U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 06:29 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,732,472 times

Advertisements

What I have noticed about child abusers, is that they seem to have two problems
1. Rage/anger against society, a socio-economic problem, work stress,
2. Powerlessness, they feel a lack of power and control in their lives.

This is aside from substance abuse, I have seen drug addicts neglect kids, and sexually abuse kids, but not with sustained rage and torture like this case.

Then, there are people who are just evil. They like to inflict pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 07:12 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,121,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Then, there are people who are just evil. They like to inflict pain.
I think this fits Brandon. From what I can find, he had a normal background. He was a druggie and a dealer......and an immature scumbag who took his rage out on a defenseless child, over 4 long, horrible days, with Dominick screaming "Mommy, make him stop....."

Old 01-20-2012, 07:10 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,352,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I have not watched any news on this and honestly, I cannot. Horrible. Does remind me of the Lisa Steinberg case - she was I think, 4 or 5 when she died because of abuse and assault and other horrors. Just from reading the snipets above, all are accountable, in my opinion and all should be held responsible and pay the consequences.

I simply do not, cannot, nor will not ever understand the depths of such cruelty and depravation in a person. Never.
Lisa was 6.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:12 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,352,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Does anyone know anything about Brandon's background/childhood? I am having a hard time understanding how he was able to maintain that level of rage for days on end. Was this a drug induced psychosis? Is he just a sociopath, which I don't think, but I am not sure. I know nothing about his background and history. It goes without saying that this story is beyond awful. I can't even go there, so I am trying to look at this situation from a clinical perspective.
Hayes is only 26, and much younger than that emotionally because he started using drugs at the usual age. He did not have the insight to see that he could not handle a partner with small children, or the smarts to see that what he was doing was wrong.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:07 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,307,633 times
Corrine and Hayes will both be sentenced on Feb 27.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime