U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,313,625 times

Advertisements

Baez tendered his resignation to Casey Anthony according to TMZ tonight. In addition Geraldo said Jose is relocating his practice to Miami, Florida.

Dorothy Sims, the member of Casey's defense dedicated to appealing her fraud conviction (the crime she's currently on probation for), filed paperwork in Orlando court yesterday seeking to remove herself as the client of record for the case.

Casey Anthony's Lawyer Jose Baez -- I QUIT! | TMZ.com

It appears Cheney Mason is now her best attorney forever (BAF) ... I have never seen an attorney that just hangs on forever. In most cases it's give me my money, go to trial and goodbye have a nice life.

The Daily Beast reported Baezís inability to win her a TV, book, or movie deal. Anthony apparently gave Baez until the end of the year to come up with a deal, and absent that anointed Mason as her official liaison.

The DB also reported ...they obtained information that Casey had recently resumed communicating with her brother, Lee, who in turn has been passing the messages on to their mother, Cindy. Back to the high fives and one big happy family again!

Casey Anthony

From the owner of the website TheDirty.com they have offered Casey $350,000 ... "I just want to confirm rumors going around the internet. Yes, I am trying to make a deal with Casey Anthony and Yes, the whole world will watch this interview. Itís not Blood Money, itís real life and people need to hear her side. Casey this is AmericaÖ let TheDirty.com be your voice." The letter to Baez is on their website.

The Dirty | Nik Richie + Dirty Army intel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 10:40 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,080,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Baez tendered his resignation to Casey Anthony according to TMZ tonight. In addition Geraldo said Jose is relocating his practice to Miami, Florida.

Dorothy Sims, the member of Casey's defense dedicated to appealing her fraud conviction (the crime she's currently on probation for), filed paperwork in Orlando court yesterday seeking to remove herself as the client of record for the case.

Casey Anthony's Lawyer Jose Baez -- I QUIT! | TMZ.com

It appears Cheney Mason is now her best attorney forever (BAF) ... I have never seen an attorney that just hangs on forever. In most cases it's give me my money, go to trial and goodbye have a nice life.

The Daily Beast reported Baezís inability to win her a TV, book, or movie deal. Anthony apparently gave Baez until the end of the year to come up with a deal, and absent that anointed Mason as her official liaison.

The DB also reported ...they obtained information that Casey had recently resumed communicating with her brother, Lee, who in turn has been passing the messages on to their mother, Cindy. Back to the high fives and one big happy family again!

Casey Anthony

From the owner of the website TheDirty.com they have offered Casey $350,000 ... "I just want to confirm rumors going around the internet. Yes, I am trying to make a deal with Casey Anthony and Yes, the whole world will watch this interview. Itís not Blood Money, itís real life and people need to hear her side. Casey this is AmericaÖ let TheDirty.com be your voice." The letter to Baez is on their website.

The Dirty | Nik Richie + Dirty Army intel
Awwwe, all the love is leaving. Must go back to Mommy now, she has money in her Caylee Fund. I'm sure between the two of them, they will figure out how to "transfer" all funds to darling little Rhoda eventually.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Awwwe, all the love is leaving. Must go back to Mommy now, she has money in her Caylee Fund. I'm sure between the two of them, they will figure out how to "transfer" all funds to darling little Rhoda eventually.
Baez and Casey are birds of the same feather ... now the rats are jumping ship. Leaving of all people Cheney "The Finger" Mason ... he will depart before too long.

Of course the court has to approve Dorothy bailing on the appeal of the four lying to LEO charges ... it was only one big lie you know. But she was working pro bono so if they let her bail out they will have to appoint a lawyer for the indigent Casey. Unless she accepts The Dirty website offer.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:48 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,126,527 times
Everytime I see this thread topic....I start laughing.....I just have to go back and read it again. What a train wreck. They deserve each other and what a shame they don't stay together.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:07 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,756,753 times
I truly think Baez did not think he would win, and thought Casey would be his ongoing cash cow of public money on her years of death sentence appeals.

Then, he won, and thought, again, Casey would be a cash cow, to peddle her out like a two bit side show for cash...not too many takers. And Casey, psycho chick that she is, was more like a ball and chain. He wanted to use her for fame, and milk it out. But she has become a liability.

Just what Miami needs, another sleazy attorney. He will be back to his old tricks, paying bail bondsman for leads.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Just what Miami needs, another sleazy attorney. He will be back to his old tricks, paying bail bondsman for leads.
If you will recall at the beginning ... once upon a time stuff here ... long ago before the trial ... before the jury selection ... Baez said ďMy practice is predominately Hispanic.Ē He preferred defending Hispanic and Latinos and felt that was his calling.

Miami will be mecca for Baez. The last time we were in Miami it seemed we were not in the US anymore. The hotel had a sign prominently displayed they spoke five languages ... unfortunately English wasn't one of them when we checked in ... after a short delay she located someone that could communicate with us.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:41 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,800,580 times
Quote:
It's unclear why Baez tendered his resignation ... though it's rumored the two were having a falling out after Anthony's private video diaries surfaced online
Guess that little leak by Casey Anthony may have dropped the potential payload of the "first appearance". No more cash cow.....see'ya bye says Baez.

Mason reminds me of an old captian who insists on going down with his ship....lol

Either this or Casey did was she does to everyone....use them and then lose them. "thanks for saving my life and winning an unwinable case, now get lost!" According to one of the links I read, Anthony gave baez to the beginning of the year to land her a deal....she makes me literaly sick just to think about.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 01-14-2012 at 06:53 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 06:31 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,080,063 times
I wonder how much money she owes to Baez? Did the state of Florida pay all of his fee or only part of it? Anybody know how that works?

Old 01-15-2012, 08:48 AM

25,909 posts, read 39,210,953 times
I believe Baez and others around him didn't expect the back lash of negative publicity...basically Baez only has Geraldo standing up for him and telling every one what a honest man Baez is...

The get what they deserve which is not haing a pay check at the end of the day and I wonder who is interested to listen to a liar/murderer interview...

Old 01-15-2012, 10:00 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,800,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I wonder how much money she owes to Baez? Did the state of Florida pay all of his fee or only part of it? Anybody know how that works?
Wouldn't it just be the perfect poetic justice if Baez ended up suing Casey for legal fees? I have a feeling some people wouldn't know whether they would want to root for him or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I believe Baez and others around him didn't expect the back lash of negative publicity...quote]
Are you kidding? Since they took on this case they have lived in nothing BUT negative publicity....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or