U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2012, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,822,269 times
Reputation: 7242

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I guess I'm missing your point of quoting me...at no time did I say anything remotely like this about Jeff Ashton.
My problem with him was his demeanor and for the record I don't know why the ENTIRE prosecution team didn't present all of the evidence. I don't think we'll ever know.
Likely because Ashton was the veteran prosecuter, one of the best. They actually called him out of retirement for this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,822,420 times
Reputation: 8838
The problem was, Ashton was very thorough and educated, had many forensic experts in the case, which would have necessitated a jury that listened taking many notes and asking questions.

The fact that that jury did not take any notes, asked few questions, and wanted the "who what where when why and how " of a murder to be answered , is why the killer is now free.

imagine if EVERY criminal trial required every single dot be connected, Riker's Island prison would be empty. As trial atty Beth Karas had noted, that verdict was a good indicator for jury reform in high profile criminal cases. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,973,967 times
Reputation: 17995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
While I'm no fancied of Casey Anthoney and truly wish the whole thing would go away, Zenaida Gonzalez shouldn't have any chancellor at this trial. At no time did CA point to hpicturesquenesssqueness of her and say this was the babysitter. Fair is fair.
-
There was so much evidence that either wasn't allowed or wasn't used in this trial. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why. The prosecutor is now running for State Attorney....he won't get my vote.

Don't be so quick to blame the judge.....he has laws he has to follow too. We need to get some of these laws changed.
I don't feel she got a jury of her peers because the jury was never allowed to see the Casey everyone else did.
Interesting, how many times will Jeff Ashton go in and out of retirement from the DAs
office???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2012, 03:40 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
2,637 posts, read 10,970,802 times
Reputation: 3548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
While I'm no fan of Casey Anthoney and truly wish the whole thing would go away, Zenaida Gonzalez shouldn't have any chance at this trial. At no time did CA point to her or a picture of her and say this was the babysitter. Fair is fair.
True, but Casey did give her name her to the police, accusing her of KIDNAPPING which is of course a very serious crime, and the media picked that up and her name was broadcast far and wide. No one would have ever known who Zenaida Gonzalez is if not for Casey Anthony giving her name, and she is forever going to be linked to this case and known as Zanny the Nanny. Seems like she has a case to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2012, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 44,682,318 times
Reputation: 58626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
While I'm no fan of Casey Anthoney and truly wish the whole thing would go away, Zenaida Gonzalez shouldn't have any chance at this trial. At no time did CA point to her or a picture of her and say this was the babysitter. Fair is fair.

There was so much evidence that either wasn't allowed or wasn't used in this trial. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why. The prosecutor is now running for State Attorney....he won't get my vote.

Don't be so quick to blame the judge.....he has laws he has to follow too. We need to get some of these laws changed.
I don't feel she got a jury of her peers because the jury was never allowed to see the Casey everyone else did.
Also living in Orlando, I agree with all your points Sue. If the jury was actually with LOCAL people, as I think it always should be, she wouldn't have gotten a not-guilty verdict. I think everyone concerned, other than perhaps her mom, knew she was guilty from the beginning of the whole mess.

Everyone also knows Ms. Gonzales was MADE UP...so I can't see where her name being used would hurt her life in any way. If anything, someone would probably give her a break because of it.

I love the way the judge has handled this case. He earned my respect from the start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2012, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,822,269 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Interesting, how many times will Jeff Ashton go in and out of retirement from the DAs
office???
Who knows? When your the best....your the best. Everyone wants you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
True, but Casey did give her name her to the police, accusing her of KIDNAPPING which is of course a very serious crime, and the media picked that up and her name was broadcast far and wide.
Yeah, but was Casey A. just making up a name or was she talking about that women specificly? Anyone can just make up a name off the top of their head and chances are it belongs to someone, somewhere in the world.

I want to see this women win her case simply because I want to see Casey pay through the nose, I'm big enough to admit that. As far as ZG having a real case against Casey A.? No I dont think she does and if I'm setting emotion aside, I dont think she should win { unless casey anthony was trying to implicate this women specificly.....then she does have a case }
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 05:55 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
2,637 posts, read 10,970,802 times
Reputation: 3548
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah, but was Casey A. just making up a name or was she talking about that women specificly? Anyone can just make up a name off the top of their head and chances are it belongs to someone, somewhere in the world.
Casey got Zenaida's name from one of those forms that you fill out to view an apartment that Z.G. had recently visited, Casey's boyfriend's apartment complex if I recall correctly. She was in fact giving the name of a specific person who lived in Orlando to the cops, claiming that she forcibly kidnapped her daughter. This was not some name she pulled out of thin air that just happened to be shared by a real person, she knew this was a real person's name when she gave it to the cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,822,269 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Casey got Zenaida's name from one of those forms that you fill out to view an apartment that Z.G. had recently visited, Casey's boyfriend's apartment complex if I recall correctly. She was in fact giving the name of a specific person who lived in Orlando to the cops, claiming that she forcibly kidnapped her daughter. This was not some name she pulled out of thin air that just happened to be shared by a real person, she knew this was a real person's name when she gave it to the cops.
Well in that case, ZG does have a good case against Casey A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 PM
 
9,917 posts, read 9,329,221 times
Reputation: 8058
ZG lost her job ... she had a media circus outside of home. Her children were harassed. When Casey gave the name of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez to LEO they located 12 or 13 in the US ... they checked each person out and only one resided in Florida ... this was still when Caylee was in the 'missing' phase of the investigation. Once the media received info on the name of the kidnapper, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez (aka Zanny the Nanny) her life as she knew it went to heck.

Is that not slander? Here you are living peacefully, going on your merry way and WHAM you have kidnapped a child that you had been taking care of ... that you have never heard of in the first place.

LEO has all the info Casey gave them on recordings naming ZG as the nanny and kidnapper. Think about it ... here you may be sitting one day trying to keep the power bill paid, shoes on the kids feet and your name pops up on NBC, ABC, CBS and cable news as the kidnapper of a missing child!

Another thing sort of off the subject ... but is "nanny" now the political correct term for a babysitter or sitter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 03:28 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,818,523 times
Reputation: 26120
"Child Care Professional" for those who want to be "PC".

The issue is that Casey was so specific on the name. She should have just picked "Mary Smith", or something more generic. Because she was so specific, using the entire name "ZFG", that will nail her. But, of course she has not had to say a word, due to her appeals. Sickening. She will skate free on this too, no doubt due to being "indigent".

There is something wrong with our entire system. That lying, criminals like her just destroy lives, and there are no consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top