U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:25 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,495,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I live locally to this tragic, bizarre story...My initial thoughts when the story first broke was "What happened in that girl's life growing up that caused this brokenness?? Severe abuse (i.e. sexual abuse) can break a person inside and out; cause him/her to do horrific things to themselves and/or others.

As the story progressed, my next thoughts were…Casey would throw her whole family under the bus to save her own skin…

There is not a simple answer…

Cindy has extreme severe issues with denial and of enabling ALL her family members…or she is just as cunning as her daughter is. The sly grin on her face when the Not Guilty verdict was read turned my stomach…

George's suicide note was IMO self serving!!! He totally left a trail of breadcrumbs so someone would find him the day of his "suicide attempt". Daytona Beach is loaded with hotel/motels where one can easily disappear and not be found...he is IMO as good or a better liar than his daughter…

Lee is very strange, but “normal” compared to the rest of the family…

There is so much more to this tragic case than anyone can ever imagine...

Liars typically have grains of truth sprinkled throughout their lies…

We hear horrific child abuse stories everyday and people frequently are shocked because there were not any obvious signs…what about the stories we don’t hear about until maybe when the child becomes an adult, he/she writes about it or reports it or regrettably hurts his/her self or someone else…

One thing is 100% for sure…there is something VERY WRONG with the whole Anthony family…

Something went wrong in that house long before poor Caylee’s tragic end.

Just my opinions...
I agree. People who don't have their own lives together have no business having kids. They just perpetrate the sickness into future generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Not necessarily. If I were suspected of a crime, there is no way that I would take a lie detector test even if I were innocent. Think about it, those machines are designed to detect spikes in persperation, blood pressure, hightened breathing.....all indicators of nervousness. If you are being suspected of a crime for which you didn't commit, you ARE going to be nervous. There is a reason the results of such tests are inadmissible in a court of law.
Yes. If the police interview you they are allowed to lie. I have heard that in some cases police chosen administrators of lie detector tests are not unbiased because they want to keep getting police referrals. If you do want to take a test and you are innocent, get the test arranged through your lawyer and pay for it yourself.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
true. most defense attys advise their clients not to take the polygraph. not saying its right, but thats the law.

Annie, yes George is sort of a sympathetic character. he seemed to truly love that little girl Caylee. The rest of them used her as an object. A true trait of narcissistic families.
Yes. Even if Caylee had lived she probably would have had serious problems later on in life.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Cindy needs to feel guilty ... she did create the lying by wanting everything to be perfect. It ain't never going to be perfect no matter how much a parent tries to make it appear that way.

We had our two daughters ... no problems at school ... did their homework ... brought home letters regarding meetings, teacher conferences ... oh the bliss ... then our son arrived ... oh my what a world of difference ... nope I don't have homework ... nope the teacher don't need to see you ... unknown to him I was always ... weekly in touch with his teachers. LOL

When he was five years old we visited a friend ... 35 miles away ... after the visit and we pulled up in our driveway he asked to go to the store .. he didn't have any money!! He pulled our a dollar ... 'where did you get that!!!!!' He found it at our friend's home ... nope that don't get it.

We pulled out of the driveway and drove the 35 miles back to the friends house ... son was crying, tears and snot everywhere ... I had called our friends and told them do not give him the dollar ... do not say it is ok ... which she had already said it was ok on the phone and I said NO. He begged and hated us and screamed don't make me do this.

We stayed in the car and he had to get out of the car ... ring her doorbell and return the dollar and apologize. I did wipe the tears and snot off of him. He is 34 years old and never again in his life has he stolen one thing. As a parent that was a hard thing to do but we felt it was a necessary lesson.
Good for you. I think a lot of parents choose not to invest such time and effort into guiding their child onto the right path as you did. A parent has to make some tough decisions sometimes and never to lose sight of the goal - a healthy and happy adult developing out of your kid.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:35 PM

15,169 posts, read 13,450,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes. Even if Caylee had lived she probably would have had serious problems later on in life.
I have thought about that too.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:35 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,792,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
That doesnt mean caylee deserved to die. This case was a disgusting example of a stupid jury.

regardless of Cindy or george enabling, caylees "mom" is now 24 or so??? she is an adult who should pay the consequences. i wouldnt want my worst enemy to have a psycho daughter like that. I cant even write on this thread anymore since it prolly perpetuates her name. trailer trash child killer.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:02 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,696,359 times
I agree with those that say that it wasn't likely that George was involved. In some ways, I see him as a bit of a victim himself, although I don't necessarily have much sympathy for him.

I think he was totally ramrodded by his wife and daughter from the day his daughter was born and probably had very little authority in that home. That is why I say I don't have much sympathy for him - as an adult, he should have extricated himself from the situation a long time ago.

But I do think that he was totally violated by his daughter and her legal team; I wouldn't be surprised if mom hadn't been in full support of it, too. Anything to get her darling off, no matter who else was hurt in the process.

Nope, no sympathy for the two Anthony women from me. And I guess I didn't follow the trial close enough to have much of an opinion about Lee, but if he has separated himself from his mother, then good for him.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:11 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,798,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Personally I think if Caylee was floating in the pool and George found her George would have called 911 immediately and not the scenario Baez and Casey offered.
I think Ashton said it best in closing when he said " to believe the theory of defense, you would have to allow yourself to fall down a rabbit hole where...... so on and so forth, you remember.

Quote:
"nothing good happens after midnight."
Oh no, more like "nothing good happens BEFORE midnight" lol

Quote:
I have always been a night owl
Me too. A habbit I'm trying { and failing } to break. If I dont have anything to do the next day, I may be up to 4am. Sleep is just such a waste of time.

Quote:
and recently sent my son an email after 2:00 AM ... I had a reply the next day ... MOTHER ... what are you doing it's 2:00AM and you know nothing good happens after midnight!!!
See? Parents think their kids don't listen to them, but they do!

Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 PM

9,916 posts, read 9,312,377 times
Quote:
Me too. A habbit I'm trying { and failing } to break. If I dont have anything to do the next day, I may be up to 4am. Sleep is just such a waste of time.
I have tried to turn it around ... I don't need much sleep and 4am to 9 or 10 is ok ... even 5am ... my doc thought it was wrong and said I had broken my sleep pattern.

He prescribed Ambien and it put me to sleep ... hard sleep for 3 hours and I woke up with one of the "blow the top of my head off headaches." Tried it again and same thing ... didn't take any more. LOL i just cannot get in bed and turn and toss wide awake, tear up my blanket and sheets and keep looking at the clock. Counting them darn sheep don't help either.

Quote:
See? Parents think their kids don't listen to them, but they do!
I use to play them Three Dog Night's song ... "Mama Told Me Not To Come"

Old 01-16-2012, 05:17 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,833,493 times
George Anthony seemed like the classic passive/aggressive type...don't get mad get even!!From investing money in Nigerian scams or cheating on Cindy...don't feel pity for him at all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or