U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 03:01 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,383,905 times

Advertisements

As per two minutes' ago, this is Yahoo article as per Casey Anthony.

Casey Anthony Amazed Analysts With Her Emotional Calm - Yahoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 08:49 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,857,912 times
I don't buy this psychiartists opinion, that Casey was calm, due to learning how to disassociate because of her childhood trauma.

Sounds like psychobabble right out of some book.

The reality, that few mental health professionals like, is that there are people who don't act according to the "books", these people are wired differently. They react differently, because they ARE different. It is not due to "childhood trauma". Why? Because everyone in prison states they were abused as kids, and yet, there are people out in society who have also been abused, and are not criminals.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:11 PM

13,694 posts, read 15,698,252 times
The witch is a liar.

A pathological psychotic liar.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:57 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,841,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't buy this psychiartists opinion, that Casey was calm, due to learning how to disassociate because of her childhood trauma.

Sounds like psychobabble right out of some book.

The reality, that few mental health professionals like, is that there are people who don't act according to the "books", these people are wired differently. They react differently, because they ARE different. It is not due to "childhood trauma". Why? Because everyone in prison states they were abused as kids, and yet, there are people out in society who have also been abused, and are not criminals.
Not buying the dissociation bs.. She is "Sybil" a multiple personality now

remember serial killers "The Hilldside Stranglers" in L.A, in the 1970's, Ken Bianchi tried to use "MPD diagnosis" (lied to all his psychiatrists) as an excuse for serial murder. seems psycho casey fits right in with them. She killed that baby and now wants empathy for being supposedly "raped" .

Kenneth Bianchi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,857,912 times
Few mental health professionals grew up with criminals, and criminal thinking. For the most part, they grew up in wealthy homes, had plenty of support to attend college, and graduate school. Not really an environment conducive to understanding how sociopaths think, or the manipulation games they play.

One of the best guys I ever met was a psych tech, at the psych unit at a state prison. He was a retired Army Sargent, working on his second pension. That guy knew people, and could smell BS a mile away. I learned more about criminals and criminal thinking from him than 2 years of grad school. And...he never really talked to my supervisor, because my supervisor, a PhD Neuro-Psychologist, just acted like he was all that...too smart to talk to a psych tech. And my supervisor, was conned more than once by criminals..like Casey.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,841,591 times
Good point jasper. They will stop at nothing to get what they want. Lying is normal to them.

That was the first thing I noticed w. bizarre stories casey would tell, to the police, her parents etc.

the Bianchi case is interesting bcs ken bianchi was intelligent, crafty and faked having a psychology degree while murdering women. VERY similar imo to casey, she thinks she is too smart to get caught etc. and yes they have the ability to manipulate. Sort of like an addict (my ex BIL was one) could talk his way out of a car wreck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime