U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 04:55 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,360,018 times

Advertisements

I believe that he will never make it out of there alive. I believe the reporters who said that is a bad place to be and someone will eventually get to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 06:20 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,806,778 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If she didn't know who he was until she saw it on his computer, it was already too late.
Come on now, what are the odds that she would just stumble upon something like this right after going up to the room with him?

Quote:
Anyway, we don't know that she even looked at his computer, that is what Joran said she did. .
Actualy, according to the report I heard, it's HIS lawyers that are disputing the fact that she looked him up on the computer, so it must be the prosecution making the claim.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:21 PM

15,183 posts, read 13,464,663 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Quote:

Come on now, what are the odds that she would just stumble upon something like this right after going up to the room with him?

Someone said she should have known better than to go to Joran's room because of Natalie. I was just pointing out that we do not know if she knew who he was or about Natalie, and if she didn't know until she saw it on the computer in his room, it was already too late.

Actualy, according to the report I heard, it's HIS lawyers that are disputing the fact that she looked him up on the computer, so it must be the prosecution making the claim.
No, Joran told police he flew into a rage when Flores found out who he was on his computer. His lawyers argued that he flew into the rage because he was suffering from PTSD because he was hounded about Natalie for the last five years.
Peru court sentences Joran van der Sloot to 28 years | abc13.com

Quote:
Van der Sloot told police he flew into a rage when she discovered his connection to Holloway via an instant message sent to him while they were playing online poker in his hotel room.
Quote:
Van der Sloot's lawyer argued he killed Flores on May 30, 2010, in a fit of rage he blamed on psychological trauma from being hounded as the prime suspect in Holloway case.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:07 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,505,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I think money does talk loudly over there in the prisons and you can easily buy TV and other privileges....so buying protection inside will probably also be on his list; it may be an OK life for someone with money...and then if he gets out early, watch out! wish I could say justice was served but it doesn't feel that way
Money talks over here, too. Look at the luxory that the mob bosses lived in in US prisons.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 PM

25,948 posts, read 39,232,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
I believe that he will never make it out of there alive. I believe the reporters who said that is a bad place to be and someone will eventually get to him.
Let it be similar to how the girl lost her live...karma.

Joran is trying to get the sentence served in Holland where live in prison means 21 years and you get 1/3 off for good behavior, like we have seen with a kidnapper who murdered the victim and was out in 13 years after getting a free Law degree in prison and money for disability for all the years he was in prison, paid in error but that couldn't be reversed.

I hope he will never be extradited and that Holland will be so smart to leave him there and forget but the guy.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:11 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,505,053 times
I find it so odd that his father seemed to have just dumped him on the island, presumably because he could do little damage there or maybe nobody cared. Then it was said that the father's influence on the island protected the son after the scandal broke.

I guess if you put yourself in the father's place, what would you do with a kid like that? I'll bet the dad sent him for counseling. What was the kid's childhood like?

Is anyone writing a book about this creep?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:41 PM

15,183 posts, read 13,464,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I find it so odd that his father seemed to have just dumped him on the island, presumably because he could do little damage there or maybe nobody cared. Then it was said that the father's influence on the island protected the son after the scandal broke.

I guess if you put yourself in the father's place, what would you do with a kid like that? I'll bet the dad sent him for counseling. What was the kid's childhood like?

Is anyone writing a book about this creep?
I think the author I mentioned earlier wrote a book about him......but we sure haven't heard a lot about it. I can't remember the author's name or the name of the book. I can just remember the little snippet I caught about him severely beating his little brother.....I think it was on Jane Valez Mitchel or Nancy Grace.

You would think someone would have done a movie about the slug by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime