Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

true. most defense attys advise their clients not to take the polygraph. not saying its right, but thats the law.

Annie, yes George is sort of a sympathetic character. he seemed to truly love that little girl Caylee. The rest of them used her as an object. A true trait of narcissistic families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
true. most defense attys advise their clients not to take the polygraph. not saying its right, but thats the law.

Annie, yes George is sort of a sympathetic character. he seemed to truly love that little girl Caylee. The rest of them used her as an object. A true trait of narcissistic families.
I wouldn't take it no matter what the atty. advised me to do. for the simple fact that a slight fever, coupled with one cup of coffee too many that morning, and a little bit of stress over the situation could make you flunk it, whether you were telling the truth or not.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:42 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

George is a strange one to me ... he knew out front before the trial that Baez was going to accuse him of molesting Casey. When Jeff Ashton and Linda Burdick found that out they called the Anthony's lawyer and requested a meeting to advise George. Baez never told them anything.

I think George will eventually hang it up and hit the road leaving Cindy behind especially if she allows Casey to return home ... unless big money starts rolling in to the Anthony coffers.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:40 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Good post, but I respectfuly disagree with the majority of it. Rather than pick it apart piece by piece, let me just say this. You take any family, and pick apart the dynamics and inner workings of it, and lay it all out there on display, you are going to find what some would call, "dysfunction" Add the mysterious death of a charished 2 year old family member to that equation, along with your own child in prison because they are suspected of the death, and you are going to find extreme dysfunction, no doubt about it

Not necessarily. If I were suspected of a crime, there is no way that I would take a lie detector test even if I were innocent. Think about it, those machines are designed to detect spikes in persperation, blood pressure, hightened breathing.....all indicators of nervousness. If you are being suspected of a crime for which you didn't commit, you ARE going to be nervous. There is a reason the results of such tests are inadmissible in a court of law.
Thanks Whippersnapper...I agree that most families put under a microscope would not fair well and the media "spin" can make an ordinary family look "crazy" "suspicious" "guilty", my opinion is based on how I've seen this family behave in public, during their police/public interviews and letters Cindy and George have written.

Despite lie detectors not being reliable or admissible I am curious what the results would've been...the whole family lies...it is definitely not as clear cut as people would like and I am sure there is so much more to this case than we will ever know, that is, unless Casey, Lee, Cindy, or George decide to "tell the truth" and we believe them.

Again, I must state that all this is just my observations and opinions about a case that has saturated the local media since 2008.

TY

Old 01-14-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Thanks Whippersnapper...I agree that most families put under a microscope would not fair well and the media "spin" can make an ordinary family look "crazy" "suspicious" "guilty", my opinion is based on how I've seen this family behave in public, during their police/public interviews and letters Cindy and George have written.

Despite lie detectors not being reliable or admissible I am curious what the results would've been...the whole family lies...it is definitely not as clear cut as people would like and I am sure there is so much more to this case than we will ever know, that is, unless Casey, Lee, Cindy, or George decide to "tell the truth" and we believe them.

Again, I must state that all this is just my observations and opinions about a case that has saturated the local media since 2008.

TY
I agree ... when the verdict was read ... my initial reaction beyond shock was ... they did it ... the whole Anthony family did it ... then seeing Cindy leave that courtroom having to control her smirk/smile/laughter as George was holding on to her ... I could just see Cindy, George, Lee and Casey doing high fives ... WE DID IT ANTHONY FAMILY WAY TO GO!!!

It became so evident toward the end of the trial that the family was circling the Anthony wagon and doing whatever to get one of their own released ... forget about Caylee she was gone anyway.

Yes I am a mother, yes I have three grown children and one grandchild that I love unconditionally but if they did something wrong I would never condone it nor aid and assist to lie about it and cover it up.

Just my own humble opinion.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I believe Cyndy felt guilt. And her protectiveness of Casey was out of her own guilt. Same with George, he was part of the enabling conspiracy that allowed Casey to live her pretend fantasy life. That was why they protected her.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I believe Cyndy felt guilt. And her protectiveness of Casey was out of her own guilt. Same with George, he was part of the enabling conspiracy that allowed Casey to live her pretend fantasy life. That was why they protected her.
Cindy needs to feel guilty ... she did create the lying by wanting everything to be perfect. It ain't never going to be perfect no matter how much a parent tries to make it appear that way.

We had our two daughters ... no problems at school ... did their homework ... brought home letters regarding meetings, teacher conferences ... oh the bliss ... then our son arrived ... oh my what a world of difference ... nope I don't have homework ... nope the teacher don't need to see you ... unknown to him I was always ... weekly in touch with his teachers. LOL

When he was five years old we visited a friend ... 35 miles away ... after the visit and we pulled up in our driveway he asked to go to the store .. he didn't have any money!! He pulled our a dollar ... 'where did you get that!!!!!' He found it at our friend's home ... nope that don't get it.

We pulled out of the driveway and drove the 35 miles back to the friends house ... son was crying, tears and snot everywhere ... I had called our friends and told them do not give him the dollar ... do not say it is ok ... which she had already said it was ok on the phone and I said NO. He begged and hated us and screamed don't make me do this.

