Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times

Advertisements

Shut your shades if you're naked. Not that hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 12:46 PM

125 posts, read 206,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Good fences make good neighbors, (and keeps peepers out)
It also helps to have motion lights and a dog can help.
BTW, if I caught a person on my property peering in my windows, I would not hesitate to provide a free "tune-up."

Old 04-20-2012, 08:06 PM

455 posts, read 633,169 times
[quote=Summering;22723483]This is a true story and happening as we speak in upstate New York.

There was a peeping tom in the neighborhood. Many saw him in the distance. One came nose to nose with him at a window.
He would park his black jeep and go roam around the backs of homes.
Finally just recently he was caught. A 50 year old man who parks his car and quote " just walks out and about for a smoke."....
Many in the neighborhood are quite scared. The worst thing is he is set free as the only charge can be "trespassing."

Well, great......
What has to happen before he can be taken to jail and charged with something of greater value.
So we let a dangerous man go free to repeat his vile roaming.

I know many neighbors who are quite frightened that this sick person will come back. He was not even afraid to do his roaming during the light of day.

People are afraid, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Does this mean something bad has to happen before he is hauled away?

This is a big problem in America. Dealing with dangerous people and no law to stop them.

I am praying for these neighborhoods, and you should too. That everyone stays safe, and the monster heads for the mountains.[/QUOT

This is a big problem in America. Dealing with dangerous people and no law to stop them.

I guess thats why we have 2-million in prison, dwarfing anyone else !

Old 04-21-2012, 08:23 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The man must commit a crime that is more heinous to go to jail for a longer time. This is tresspassing - simple as that.

If you have a peeping Tom around and you are worried, lock your doors, stay alert, and have a shotgun ready(if you are really worried). Actually, you can likely deal with this problem without a weapon. Peeping toms are trying to be discreet - the last thing they want is attention. If you don't want to confront someone make loits of noise, shout, scream, bang on a pot. They will most likely leave.

People have become wusses. Time was people dealt with there own problems instead of screaming for another law to be passed. Government is to big already. If a law was passed then lot's of people would get arrested simply for looking at anothers property. Now be a big girl and take care of this yourself. You don't need the government to hold your hand and say "There, there it will be alright." Self reliance needs to make a big comeback.
Wow,I can't believe you expect people to take the law into their own hands. Right now we are dealing with this as in the Trayvon Martin case.
You can't just go about beating someone who peeps in your window. That's lawlessness. I also pay for the cops to do a job of protecting me.we all do in the form of taxes.
Remember,in America the peeping Tom would have more rights than the victims.

I have young daughters,so I guess I would have to wait until one gets raped for the cops to do something.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:43 AM

455 posts, read 633,169 times
Tell them, "get the hell off my property" that should work most of the time !

Old 04-21-2012, 09:28 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Take pictures of him prowling about. Be obvious about it. That'll help him move along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime