Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2012, 09:48 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times

Advertisements

Blood found where missing Maine girl last seen | Reuters

this is the story from Maine. This little girl disappeared from her bed at her father's house and has never been seen since. The rivers and ponds were searched, both parents have taken lie detector tests (father won't disclose the results of his), this little girl is just--gone.

The mother had been in a drug program and the father was taking care of her. He has said all along that when he went to get her up in the morning, she wasn't there.

She didn't walk off on her own--they checked that out. This is baffling. Who would kidnap her? A family member hiding her so that the mom can't get her back? But what good would that do? They would eventually be caught.

I always wondered--the little girl already had a broken arm "from a fall." Now there is blood in the basement. Why would anyone harm this beautiful little girl? Is there a Sherlock on here who can fathom this mystery and add any clues? I'm getting pretty sick of hearing about it because it's not sounding good at all.

Why is this case not getting more publicity--because it's not in Vegas or California, but Maine? Good, decent salt of the earth people in Maine. What has happened to this poor little girl??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 09:57 PM

yla Reynolds Missing: Girl's Mom Claims Dad Won't Speak To Her

[CENTER]Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy[/CENTER]

First Posted: 12/29/11 12:56 PM ET Updated: 12/29/11 12:56 PM ET

React

Amazing
Inspiring
Funny
Scary
Hot
Crazy
Important
Weird

Follow

Video , Justin DiPietro , Missing Toddler , Missing Child , Trista Reynolds , Ayla Reynolds , Ayla Reynolds Missing , Maine , Maine Crime , Missing Children , Missing Person , Missing Persons , Waterville , Crime News

share this story

Get Crime Alerts
Submit this story

The mother of a missing Maine toddler blasted the girl's father for cutting off communication after the 20-month-old's disappearance.
Trista Reynolds called out Justin DiPietro -- the last person to see Ayla Reynolds -- for refusing to speak with her since their baby vanished.
The girl has been missing for 13 days.
"He says he's not in hiding, but why won't he come out? Why won't he talk to me? Why is he staying away?" Trista Reynolds said during an interview with Matt Lauer on the "Today" show.
"What is he so afraid of to not come out or to talk to me?"
DiPietro called authorities in the city of Waterville on the morning of Dec. 17, claiming Ayla Reynolds had vanished from her bedroom overnight. Police believe she was abducted.
Before the child's disappearance, DiPietro took custody of Ayla Reynolds while Trista Reynolds entered rehab for substance abuse. But one day before Ayla Reynolds vanished, Trista Reynolds went to court in an attempt to regain custody of the toddler.
When asked whether she believes DiPietro was involved in the girl's disappearance, Trista Reynolds described herself as conflicted.
"Part of me feels yes and a part of me feels no," she said.
Trista Reynolds also questioned DiPietro's parenting prior to the disappearance of their daughter.
"He would never let me see her," she claimed. "I would call to talk to her and he would get mad about it. If I did see her and I would notice something on her, like a bruise or something, instead or reacting in a calm manner, he would lash out about it or kind of go into defense."
When Ayla Reynolds went missing, she was nursing a broken arm. Investigators described the injury as accidental, but in an interview with CNN, Trista Reynolds claims DiPietro waited nearly 24 hours before bringing the child to a hospital.
SEE PHOTOS FROM THE CASE: story continues below

Ayla Reynolds

1 of 9

PLAY
FULLSCREEN
ZOOM
SHARE THIS SLIDE

Investigators are searching for Ayla Reynolds, a 20-month-old Maine girl believed to have vanished from her bed while her family slept. Reynolds' father, Justin DiPietro, told investigators he last saw the child at around 8 p.m. on Dec. 16 when he put her to sleep in her own bedroom. The following morning, at around 8:50 a.m., he called police to say her bed was empty. This photograph was posted on a Facebook page dedicated to the missing toddler.

Trista Reynolds' TV appearance came just after DiPietro released his first public statement since the child's disappearance, which launched a massive multi-agency search, making national news and generating hundreds of tips.
"Until now, I have not participated in any interviews for I don't want to in any way hinder the investigation," he wrote in remarks provided to The Huffington Post by the Waterville Police Department.
"However, it is important that the public hear it from me personally that I have no idea what happened to Ayla and that I am not hiding," he wrote. "I have been in full cooperation with everyone in this effort, including not adding additional media hype."
DiPietro shot down Trista Reynolds' insinuations that he mistreated their daughter.
"I would never do anything to hurt my child," he said. "The questions of Ayla's arm or bruises or anything else being said are simply ludicrous."
He urged the public to "remain positive and hopeful."
"I have to believe that Ayla is with somebody and I just want that person to find the courage to do the right thing and find a way to return her safely," he said.
Investigators have said that both parents are cooperating with police and that DiPietro is not considered a suspect.
Ayla Reynolds is 2 feet, 9 inches tall, about 30 pounds, with short blonde hair and blue eyes, according to a Facebook page dedicated to the missing toddler. Residents and businesses in Waterville are offering a $30,000 reward to anyone who provides information that leads investigators to the child.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:28 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,030 times
That's so sad. The problem is, there seems to be so many of these cases, where kids go missing. My heart goes out to that innocent little girl.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 PM

Now they're saying that the blood did belong to the little girl and that it was more than just from a scratch.

This is sounding worse. The wife had just filed for custody but she said the husband couldn't have known that. But maybe he DID. So he would kill his own child so that the mother couldn't have her?

Old 01-30-2012, 04:04 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,755,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Now they're saying that the blood did belong to the little girl and that it was more than just from a scratch.

This is sounding worse. The wife had just filed for custody but she said the husband couldn't have known that. But maybe he DID. So he would kill his own child so that the mother couldn't have her?

It happens all the time. Think of Alice Crimmins.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM

626 posts, read 975,859 times
The father's girlfriend was there the night she went missing. Did they question HER?

Old 01-31-2012, 10:44 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,675,499 times
Jesus whats with the CAPS and "Quotations"

Old 02-01-2012, 04:24 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,846,616 times
Dad fled from the police station when they showed him photos of the luminol'd basement (showing the blood).

Old 02-02-2012, 05:14 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,755,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Dad fled from the police station when they showed him photos of the luminol'd basement (showing the blood).
And did they chase him down and cuff him?

Old 02-02-2012, 05:29 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,846,616 times
oh no, of course not. The standard response...everybody responds to grief in a different way...blah, blah, blah.

LE searched neighbor's house across the street yesterday I believe...but they are being very closed mouthed about evidence being taken out of the houses, cars, etc. Search warrants have been sealed. I guess there is a method to what they are doing...I don't think anybody is going to flee the area. Nancy Grace has been covering this case extensively. That little girl is so beautiful, this is not going to have a good ending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime