U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2011, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
10,614 posts, read 13,167,600 times
Reputation: 16174

Advertisements

I hope they catch this person. It's like the Devil opening the gates Of Hell.The Associated Press: New Year's worry: Will arsonist strike LA again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2011, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,446 posts, read 23,978,485 times
Reputation: 7282
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I hope they catch this person. It's like the Devil opening the gates Of Hell.The Associated Press: New Year's worry: Will arsonist strike LA again?
Let's see.
The neighborhoods targeted all have large numbers of whites who are overwhelmingly liberal, most have large numbers of Jews, some have sizeable Hispanic populations, many have sizeable immigrant populations, and all have at least sizeable gay populations (some have very large gay populations).

So we can assume the group of people doing this hates liberal whites, Jews, Latinos, immigrants, and gays.

That might be a clue as to who they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2012, 01:04 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
Reputation: 26119
I have a friend who thinks terrorists could easily burn down most of the US with large drums of gasoline, especially this summer, the West will be a tinderbox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
10,614 posts, read 13,167,600 times
Reputation: 16174
Default Some progress...

A person of interest is being detained by Police.

Man detained in California arson probe - CNN.com

This person or persons, Are wrecking havoc. Crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 07:26 AM
 
Location: SWFL
22,890 posts, read 19,331,879 times
Reputation: 21349
I wonder if there will be any fires tonight? Bigger question...WHY???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
10,614 posts, read 13,167,600 times
Reputation: 16174
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I wonder if there will be any fires tonight? Bigger question...WHY???
I would hope not, tamiznluv. I have never heard of a serial arsonist. As one poster said further above, It could be racially motivated,(Due to the demographics of the neighborhood.) Or the person is a pyromaniac that gets pleasure out of the fires burning. This disorder is rare though.

As I said in other tru Crime threads, It's incredible how much destruction one person can cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 07:37 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,920,956 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I have a friend who thinks terrorists could easily burn down most of the US with large drums of gasoline, especially this summer, the West will be a tinderbox.
IMO...To much work for a terrorist, their methods are clever.

When they strike, Americans will once again wonder how our country could have left themselves wide open for catastrophic events. Like 911 and Osama right out in the open for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 AM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,589 posts, read 6,833,493 times
Reputation: 9856
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
IMO...To much work for a terrorist, their methods are clever.

When they strike, Americans will once again wonder how our country could have left themselves wide open for catastrophic events. Like 911 and Osama right out in the open for years.
In a free society we will remain vunerable...but we must give the gov't some credit for keeping us safe for the past 10 years...Bin Laden was being safeguarded by a foreign government(Pakistan) which the US never suspected and hiding in plain sight...our informants were telling us he was in some cave somewhere being protected by a loyal handful of people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 09:15 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
Reputation: 26119
I don't think that this is the work of a pyromanaic. Just someone out causing trouble. Pyro's like to start one fire, and watch the destruction, they rarely set many fires, because it is difficult to leave the first fire set, the thrill is in watching it get bigger, and how could you tear yourself away just when it is getting exciting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,920,956 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
In a free society we will remain vunerable...but we must give the gov't some credit for keeping us safe for the past 10 years...Bin Laden was being safeguarded by a foreign government(Pakistan) which the US never suspected and hiding in plain sight...our informants were telling us he was in some cave somewhere being protected by a loyal handful of people!
Thats what they said.

I don't think the US believed it, I certainly didn't.

Don't want to go off topic here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top