U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 09:54 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,682,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sadly, this is common.
And not just in North Carolina.

A couple of years ago, a guy just down the highway from me was caught having sex with the family's malamutes by a woman he had just met and brought home for the evening.

She called her husband to come get her (I know - I didn't get it either) and then she reported him.

This is a very tiny community and this made the county-wide newspaper. I sure hated to see the name of this community dragged into a scandal like that.

But worse than that, his picture, name, the road he lived on were all in the paper. His younger brother is a good friend of my son's and that poor kid didn't go to school for some time after that.

(I started to post a clip about this from an animal abuse watch group newsletter, but it gave his name and location and I don't want to do that to his family - especially his younger brother. I'm sure they suffered enough - they don't need to have a relative or someone they know read this and then go through that humiliation again.)

Old 01-18-2012, 09:11 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,471,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
So we should shut down the meat industry then and put eveyone who eats meat though rehab? Just asking. By the way, I'm very pro animal rights just so you know. I just find the lunatic fringe element that seems to be developing that values animals(dogs basically) ABOVE humans in many cases to be extremely disturbing and a twisted way of thinking.

It's a lot more than vocal cords. A dog can't even recogzise that he's looking at himself in the mirror.
I am sure that some dogs can. My cat can. Really, and I have heard of other cat owners saying the same. If I wave at him when he is looking in the mirror, he turns and looks at me, knowing that the mirror is merely a reflection of me.

Look at the corvids who are caught making tools. I think you are laboring under some archaic ideas of animals. We are just another form of animal life on this planet and I'm sure each has its own type of intelligence. Some are even smart by the standards by which we measure ourselves.

I think everyone must have seen Dr Peppercorn work with her birds.

Yes, vocal chords are important, because if you can communicate in that way it is easier for subsequent thought to be conceptual, which offers a great leap in the way WE measure intelligence.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Well that sums up my point. Can someone else on this forum please tell me what a sick statement that is.
Sure, if you take it out of context the way you just did.
Why would you do such a thing?
Do you consider that we are all here seeking some form of truth or is this just a forum for you to enjoy pulverizing people?
Not nice behavior, twisting another's words to serve your own ends.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,129,232 times
At least it wasn't a male dog...

Old 01-18-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
It was edited out...LOL
Gee, Mike, you must have missed it.

Please see comment number 23.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,496,288 times
I'm not sure what the talk about pedophiles and homosexuals is about in this thread. Neither has the slightest relation to a sexual attraction to non-human animals (zoophilia). The latter is a psychological paraphilia which, when acted upon, often results in the torturous abuse of those animals. Outside of The United States, bestiality is more frequently being addressed via animal abuse regulations.

People who are sexually attracted to animals are obviously suffering from an extreme psychological condition. Whether one argues that zoophilia is a "sexual orientation" with which the subject is born, or an aberration which develops during their sexual maturation; there is no homosexual/heterosexual component, nor is there any connection with an attraction to pre-pubescent humans (pedophilia).

Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 AM

2,601 posts, read 2,765,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
I'm not sure what the talk about pedophiles and homosexuals is about in this thread. Neither has the slightest relation to a sexual attraction to non-human animals (zoophilia). The latter is a psychological paraphilia which, when acted upon, often results in the torturous abuse of those animals. Outside of The United States, bestiality is more frequently being addressed via animal abuse regulations.

People who are sexually attracted to animals are obviously suffering from an extreme psychological condition. Whether one argues that zoophilia is a "sexual orientation" with which the subject is born, or an aberration which develops during their sexual maturation; there is no homosexual/heterosexual component, nor is there any connection with an attraction to pre-pubescent humans (pedophilia).
Good point. That's what I was trying to say. No connection between animals and pedophilia.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:45 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,053,801 times
Do these people truly have a sexual attraction to an animal??? Is that even possible??? Or are their minds just not really thinking about what they are doing? Is it documented that people can really have a sexual attraction to an animal?

Old 01-18-2012, 02:53 PM

8,955 posts, read 17,693,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
A Cumberland County NC man has been arrested after his neighbor says she saw him having sex with her dog.

The mixed-breed female was taken to a veterinarian, who recovered a DNA sample. Mitcham was arrested Monday after his DNA profile matched the sample recovered from the pooch.

Thank goodness for DNA! That would be difficult to handle with all the neighbors, friends and relatives aware of your sexual preference.

Man Charged With Having Sex With Dog - News Story - WCTI New Bern
Yeww! Vomit!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:22 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,765,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
Do these people truly have a sexual attraction to an animal??? Is that even possible??? Or are their minds just not really thinking about what they are doing? Is it documented that people can really have a sexual attraction to an animal?
I don't know for sure, but probably just using the animal as a masturbation tool. I mean seriously....god gave you a hand for a reason. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or