Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 03:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
No. He didnt kill his own child. not for anyting, but Cindy seemed to rule with an iron fist, she kept Caylee away from whoever the father was, which is wrong imo. Then again that whole family is dysfunctional so I wouldnt even presume to figure them out

The case is a clear testament to need for jury reform, as trial atty Beth Karas mentioned last year. That jury was clearly made up of idiots who believe every crime is solved in black and white.
If he knew he was the father, and had stepped up and payed child support and took Caylee for visitation.....who knows how much differently things could have turned out? Caylee would probably be alive right now. Certainly, it would have taken the wind out of Cindy's sails, as Casey wouldn't have been completely dependent on her mother for money and baby sitting.

How could Cindy have kept Caylee away from the father? She doesn't even know who the father is. I am sure that when Caylee went missing, Cindy would have given his name to the cops if she knew it, because sometimes fathers kidnap the kids. Cindy was desperate to find that baby, she would not have withheld that information, IMO.

Besides, the only guy Casey ever named is dead. If Cindy believed that, why would she worry about the father getting involved with Caylee?

If the father is alive, and didn't step up to help care for Caylee when she was alive.....he would be a disgusting pig if he steps up now to collect blood money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 05:42 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
well, I wouldnt believe Casey if she said the sky was blue. Her mother enabled her in some instances. I have no sympathy for any of them.

That trial was a farce, Poor Caylee. i really have no other thoughts on it because it was a disgrace to the justice system.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:49 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If he knew he was the father, and had stepped up and payed child support and took Caylee for visitation.....who knows how much differently things could have turned out? why would she worry about the father getting involved with Caylee?

If the father is alive, and didn't step up to help care for Caylee when she was alive.....he would be a disgusting pig if he steps up now to collect blood money.
Maybe the father was a no good meth head, alcoholic with enoughh common sense to figure out that the child would have had a better life if he just disappeared....{ or so he may have thought anyway}

There would be a lot of factors to consider before you could judge him for not being in Caylee's life. Sometimes disappearing is the best thing a parent can do for their child.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
WS88, so true. and with the wackjobs in that family I wouldnt blame the guy for running away.

Cindy is a publicity hound narcissist like her daughter. You lead by example, there's a reason her daughter is a monster (not all her fault, but she enabled it).

Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
WS88, so true. and with the wackjobs in that family I wouldnt blame the guy for running away.

Cindy is a publicity hound narcissist like her daughter. You lead by example, there's a reason her daughter is a monster (not all her fault, but she enabled it).
I dont hold much against Cindy. Sure she's delusional, but she cant cope with the fact that her own daughter would murder her grandaughter so she puts up all these defenses and justifies it in her mind, to be expected, imo.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
And all those who subscribe to any web-casts by Casey are?

Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And all those who subscribe to any web-casts by Casey are?
Webcasts? There are none. Anyway, I would call them sick murderer groupies.....they all have groupies.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,135 times
I live locally to this tragic, bizarre story...My initial thoughts when the story first broke was "What happened in that girl's life growing up that caused this brokenness?? Severe abuse (i.e. sexual abuse) can break a person inside and out; cause him/her to do horrific things to themselves and/or others.

As the story progressed, my next thoughts were…Casey would throw her whole family under the bus to save her own skin…

There is not a simple answer…

Cindy has extreme severe issues with denial and of enabling ALL her family members…or she is just as cunning as her daughter is. The sly grin on her face when the Not Guilty verdict was read turned my stomach…

George's suicide note was IMO self serving!!! He totally left a trail of breadcrumbs so someone would find him the day of his "suicide attempt". Daytona Beach is loaded with hotel/motels where one can easily disappear and not be found...he is IMO as good or a better liar than his daughter…

Lee is very strange, but “normal” compared to the rest of the family…

There is so much more to this tragic case than anyone can ever imagine...

Liars typically have grains of truth sprinkled throughout their lies…

We hear horrific child abuse stories everyday and people frequently are shocked because there were not any obvious signs…what about the stories we don’t hear about until maybe when the child becomes an adult, he/she writes about it or reports it or regrettably hurts his/her self or someone else…

One thing is 100% for sure…there is something VERY WRONG with the whole Anthony family…

Something went wrong in that house long before poor Caylee’s tragic end.

Just my opinions...

Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,135 times
One other thing...the WHOLE family refused to take lie detector tests...that is very telling IMO...they are all hiding something...
I also read some of the letters Cindy sent to Casey in jail and George's suicide letter...something is not right with that family...

IMHO

Old 01-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I live locally to this tragic, bizarre story...My initial thoughts when the story first broke was "What happened in that girl's life growing up that caused this brokenness?? Severe abuse (i.e. sexual abuse) can break a person inside and out; cause him/her to do horrific things to themselves and/or others.

As the story progressed, my next thoughts were…Casey would throw her whole family under the bus to save her own skin…

There is not a simple answer…

Cindy has extreme severe issues with denial and of enabling ALL her family members…or she is just as cunning as her daughter is. The sly grin on her face when the Not Guilty verdict was read turned my stomach…

George's suicide note was IMO self serving!!! He totally left a trail of breadcrumbs so someone would find him the day of his "suicide attempt". Daytona Beach is loaded with hotel/motels where one can easily disappear and not be found...he is IMO as good or a better liar than his daughter…

Lee is very strange, but “normal” compared to the rest of the family…

There is so much more to this tragic case than anyone can ever imagine...

Liars typically have grains of truth sprinkled throughout their lies…

We hear horrific child abuse stories everyday and people frequently are shocked because there were not any obvious signs…what about the stories we don’t hear about until maybe when the child becomes an adult, he/she writes about it or reports it or regrettably hurts his/her self or someone else…

One thing is 100% for sure…there is something VERY WRONG with the whole Anthony family…

Something went wrong in that house long before poor Caylee’s tragic end.

Just my opinions...
Good post, but I respectfuly disagree with the majority of it. Rather than pick it apart piece by piece, let me just say this. You take any family, and pick apart the dynamics and inner workings of it, and lay it all out there on display, you are going to find what some would call, "dysfunction" Add the mysterious death of a charished 2 year old family member to that equation, along with your own child in prison because they are suspected of the death, and you are going to find extreme dysfunction, no doubt about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
One other thing...the WHOLE family refused to take lie detector tests...that is very telling IMO...they are all hiding something...
I also read some of the letters Cindy sent to Casey in jail and George's suicide letter...something is not right with that family...

IMHO
Not necessarily. If I were suspected of a crime, there is no way that I would take a lie detector test even if I were innocent. Think about it, those machines are designed to detect spikes in persperation, blood pressure, hightened breathing.....all indicators of nervousness. If you are being suspected of a crime for which you didn't commit, you ARE going to be nervous. There is a reason the results of such tests are inadmissible in a court of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime