U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:47 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,832,975 times

Advertisements

That does not surprise me, the driver probably had on lights and siren, and was dodging traffic. He might have noticed the EMS worker in back, but he might have glanced and thought she coded, and he was doing CPR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 08:57 PM

11,682 posts, read 14,481,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
That does not surprise me, the driver probably had on lights and siren, and was dodging traffic. He might have noticed the EMS worker in back, but he might have glanced and thought she coded, and he was doing CPR.
I guess that's true. I took a ride in the back of an ambulance once and I had 2 people in the back with me. I guess that doesn't always happen, though.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:11 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,827,679 times
This guy probly stole the idea from a KLaw&Order episode that aired last year. Probly seen it and thought it was a good Idea. Sicko.

I thought of that episoide when I seen this story break.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:41 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,766,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
THANKS, my friend sugarmaple.

And: just like a man to question if it really happened.
No. it's not just men who question. Because of personal experience, of a loved one falsely accused and railroaded by the system, I too question the validity of EVERY claim I read about (unless there is undeniable proof involved) and an accusation is not proof, nor is the admittance or plea of guilt, as I've stated above, I've seen the antics of a DA who wanted to "win" no matter the truth of the matter. ansd that includes threats of 20+ years and trying to keep out valid evidence, which thankfully was kept in.
If it's true, it is abhorrent, that it happened. Sadly, I'm jaded now, and I'm not alone.
This is the sad side-effect of a system where people don't care to do everything possible to find the truth.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 AM

5,421 posts, read 7,914,032 times
Quote:
THANKS, my friend sugarmaple.

And: just like a man to question if it really happened.
What exactly is the last part supposed to mean? I didn't say I disbelieved it, just wanted to see the link (and was having a "too lazy to look it up myself" moment).

Despicable and gives all of us in that field a bad name. Which makes it no surprise that people are afraid of/distrust EMTs and Paramedics these days.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:25 PM

17,640 posts, read 19,110,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I read the article and I am confused as to how the other worker in the vehicle did not notice something was happening??
Sometimes the co-worker is a co-conspirator.

Several years ago in CA (I think it was LA County) an EMT was caught (or found to have been) having "relations" with the corpse of a deceased little girl. If I recall correctly, the co-worker (who was a woman) would stand guard when this EMT would perform these acts.

(tried searching for a link to the story but could not find it...also a bit grossed out by the search results)

Old 01-14-2012, 09:58 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,383,011 times
Quote:
Well this is a revolting crime.

A SC woman being taken to the hospital following a domestic violence crime was sexually assaulted while in the back of the ambulance, by the EMS.

Anthony L Green confessed to assaulting the woman when he was alone with her in the ambulance. He also confessed he was aware she was FULLY incapacitated due to being strapped to a backboard for C Spine precautions. His DNA has confirmed the assault.

Victimized twice in one day, that lady.
He is out on bond of course.

Women and children are not safe anywhere....the people they put their trust in the most are most often the perpetrators.

livenews5.com
This North Carolina judge should have never allowed him to go on bond. It this man can assault a woman that is strapped to a backboard, and fully incapacitated.......he will assault his own mother, and little children. He is very DANGEROUS.....

Most likely he enjoys seeing women restrained, which in his mind, is a form of bondage....and that turns him on. I often wonder if he has done this before to women, who perhaps were unable to defend themselves due to a stroke or heart failure, while on his care. I do not believe this is the first time.....most likely, he has been getting away with it, until now.....

Recently, there has been several people caught making videos and placing them in YouTube, and Facebook, with little babies restrained via tapping their mouth, hands, and feet, usually female children. And these instances have been reported to the authorities and Children Protective Agencies. We are dealing with a very sick society today.

There is a WAR against women and children in this country......and it is time for people to start recognizing it, protect your little ones.......and if you are a female.......protect yourself....at all times....

Old 01-14-2012, 10:04 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,832,975 times
Very well said Latina. I have been contemplating starting a thread on this issue. I am a member of "Take Back the Night". Women are basically afraid to leave their homes, because of fear of violence. It occurs all the time now, is there more of it, or just more publicized? A woman went jogging, close to me, and was killed. They are not saying much yet. It is scary.
Sherry Arnold and Lauren Spierer: 2 missing women cases, 2 'body found' tweets - National Criminal Profiles | Examiner.com

Old 01-14-2012, 10:53 PM

9,270 posts, read 9,335,891 times
Quote:
Very well said Latina. I have been contemplating starting a thread on this issue. I am a member of "Take Back the Night". Women are basically afraid to leave their homes, because of fear of violence. It occurs all the time now, is there more of it, or just more publicized? A woman went jogging, close to me, and was killed. They are not saying much yet. It is scary.
Women may be afraid to leave their homes because of violence, but the person most likely to be a victim of a violent crime is not a woman, nor an elderly person, nor a child. The person statistically most likely to be a member of a violent crime is a young man in his late teens or early twenties.

The notion that there is a "war on women" finds little support outside sensationalized accounts of crime that are carried by newspapers and t.v. This is nothing new. William Randolph Hearst specialized in this kind of journalism when he established his first newspaper. Critics soon gave this kind of journalism the name "yellow journalism" in the early 1900's. True or not, it sold a lot of newspapers and made Hearst millions.

One violent crime is one too many. However, what the often near paranoid discussions on this forum obscure is the fact that violent crime has been dropping substantially in this country for over a decade. Yet, most people who are asked about crime will tell you that "it is everywhere" and is "increasing constantly". I attribute much of this attitude towards the abundance of shows like "Law and Order" "Nancy Grace", and "America's Most Wanted". Those who watch satellite t.v. may know there is an entire channel dedicated to true crime watchers now know as the "ID Channel". Clearly, there is a huge appetite for the kind of fear and hysteria such shows create. I watched a show tonight with my wife which discussed in detail a murder in which took place fourteen years ago and a conviction for it that occurred nine years before. My point? If these people have to go back this far there is not enough current material available.

The FBI keeps detailed crime statistics from every state in this country. FBI statistics for 2011 indicate that last year alone, violent crime which is defined as murder, rape, robbery, and kidnapping declined by 6% from 2010.

For anyone who is interested in rationally discussing this topic I am including the link.

FBI — FBI Releases Preliminary Semiannual Crime Statistics for 2011

In fact, in some places like New York City, the drop in homicides has been quite profound. Murder peaked in New York City back in 1990 when there were 2245 homicides. Today, there are approximately 500 per year which represents a total decline of approximately 75%. No one would want to be one of those 500 people, but this problem needs to be seen in its proper perspective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NYC_murders.PNG

Now, what about the USA as a whole? Crime statistics indicate that violent crime has declined 70% since its peak around 1990. I wonder if the people on this forum who talk about a "war on women" believe that these statistics are "made up" and some sort of a conspiracy?

http://crimeinamerica.net/crime-rates-united-states/

Last edited by markg91359; 01-14-2012 at 11:22 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 03:48 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,337,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
This North Carolina judge should have never allowed him to go on bond. It this man can assault a woman that is strapped to a backboard, and fully incapacitated.......he will assault his own mother, and little children. He is very DANGEROUS.....

Most likely he enjoys seeing women restrained, which in his mind, is a form of bondage....and that turns him on. I often wonder if he has done this before to women, who perhaps were unable to defend themselves due to a stroke or heart failure, while on his care. I do not believe this is the first time.....most likely, he has been getting away with it, until now.....

Recently, there has been several people caught making videos and placing them in YouTube, and Facebook, with little babies restrained via tapping their mouth, hands, and feet, usually female children. And these instances have been reported to the authorities and Children Protective Agencies. We are dealing with a very sick society today.

There is a WAR against women and children in this country......and it is time for people to start recognizing it, protect your little ones.......and if you are a female.......protect yourself....at all times....
Wasn't this South Carolina?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or