Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 12:51 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times

Advertisements

Ayla Reynolds, 20 months old, disappeared from her bed this past Friday night. She was in her bed asleep at 10:00 PM
and gone Saturday morning. Her father reported her missing at 8:50 AM Saturday.

This is just weird ... Baby Lisa just disappears and now this baby is gone. Apparently these people don't lock their doors.

The mother is bashing the dad ... but DSS placed Ayla with her dad in November as the mother was in rehab for substance abuse.

Missing Maine Toddler Ayla Reynolds: River Search Reveals Nothing - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 09:40 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Someone knows the answers. I hope these babies are safe in new homes...but I am afraid the answer is not that happy.

Seems like anyone can just say "the baby is missing", no body, no crime...I think a lot of people learned from Casey Anthony how to get away with crime. And if the body is recovered, no evidence of how baby died, make up whatever story you want.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:40 AM

Someone knows the answers. I hope these babies are safe in new homes...but I am afraid the answer is not that happy.

Seems like anyone can just say "the baby is missing", no body, no crime...I think a lot of people learned from Casey Anthony how to get away with crime. And if the body is recovered, no evidence of how baby died, make up whatever story you want.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:38 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,322 times
I must honestly say that when I hear/read stories like this one, I get extemely upset - as a mom [parent] who lost a child [3 1/2 yrs old] I acknowledge that I can not be objective at all, as much as I try to be. I have exceptionally strong opinions about missing / assaulted / murdered children, for whatever the reason seems to be, or does, in fact become.

And, I can also honestly admit that as much as I believe I am a fair, reasonable and 'just' [in the context of just in judicial proceedings] I cannot in cases involving children as victims. No doubt I am not alone w/this sentiment.

I know I could never sit as a juror in such a case and no defense attorney would want me on a jury either.

What I do believe and would much rather see, always, is a parent [mom] relinquishing that child, whether on a church step, fire station, wherever, and not face criminal charges for leaving that child if that parent believes that they [parents] know they will not be stellar parents, that they may hurt that child somehow - and that parent not be criminally charged - if that action can save a child from future abuse, assault, death -

It has been years since my daughter's death, yet, to this day, I cannot even watch a show that entails any harm / death to a child when in all likelihood that child could have been saved from that life of hell.

How can this little child be missing? Not hardly did this child crawl out of the room, unlock a front door and leave...

Old 12-20-2011, 01:53 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I must honestly say that when I hear/read stories like this one, I get extemely upset - as a mom [parent] who lost a child [3 1/2 yrs old] I acknowledge that I can not be objective at all, as much as I try to be.

How can this little child be missing? Not hardly did this child crawl out of the room, unlock a front door and leave...
I am sorry about your loss ... I know you have heard that many times. As a mother I cannot conceive of your real pain because I have never had to face the horror and pain of losing a child.

I cannot watch movies, investigative shows or read books when it involves harming a child. I was drawn into the Caylee Anthony case visiting our son in Florida before the case went national. With the internet it seems the abuse, killing, molesting of little ones receives high visibility ... often just for a short time.

I still don't understand how Baby Lisa and Baby Ayla can just ... disappear!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:16 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,322 times
I still don't understand how Baby Lisa and Baby Ayla can just ... disappear!

Can't agree with you more! And, to not only wonder how these children can simply just disappear, but how can anyone, especially the parent, grandparent, babysitter, whomever, say I have no idea! Who is watching that cradle?

I would think that law enforcement would also wonder how a child simply disappears??

I do not understand and I will never understand.

Thanks for your kind words Carolina!

Old 12-21-2011, 06:04 PM

I am sorry for your loss. Losing a child is wrenching, emotional pain, that it is always present.

The whole thing is creepy. But, there are coorelations to a bad economy, and child abuse/do

Old 12-23-2011, 08:11 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I must honestly say that when I hear/read stories like this one, I get extemely upset - as a mom [parent] who lost a child [3 1/2 yrs old] I acknowledge that I can not be objective at all, as much as I try to be. I have exceptionally strong opinions about missing / assaulted / murdered children, for whatever the reason seems to be, or does, in fact become.

And, I can also honestly admit that as much as I believe I am a fair, reasonable and 'just' [in the context of just in judicial proceedings] I cannot in cases involving children as victims. No doubt I am not alone w/this sentiment.

I know I could never sit as a juror in such a case and no defense attorney would want me on a jury either.

What I do believe and would much rather see, always, is a parent [mom] relinquishing that child, whether on a church step, fire station, wherever, and not face criminal charges for leaving that child if that parent believes that they [parents] know they will not be stellar parents, that they may hurt that child somehow - and that parent not be criminally charged - if that action can save a child from future abuse, assault, death -

It has been years since my daughter's death, yet, to this day, I cannot even watch a show that entails any harm / death to a child when in all likelihood that child could have been saved from that life of hell.

I am so sorry for your loss...

Old 12-23-2011, 08:12 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am sorry for your loss. Losing a child is wrenching, emotional pain, that it is always present.

The whole thing is creepy. But, there are coorelations to a bad economy, and child abuse/do
I've read this too. Children are seen as a burden in a bad economy.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Unfortunately you have to take a test to drive a car...any moron can have a child!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime