U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM

7,106 posts, read 9,341,059 times

Advertisements

Is Bob Bashara a 'suspect' or 'person of interest' in his wife's death? Nancy Grace doesn't understand the distinction either (with video) | MLive.com

They say hubby flunked the polygraph -- they've ruled out rape, robbery and carjacking as possible motives, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 10:33 AM

4,571 posts, read 7,054,651 times
IMO, hubby is involved in some way...he had a girlfriend and probably wanted out of the marriage and to collect insurance, etc. (pure conjecture on my part). "Not a suspect or person of interest" disclaimer for legal reasons but of course he is.

Seems like she came home and put on her bedroom slippers (or they could have been put on her after the fact). I'm curious as to whether her (assuming fake) nails were found in the car, which would indicate the struggle and murder actually took place in the car. I sort of had the feeling she might have been killed elsewhere (garage?) and her body placed in the car and then the car driven to the location where it was found. I know LE isn't giving out any information yet on evidence but the nails would be a big clue.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:08 PM

from Fox News...

The latest twist in the case comes as investigative sources confirmed to Fox affiliate WJBK-TV they discovered a "sex dungeon" in the basement of a property owned by Bob Bashara. The alleged room, filled with whips, chains and a bed, sits beneath the Hard Luck Lounge in Grosse Pointe Park, the station reported.
Rebecca Delodder and others who live near the property told the station that Bob Bashara was often seen coming in and out of the basement over the past few years.
"Last summer to maybe a couple years ago there were people always going in and out down in that basement. Somebody told me he had an S & M thing going down there," Delodder told the station. "People dressed up. They would be dressed up in different black outfits ... A couple times there I saw somebody coming up out of there in the morning, but most the time it was kind of late at night."

Not sure if this would have anything to do with her murder, but interesting...

Old 02-02-2012, 01:21 PM

7,376 posts, read 12,880,518 times
Husbands are always the first suspect. Also polygraphs don't mean much, nor do they prove anything.

As a teen I was accused of starting a fire in a teachers car which I did not do. I took a polygraph and failed it. The next day they found
the kid who started the fire and dropped all my charges.

Last edited by skel1977; 02-02-2012 at 01:29 PM..

Old 02-02-2012, 03:26 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,698,893 times
Typical, how many husbands have killed their wives, and get away with it?! I knew of a case, years ago, in Utah...the husband went hiking with his wife, she "fell", ironically, their marriage was on the rocks...of course, it was an "accident". Most recently, the woman in Utah who disappeared...her husband is also a "person of interest"....creepy. Who can forget Mark Hacking? Killed his wife...Drew Peterson, Scott Peterson...just to name a few...

Old 02-02-2012, 05:12 PM

The police say his mistake in this case was leaving the Mercedes and purse untouched, strangling her (the proper Detroit carjacking method would be to shoot her), and leaving her in the car wearing slippers, making clear that she was not on her way home from work when she was killed.

Also, in my opinion he didn't sound upset at all when he was interviewed for the news, and clearly already talked about her as if she were dead when she was theoretically only missing at that point.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:32 PM

what do you think about this guy who has gone to the police and confessed that he was an accomplice to this...they didn't even arrest him. They must know he's a nutcase??? I don't see how somebody can confess to a crime and not get arrested (even if LE doesn't believe him).

Old 02-05-2012, 02:23 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,582,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
what do you think about this guy who has gone to the police and confessed that he was an accomplice to this...they didn't even arrest him. They must know he's a nutcase??? I don't see how somebody can confess to a crime and not get arrested (even if LE doesn't believe him).
This is so strange to me. Joe has been released and now Bob says he is afraid of him. Bob is still the main suspect.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post

If they feel he's not a threat to anyone else or a flight risk, they may let him go knowing he would be better off cooperating than fleeing. But yeah, I agree with you!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:04 PM

52 posts, read 38,048 times
State police are conducting a search of his home now. His mother was seen cleaning the garage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or