U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2012, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,820,589 times
Reputation: 7242

Advertisements

So I watched this last night. Not anything new to speak of, but an interesting and fresh re-telling from the forensics perspective of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
 
9,917 posts, read 9,329,221 times
Reputation: 8058
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So I watched this last night. Not anything new to speak of, but an interesting and fresh re-telling from the forensics perspective of it.
She does say Caylee was murdered (homicide) ... but that is all her job involves not saying who did it or why ... just the facts of the autopsy. But I still think she said Caylee's baby teeth was in the duct tape and they would not allow that in the testimony.

If the princess had told them where to find Caylee's body in a timely manner before it decomposed Dr. G would have been able to identify cause and manner ... same with Baby Lisa Irwin ... Amir Jennings ... Ayla Reynolds ... Aliayah Lunsford ... if and when these babies are found it will be skeletal remains.

It appears to me Judge Perry didn't do that great of a job ... he did not want a mistrial ... he didn't allow many pieces of evidence in ... he pampered the jury and I really felt like he let Baez get away with too much. I do realize there was hearings prior to the trial Baez and Burdick would have been fighting over evidence to allow or throwout or even seal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,820,589 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
she said Caylee's baby teeth was in the duct tape and they would not allow that in the testimony.
Yes, she did say this.....

It was clear that all the time and money dedicated to the forensic experts in this case did not so much as play the slightest bit of a factor in the juries decision. I dont think, based on what they have said, that they took any of the forensics into consideration. As Ive said before, I think all the forensics and time it took to explain those forensics to the lay jury members, is where the prosecution lost the juries attention and favor.

Quote:
It appears to me Judge Perry didn't do that great of a job ... he did not want a mistrial ... he didn't allow many pieces of evidence in ... he pampered the jury and I really felt like he let Baez get away with too much. I do realize there was hearings prior to the trial Baez and Burdick would have been fighting over evidence to allow or throwout or even seal
Interesting perspective. Many thought that Judge perry was a more "prosecution oriented" judge. I don't agree with your assertion about Perry, but I will say that the amount of compelling evidence that was barred from the court room is astonishing. We learn of something else that didn't make it to the court room all the time it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 PM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,086,083 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Did any one watch Dr G ... if you did ... did I hear her right on the duct tape contained Caylee's little baby teeth and that info was not allowed in court?
Yes, I saw that too.
They wonder why killers go free, the evidence isn't allowed in court!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,820,589 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yes, I saw that too.
They wonder why killers go free, the evidence isn't allowed in court!
I really dont think that particular bit of info would have made a bit of difference to this jury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Status: "My husband had a heart attack." (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
18,695 posts, read 23,354,891 times
Reputation: 48990
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Did any one watch Dr G ... if you did ... did I hear her right on the duct tape contained Caylee's little baby teeth and that info was not allowed in court?
I caught that and I shuddered. To me it says that Caylee was screaming at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Orlando
8,178 posts, read 16,578,101 times
Reputation: 49786
While I'm no fan of Casey Anthoney and truly wish the whole thing would go away, Zenaida Gonzalez shouldn't have any chance at this trial. At no time did CA point to her or a picture of her and say this was the babysitter. Fair is fair.

There was so much evidence that either wasn't allowed or wasn't used in this trial. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why. The prosecutor is now running for State Attorney....he won't get my vote.

Don't be so quick to blame the judge.....he has laws he has to follow too. We need to get some of these laws changed.
I don't feel she got a jury of her peers because the jury was never allowed to see the Casey everyone else did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,820,589 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Don't be so quick to blame the judge.....he has laws he has to follow .
And the same could be said of Jeff Ashton, the prosecuter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2012, 06:07 AM
 
Location: Orlando
8,178 posts, read 16,578,101 times
Reputation: 49786
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
And the same could be said of Jeff Ashton, the prosecuter.
I guess I'm missing your point of quoting me...at no time did I say anything remotely like this about Jeff Ashton.
My problem with him was his demeanor and for the record I don't know why the ENTIRE prosecution team didn't present all of the evidence. I don't think we'll ever know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2012, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,822,420 times
Reputation: 8838
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I caught that and I shuddered. To me it says that Caylee was screaming at the time.
i agree.. very sad...I can picture psycho casey like "damn i need to party" and shoving her into the trunk with duct tape plastered on Caylee...

That jury was stupid as a box of rocks, and that little girls image haunts me, I personally CANNOT comprehend how Cindy or george havent gone insane from guilt by now. It seemed George's suicide attempt in 2009 was genuine....No normal person could live knowing their daughter did this.

Then again they arent "normal" so I guess anything goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top