We stayed in the car and he had to get out of the car ... ring her doorbell and return the dollar and apologize. I did wipe the tears and snot off of him. He is 34 years old and never again in his life has he stolen one thing. As a parent that was a hard thing to do but we felt it was a necessary lesson.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:30 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I agree ... when the verdict was read ... my initial reaction beyond shock was ... they did it ... the whole Anthony family did it ... then seeing Cindy leave that courtroom having to control her smirk/smile/laughter as George was holding on to her ... I could just see Cindy, George, Lee and Casey doing high fives ... WE DID IT ANTHONY FAMILY WAY TO GO!!!

It became so evident toward the end of the trial that the family was circling the Anthony wagon and doing whatever to get one of their own released ... forget about Caylee she was gone anyway.
I agree on everything here except when it comes to George. I didn't really see him as trying to protect her at trial. It seemed to me that he was torn between two things...... the love he had for his daughter, and what he knew to be the truth.....and he went with the truth.

Quote:
Yes I am a mother, yes I have three grown children and one grandchild that I love unconditionally but if they did something wrong I would never condone it nor aid and assist to lie about it and cover it up.

Just my own humble opinion.
Ah but see CarolinaWomen, you would have to first accept that your child did it, which is something Cindy has not done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Cindy needs to feel guilty ... she did create the lying by wanting everything to be perfect. It ain't never going to be perfect no matter how much a parent tries to make it appear that way.

We had our two daughters ... no problems at school ... did their homework ... brought home letters regarding meetings, teacher conferences ... oh the bliss ... then our son arrived ... oh my what a world of difference ... nope I don't have homework ... nope the teacher don't need to see you ... unknown to him I was always ... weekly in touch with his teachers. LOL

When he was five years old we visited a friend ... 35 miles away ... after the visit and we pulled up in our driveway he asked to go to the store .. he didn't have any money!! He pulled our a dollar ... 'where did you get that!!!!!' He found it at our friend's home ... nope that don't get it.

We pulled out of the driveway and drove the 35 miles back to the friends house ... son was crying, tears and snot everywhere ... I had called our friends and told them do not give him the dollar ... do not say it is ok ... which she had already said it was ok on the phone and I said NO. He begged and hated us and screamed don't make me do this.

We stayed in the car and he had to get out of the car ... ring her doorbell and return the dollar and apologize. I did wipe the tears and snot off of him. He is 34 years old and never again in his life has he stolen one thing. As a parent that was a hard thing to do but we felt it was a necessary lesson.
You sound like a good mom CW. When I was a child, I stile a solitary battery off of the shelf at a gas station...... which I was made to take back and admit what I had done.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:37 PM

[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;22546770]
Quote:

I agree on everything here except when it comes to George. I didn't really see him as trying to protect her at trial. It seemed to me that he was torn between two things...... the love he had for his daughter, and what he knew to be the truth.....and he went with the truth.
Maybe not George ... the trial was the first time, we the public, heard that Casey was claiming he molested her. It was a total shock to me and I can imagine the pain he experienced when he learned that info would be brought out in the courtroom for all the world to hear. I never believed he molested Casey and still don't believe the drowning.

Personally I think if Caylee was floating in the pool and George found her George would have called 911 immediately and not the scenario Baez and Casey offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You sound like a good mom CW. When I was a child, I stile a solitary battery off of the shelf at a gas station...... which I was made to take back and admit what I had done.
You know it really hurt me and hubby to do that to our son ... we would probably be arrested for child abuse now. But it had to be done. As you learned you do not forget those lessons.

Our daughters had an 11:00 PM curfew when teens going out and our son had a 12:00 curfew allowing him time to take a date home ... 'cause.... said mom "nothing good happens after midnight." LOL Which is the truth ... I have always been a night owl and recently sent my son an email after 2:00 AM ... I had a reply the next day ... MOTHER ... what are you doing it's 2:00AM and you know nothing good happens after midnight!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 02:25 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I live locally to this tragic, bizarre story...My initial thoughts when the story first broke was "What happened in that girl's life growing up that caused this brokenness?? Severe abuse (i.e. sexual abuse) can break a person inside and out; cause him/her to do horrific things to themselves and/or others.

As the story progressed, my next thoughts were…Casey would throw her whole family under the bus to save her own skin…

There is not a simple answer…

Cindy has extreme severe issues with denial and of enabling ALL her family members…or she is just as cunning as her daughter is. The sly grin on her face when the Not Guilty verdict was read turned my stomach…

George's suicide note was IMO self serving!!! He totally left a trail of breadcrumbs so someone would find him the day of his "suicide attempt". Daytona Beach is loaded with hotel/motels where one can easily disappear and not be found...he is IMO as good or a better liar than his daughter…

Lee is very strange, but “normal” compared to the rest of the family…

There is so much more to this tragic case than anyone can ever imagine...

Liars typically have grains of truth sprinkled throughout their lies…

We hear horrific child abuse stories everyday and people frequently are shocked because there were not any obvious signs…what about the stories we don’t hear about until maybe when the child becomes an adult, he/she writes about it or reports it or regrettably hurts his/her self or someone else…

One thing is 100% for sure…there is something VERY WRONG with the whole Anthony family…

Something went wrong in that house long before poor Caylee’s tragic end.

Just my opinions...
I agree. People who don't have their own lives together have no business having kids. They just perpetrate the sickness into future generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime