U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:42 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,887,753 times

Advertisements

I see a Dorothy Simms book in the future. This one will be on my read list.

Last edited by virgode; 01-17-2012 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: Wordsworth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 01:14 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,783,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I see a Dorothy Simms book in the future. This one will be on my read list.
You want to read the book of the atty. who did practically nothing in the courtroom except hug casey and assure her everything would be fine?

Old 01-17-2012, 03:15 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,301,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I wonder how much money she owes to Baez? Did the state of Florida pay all of his fee or only part of it? Anybody know how that works?
Actually Baez took his first payment out of the ABC TV money she received for the videos and pictures of Caylee ... Judge Perry made Baez give an accounting of the distribution of the $200k ... then in March 2010 Orange County declared Casey indigent and Baez went on the taxpayers dollar/payroll. Cheney Mason, Dorothy Sims and the rest of the group worked pro bono. Baez was receiving taxpayer money after March 2010 as did the witnesses he called.

I searched and searched and cannot find how much Orange County pays an attorney to handle indigent cases. I do know several days after the jury was dismissed for the day and the lawyers and Judge Perry would stay behind to discuss things my internet live stream carried that portion.

Baez would start the whining needing more money for this or that. Even the witnesses he called ... the plant lady, the bug man from Nebraska, Dr. 'the whacko' Spitz, the doping or drinking grief woman the taxpayers of Florida paid the bill for those people ... lodging, travel and whatever fees they charged to testified.

It was like the A team came in for Burdick, Ashton & George and then Baez went to the highways and byways and picked up his witnesses.

Civil attorney Charles Greene was court appointed to defend Casey in the Zenaida Gonzalez case ... so the Florida taxpayers are paying him too ... since she is still classified as indigent ... even though she has a new computer, cell phone, cam, a puppy and new piercings.

Apparently Dorothy Sims was working pro bono on the appeal of the four lies to LEO and now she wants to bail ... so I assume if Orange County releases Sims another lawyer, at Florida taxpayers expense, will be appointed by the courts to represent Casey in her appeal ... whoopee just keep the taxpayer dollars rolling!!!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You want to read the book of
the atty. who did practically nothing in the courtroom except hug casey and assure her everything would be fine?
Yep. Her vantage point could be interesting.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You want to read the book of the atty. who did practically nothing in the courtroom except hug casey and assure her everything would be fine?
The few times they let Dorothy Sims speak she was too soft spoken and squeaky. She didn't really bring any pazazz to the courtroom ... Linda Drane Burdick could run circles around Sims.

She did excel at hugging and patting ... must be her forte!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,783,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The few times they let Dorothy Sims speak she was too soft spoken and squeaky. She didn't really bring any pazazz to the courtroom ... Linda Drane Burdick could run circles around Sims.

She did excel at hugging and patting ... must be her forte!
good work if you can get it.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:18 PM

126 posts, read 178,619 times
I couldn't care less what Baez has done or his next move....I am a conservative that would be more interested in Joan (Baez) than Jose.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:26 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,116,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRighti View Post
I couldn't care less what Baez has done or his next move....I am a conservative that would be more interested in Joan (Baez) than Jose.
I don't mean to be snarky but, why did you open this thread then.....?

Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I don't mean to be snarky but, why did you open this thread then.....?
I personally don't give a hoot what they do either, they're the train wreck I can't resist rubbernecking.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I personally don't give a hoot what they do either, they're the train wreck I can't resist rubbernecking.
I want to see them pushing a grocery cart ... homeless living on the streets of Florida ... with cardboard signs "will work for beer." You think maybe Joan is akin to Jose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or