather be raped is like saying the two are conclusive, when in fact they aren't. And this is not a case of "If it were a woman" it was a man raping a baby. Not a woman.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:48 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
I'm sorry, but castration is cruel and unusual punishment. You're reacting like a savage

Mikelizard,

so raping a one-month old baby is not cruel and unusual punishment against the baby? That's not savage behavior against a baby? In cases such as this one, I'd support castration against the perpetrator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime